Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajashekar RaoYour feedback matters!
Unless you’re planning to have a baby, it is best to employ some form of birth control to have a satisfying and pleasurable sexual relationship. Having an intercourse right after the menstrual cycle is least likely to result in pregnancy, but there is quite a possibility that an accident may happen. The withdrawal method is highly undependable and should be avoided as far as possible. Birth control is available in a number of forms. Condoms, birth control pills, intrauterine devices or IUD and birth control shots are the most common methods of birth control. Here are five things you should know about birth control.
- Birth control prices vary: Birth control is available in a number of price ranges to suit varying budgets. Condoms are the most budget friendly while IUDs are amongst the most expensive. However, IUDS are effective over a long spell of time while condoms must be used only once. In some cases, your insurance may help pay for birth control. Hence do your research properly before deciding on the type of birth control you would like to use.
- Not all birth control protects against STDs: The only type of birth control that can protect against both pregnancy and STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) are condoms. All the other forms of birth control do not protect against the transference of STDs. Spermicides and diaphragms can lower the risk of catching an STD, but do not give full proof protection.
- Not just one person needs to be completely responsible for birth control: If you are in a committed relationship, both people have to take full responsibility of birth control. Birth control devices are available for both men and women and hence this is a responsibility that needs to be shared equally. However, if you are not in a committed relationship and have more than one sexual partner, it is best to take responsibility of birth control in your own hands.
- There are side effects to most forms of birth control: Any form of birth control that involves hormones will have side effects. Some of the common side effects triggered by birth control are nausea, weight gain or weight loss, mood swings, sore or swollen breasts and lighter or heavier blood flow during menstruation.
- No form of birth control is 100% effective: Lastly, you should know that apart from abstaining from sex, no form of birth control is 100% effective. At the same time, you should also know that missing a period is not always a sign of being pregnant as there are various reasons that affect your menstrual cycle. Therefore, it is best to undergo a pregnancy test in case you missed your periods. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
She had sex with his husband one month ago because his husband is in navy now from one month she do not have periods yet. Is she pregnant? Or not?
I am 12 weeks pregnant and suffering from. Abdominal and vaginal pain for last 2 days. Being unable to consult my doctor I am using this app. Also there is excess vaginal watery discharge. More than usual. Pls tell me if this is normal.
Am a married person & three years have gone, but after having many inter courses my wife has not yet conceived. Pl let me know as what will be the reason i. D because of less SEMEN going inside Or less food intake by both of us? When we approached the gynecologist they told us to go for DNA test so what is a DNA test for me & for her doctor has given a GEL which she has to apply Is t because I used to masturbate & in this connection I want to know as whether due to this Will this affect my family planning as I used to have sexual relationship with my wife but so far she has not become pregnant.
Hi I am 24 years female height 5.4 weight 65 kgs I look healthy I want to put down five kgs, please advice me a diet plan for a month. Please help me with the tips to keep myself motivated for this plan I am very foodie. Thank you.
Exercising regularly has many benefits for the body and many times these benefits can be life changing. It has been proved that doing exercise sets the foundations for a happy sex life as well. While exercising the brain releases endorphins the sex hormone. These hormones not only spice up the sex but also help in digestion, lower the heart rate, blood pressure and cortisol and ease the body.
Here is how exercising routinely can improve the relationship in bed and make a huge difference:
1. Blood circulation: Blood flow and the exciting sensation is very important prior to and during sex. When a person exercises regularly then there is an increase in the blood circulation and thus the blood is pumped to all parts of the body. In women who exercise, the circulation increases the fluids of the vagina which in turn helps in a quicker lubrication when in the act.
2. Release of endorphins: Having a clear mindset while having sex is very important. This is more important for women as they tend to over-ride things, thus working best when they have a clear mind and are able to concentrate only on the sexual act. When orgasm is achieved then endorphins are released which is basically a mood elevating chemical. It makes a person feel good and gives relaxed feeling of the mind and body along with euphoria. Endorphins are usually released during exercise, sports and sex. Along with the endorphins putting stress at bay and lifting the mood it also give a clear mind for the sexual activity.
3. Longer and stronger orgasms: On average orgasm in men and women lasts for 10 and 20 seconds, respectively. With exercise one can easily extent this time, pleasure and strength of the orgasm. On contraction of the pelvic floor muscles an orgasm is achieved. When these muscles are kept strong then a longer orgasm is achieved. Sacrum is the area which supports the pelvis and spine; when it is exercised with glutes then it helps in strengthening the muscles. Also, kegels, squats, and pelvic thrusts are some of the exercises which can be done.
4. Increases self confidence: A sexiest trait is that someone can show is that they feel good and confident about the way they look. Studies prove that people who exercise regularly and have good fitness levels display good confidence in their sexual acts and desirability.
5. Exercises the brain: It is said that a great sex usually starts in the mind and the brain is a mighty sex organ. Thus it is of utmost importance that the brain must be fed with nurturing information, so that it becomes stronger. Research backs that by simply changing the way we think can change the brain to react to situations. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Me and my husband had sex after one and half year no pain or bleeding on that day for me but after 2 days I saw bleeding I taught I got my periods but the bleeding was stopped from on that day onwards bleeding is seen not regularly little bit little bit is show now I am having 20 months baby is there any problem for me will you suggest any medicine for me.
I am diagnosed with the following complications: 1. Complex left ovarian cyst measuring - 4.2mmx3.5mm arising from left ovary with possible fluid debri level suggestive of complex cyst (hemmoragic cyst). Thick internal septations and echoes are seen 2.7mm subserosal fibroid seen from the uterine fundus 3. Minimal free liquid seen in the pelvis 4. Another small cyst measuring 2x1.4cm arising from left ovary please advice if medicine can cure as I don't want to do laparoscopy or hysterectomy. Thanks.
Hi doc, I have read about gum bleeding in pregnancy ll cause baby growth too, so please help me out I to have gum bleeding from the beginning of pregnancy. Still I didn't consult dentist apart from gynecologist. Tq.
I am 27 years old married women .while having sex I don't feel fun .when my husband touch me then also I don't feel anything what should I do to increase sex desire?
According to a study conducted by “Psychology Today”, it was found that couples who underwent a pre-marriage counselling have had more mutual understanding and lesser divorce rates. