Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rama Chander A
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rama Chander AYour feedback matters!
I have small pin prick like red spots all over my left forearm. They are quite itchy and they are not bumps, they're more in the skin. They are quite irritated, water calms it momentarily but the itchiness continues right after the water is removed.
Uncontrolled diabetes can be life-threatening. Prevent these serious diabetes complications by learning the warning signs.
People with type 2 diabetes are at increased risk of many serious health problems, including heart attack, kidney failure, nerve damage, stroke, vision loss, amputation. But by keeping your diabetes in check — that means maintaining good blood sugar control, you can prevent many of these.
- Chest discomfort that feels like pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain in the center of your chest, lasting for a short time or going away and returning.
- Pain elsewhere, including the back, jaw, stomach, or neck; or pain in one or both arms.
- Shortness of breath.
Stroke warning signs may include:
- Sudden numbness or weakness in the face, arm, or leg, especially if it occurs on one side of the body.
- Feeling confused.
- Difficulty walking, talking and lacking coordination.
People with diabetes are at increased risk of nerve damage, or diabetic neuropathy, due to uncontrolled high blood sugar. Nerve damage associated with type 2 diabetes can cause a loss of feeling in your feet, which makes you more vulnerable to injury and infection. You may get a blister or cut on your foot that you don't feel and, unless you check your feet regularly, an infection can develop. Untreated infections can result in gangrene (death of tissue) and ultimately amputation of the affected limb.
ALTERED IMMUNE SYSTEM
Diabetes can also make it more difficult for your body to fight infections, causing skin problems. Various skin conditions are linked to diabetes, and even the most minor cuts or sores can turn serious fast. Any bumps, cuts, or scrapes should be cleaned and treated with an antibiotic cream and monitored carefully.
Type 2 diabetes increases your risk of kidney disease, or diabetic nephropathy, a condition in which the blood vessels in your kidneys are damaged to the point that they cannot filter out waste properly. If left untreated, dialysis (a treatment to filter out waste products from the blood) and ultimately a kidney transplant may be needed.
Typically, you won’t notice symptoms of kidney disease until it has advanced. However, if you experience any of the following symptoms, visit your doctor:
- Swelling in your ankles and legs.
- Leg cramps.
- A need to go to the bathroom more often at night.
- A reduction in your need for insulin.
- Weakness and paleness.
The best way to prevent type 2 diabetes-related kidney problems is to have your urine, blood, and blood pressure monitored regularly and to keep your blood sugar and blood pressure under control.
People with type 2 diabetes are at risk of several eye conditions, including diabetic retinopathy (which affects the blood vessels in the eye), glaucoma, and cataracts. If left untreated, these conditions can cause vision loss.
Visit your doctor if you notice any of these warning signs:
- Blurry vision that lasts for more than two days.
- Sudden loss of vision in one or both eyes.
- Floaters, black or gray spots, cobwebs, or strings that move when you move your eyes.
- A sensation of seeing "flashing lights".
- Pain or pressure in one or both eyes.
HIGH BLOOD SUGAR (HYPERGLYCEMIA)
Hyperglycemia means you have too much sugar in your blood. High blood sugar doesn't always produce symptoms; therefore, it is important to check your blood sugar regularly, as indicated by your doctor. When symptoms of hyperglycemia occur, they may include:
- Frequent urination.
- Extreme thirst.
- Feeling tired and weak.
- Blurry vision.
The key to preventing many of the complications of diabetes is to keep your blood sugar at a healthy level. To do this eat right, exercise, monitor your blood sugar as recommended by your doctor, and don't smoke.
A healthy lifestyle is your road map for managing diabetes, which is the key to preventing or delaying complications:
Follow a healthy eating plan.
Be physically active for at least 150 minutes a week (just 30 minutes, 5 days a week).
Manage your ABCs:
A regular A1C test to measure your average blood sugar over 2 to 3 months; aim to stay in your target range as much as possible.
