Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rama PriyaYour feedback matters!
I have PCOD. Taking inositol, tamoxifen for ovulation induction. On day 22nd I went for ultrasound and found one 19 mm follicle. Z it possible dat it wil not rupture? I believed dat a mature follicle will definitely rupture. Wat r d chances of ovulation taking place?
She had sex with me 2 months ago on last day of her bleeding. Which was unprotected sex. After 1 month she had usual periods as she said. Till present she has none of any abnormal problems Can she be pregnant? Her period is getting late this month! If yes what should we do?
Due to white discharge and heavy flow I am having back pain and weakness pls give line of treatment.
Hello, I am 27 yrs, suffering from menstrual problem as my periods are not on time. As I done with sonography and all also took 3 months tablet course but invain.Now I am taking siocare syrup twice a day. So please suggest me another treatment. As from starting I am suffering the problem.
There is a widespread debate about the healthiness and nutritional value of non-vegetarian food. While the advocates of both the segments cheer their own cuisines, science has a completely different standpoint. Some of the common apprehensions of consuming non-vegetarian dishes include the occurrence of deadly diseases such as diabetes, cancer, obesity,, high blood pressure, renal diseases to name a few. This being said, there is no concrete evidence of any co-relation between non-vegetarian food and complicated diseases. As a matter of fact, non-vegetarian diet has numerous nutritional benefits.
- High source of nutrition: Non-vegetarian dishes, such as meat has high protein content and is enriched with vital amino acids. While protein is the building block of the body, amino acids ensure that the body is safeguarded from common ailments and strengthen the immune system.
- Rich iron content: Iron is a key component of the hemoglobin and the human body requires it in adequate quantities for normal functioning of the system. Red meat, soup and bone marrow, for instance, is a rich source of iron. It helps the body to safeguard itself against critical diseases such as anemia.
- The vital creatinine: Meat contains a vital component called creatinine that helps the body to build muscle. A study (Brown, 2008) revealed that most vegetarian infants portray stalled growth due to creatinine deficiency.
- Good source of B12: Vitamin B12 is an important constituent that the body requires for normal functioning. Lack of this vitamin causes Macrocytic Anemia. Infant of a vegetarian mother is often witnessed to be suffering from Anemia due to lack of B12.
- Easy phosphorus availability: Vegetarian dishes contain phytic acid which needs to be converted to phosphorus by complex chemical reactions. In sharp contrast, non-vegetarian meals have ready to absorb phosphorous content.
- Vitamin A and calcium availability: Fish has vitamin A that accounts for human intelligence and formation of memory. It also helps the body with calcium content for stronger teeth and bone formation. While calcium is available in vegetarian diets, the concentration of calcium is way more in fish and other non-vegetarian sources.
- Other mineral constituents: Non vegetarian diet contains some key minerals such as zinc, riboflavin, amino acid, lysine etc. These minerals are required by the body in adequate portions in order to avoid energy deficiencies. Some fishes contain a critical component called omega 3 acids which is required by the body for sound mental and physical health.
Non-vegetarian dishes, therefore, are definitely healthy and are consumed by millions of people across the world. While there are many advantages of non-veg food, too much consumption of red meat might lead to complicated diseases. It is, therefore, essential to maintain a balanced diet for the body to function well.
I have excessive bleeding in my mensuration and feel weakness alot kindly suggest some thing to get rid of weakness and pain.
Sir I had sex during my last day of periods Date 20 january. And till I doesn't get my periods can I pregnent if yes so please tell.Me the abortion tablet for one.Month baby in my uterus?
I am 24 yrs old married woman. Its been 8 months since I am married. Recently I have been diagnosed with endometriosis. Although my left ovary is normal. Right ovary has 2 cysts. One of size 32x40mm. Another one. Smaller. I m really very scared. I want to go for pregnancy. Is it possible to get pregnant without surgery. Please reply.
The body has multiple chemicals called hormones, which regulate many of its functions. Increased or decreased levels of these hormones affect various functions including metabolism, growth and sexual functions. Thyroxin produced by the thyroid (situated in the front of the neck) is one such hormone, which has a significant role to play in metabolism.
Graves’ disease is one of the main causes of hyperthyroidism, where there is excessive production of thyroid hormones. Graves’ disease is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the body reacts against its own tissues. It is very common in women than men, especially after 20 years of age. Family history also has a strong correlation in developing Graves’ disease. The high levels of thyroid hormone increase the rate of metabolism, thereby altering weight, mental energy levels, physical stamina, and also mood.
Thyroid hormone is related to metabolism and more amount of it lead to higher metabolism. This causes the following symptoms.