Try to keep your blood pressure below 140/90 mm Hg (or the target your doctor sets).
Control your cholesterol levels.
- Stop smoking or don’t start.
For people with diabetes, controlling blood pressure has big benefits: it reduces the risk of heart disease by as much as 50% and the risk of kidney, eye, and nerve disease by about 33%.
Lose weight if you’re overweight—just a 5% to 7% weight loss lowers the risk for complications. That’s 10 to 14 pounds for someone who weighs 200 pounds.
Take medicines as prescribed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have more stomach problems sometimes it is very painful for last night I face more pain what should I do and I have many time headache problem in half head want to resolve ths problem.
My name is rahul verma and I am 21 years old. I am suffering from jaundice before 20-25 days. Which type of food I should taken. What is the treatment of it.
Sir I am 25 years old male .i have intestinal parasites problem from childhood. And when I was in 5th class I go to hospital and doctor give me one medicine .i take it and problem go for 5 years .than again it occurs and I take medicine again .but today I suffering from this problem .it occurs when I it sweets and sugar item .what is solution for this problem .please tell me medicine name which kill all parasite.
Hi, I am 35 years old male. My HBsAg is positive. Is it possible to make it negative through medication?
I have done too many times sex with too many women but first two times I have ejaculated too early and I lose my tightness so what to do and how to get hard penis for longer sex.
I have been approved for a penile implant. I am looking for resources about the surgery: how the implant works, how it helps the penis lengthen from a flaccid state to fully erect. Also, how do I find how much experience a doctor has in this area?
Hello sir I have suffered from night fall since 2007 i.e. From 8 years. It occurs four times a week. I have taken many ayurvedic, homeopathic,unani medicine but yet now the problem remains same. Please help! I am very week weight under 50 kg dark circle under eyes.
Over the years, a sizeable number of people have expressed their affinity for brown rice as the healthier alternative to plain rice. Doctors are growingly recommending brown rice to all those, who are keen on losing kilos or keeping type 2 diabetes in arrest. Brown rice essentially undergoes less processing as compared to white rice, hence it retains all the essential nutrients. Brown rice contains the side hull and bran and consequently, it helps in replenishing the crucial body nutrients like proteins, thiamine, calcium, magnesium, fiber and potassium. The growing popularity of brown rice not only stems from its nutritive values, but also from the myriad healthy diet options that revolve around it. Unlike white rice, brown rice does not require artificial fortifications like synthetic vitamins in order to conform to the required standards of FDA. Brown rice enables you to enjoy the health benefits without compromising on the taste of rice. Brown rice is advantageous for not just the fitness fanatics, but is also the preferred meal for those with specialized dietary preferences like vegans.
Some of the rationale for consumption of brown rice are listed as follows:
- Controls insulin spike: Brown rice has extremely low glycemic rating because of which the blood sugar level in our body can be adequately controlled. While plain rice enhances the risk of developing diabetes, brown rice goes a long way in nullifying the glucose fluctuations in our body.
- High in fiber: Brown rice is one of the most important sources of essential body fibers. It helps in preventing colon cancer by supplying the necessary fibers and it also detoxifies the colon walls by eliminating the cancer causing substances from the body.
- Promotes weight loss: Brown rice regulates the bowel movements and thereby stimulates better metabolism. It is also considered to be one of the most wholesome dietary supplements because it remains a whole grain, unlike plain rice. Therefore, it is one of the most opted for food items for those wishing to lose the extra kilos.
- Rich in salts and naturally occurring oils: Brown rice is rich in body salts like selenium and manganese, which nourish your nervous and reproductive systems, thereby reducing the occurrence of diseases like cancer, arthritis and other cardiovascular syndromes.
- Ideal as baby food: Given that brown rice is replete in necessary body fibers and health boosting nutrients, it is ideal for baby food because it promotes fast growth in babies and also averts any nutrition deficiency diseases. It also protects the baby from any synthetic vitamins that emerge from the consumption of white rice.