- Intolerance to heat
- Excessive sweating
- Nervousness and anxiety
- Inability sleep, as the mind is always excited
- Increased appetite (sometimes despite weight loss) due to higher metabolism
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Palpitations (rapid, loud heartbeat)
- Irregular heartbeats (tachyarrhythmia)
- Fine tremors of the extended arms
- Breast enlargement in men, known as gynecomastia
- Extreme moodiness, causing irritability and anger
- Inability to focus and concentrate
- General fatigue and shortness of breath with any exertion
- Increased frequency of bowel movements
In addition, the eye symptoms are quite diagnostic including:
- Protrusion of the eyes (exophthalmos), giving an impression that they are going to fall out
- Double vision
- Excessive tearing
- Increased irritation in the eyes
Diagnosis: The first symptom would be the presence of an enlarged thyroid gland (front of the neck above the collarbone), and the some of the above symptoms would be present.
In addition, tests to check for thyroid gland functioning including T3 and T4 levels would reveal increased amounts of hormone in the blood stream.
As a confirmatory test, the radioactive iodine uptake test also is done, which will indicate increased uptake by the thyroid gland. This indicates that the gland is functioning at an increased pace and requires additional iodine for the production of thyroid hormones.
Treatment: There are two approaches to it, one to control the symptoms and the other to control the thyroid gland per se.
- Beta blockers are very useful in controlling rapid heart rate and anxiety.
- Prednisone may be used to control eye irritation and swelling
- Antithyroid drugs are used to control the production of thyroid
- Radioactive iodine is given orally to control excessive thyroid production
- In severe cases, thyroid gland may be surgically removed partially or completely
Graves’ disease is not life-threatening and once symptoms are controlled, the patient’s quality of life improves drastically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist.
I am 24 is old female unmarried am getting trouble with menses delay in every month. I am not consul any doctor till now and I didn't use any prescriptions?
I am 24 years old. Since last 9 months I have been having scanty periods. Light red bleeding lasting only 3 days . My normal period would last 5 days with proper bleeding. I took ayurvedic medicine for 3 months and for 3 months my periods were fine. But again as soon as I stopped the medicine they started becoming scanty. In Aug 2015 I had a scan that showed polycystic appearing ovaries I haven't taken any tests or treatment for it. I will definitely go to a gynecologist now and get required tests done. As off now. I am worried about this one thing. I read on the net that scanty periods is due to high prolactin which is caused by tumor in pituitary gland. Is this true? I understand a doctor can give diagnosis only after testing but Going by my symptoms does it look like tumor? I am otherwise very healthy. I am not overweight. Even though my periods are scanty I get them regularly. I don't smoke drink and my exercise includes yoga and brisk walk. Also just a week before I am about to get my periods I started breaking acne on forehead which goes away immediately after periods. Please help. Does this problem look worrisome?
I have been married for 8 years. My height is 5'4" and weight 68 kg. I am 32 years old and my husband is 41 years. I have PCOS. I will be having my 2nd IUI next week. I am taking Metformin and injections Menopur 75 and HMG 150. The 2 follicles are 14 on day 16. My questions are - are my follicles good enough? Do the injections cost between 1-2k in other clinics as well, as this procedure is bit expensive (around 50k in total)? Will IUI be successful or is there any alternative treatment plan for pregnancy with pcos? How much chance do I have to get pregnant with fertility treatments? Any other information that I should take from my doctor? Please advice. Thank you.
I am 33 yr old female suffering from irregular period and abnormal hair growth on chin, breast and lower stomach area for the last 7 years. I have taken several treatments from allopathic to ayurvedic. No cure.
It's that time of the year where extra calories lurk every corner. Christmas cakes, cookies and then New Year's party. These should not be taken as liberty to gain an extra pound or two during holidays because according to researchers at national institute of health, it is very difficult to lose weight gained in winters. However it is still possible to enjoy your holiday goodies without gaining extra pounds. Some of the tips are as follows:
1. Control your portion sizes. Take a small portion of all the things you like and spread these out amongst meals and/or days.
2. Never arrive hungry at a party. Try to have a nutritious snack (like roasted chana, fruits, handful of dry fruits, milk) beforehand. If you arrive hungry, drink some water to fill up before filling your plate.
3. Divert your attention. Don't look at party as just a food event. Enjoy your friends' company or dancing or focus on something other than food.
4. Pace yourself. Do not try to finish your food in first half hour of party, it makes you chew faster. Munch leisurely put your fork down after every bite.
5. Drinking alcohol packs a triple punch when it comes to interfering with weight loss. Besides having empty calories, some research has shown that alcohol stimulates appetite and lowers inhibition so you’re more likely to eat fried, fatty, salty foods. Try to avoid alcohol at parties if you can, or, if you know you are going to have a drink or two, not to do it on an empty stomach. Skipping meals throughout the day to save yourself calories for drinking usually backfires and leads to overeating, so pre-plan the number of drinks you’ll have and deduct those calories from your daily total.
6. Don't wait until after the holidays to start exercising. Everyone can find 30 minutes to sneak in a workout.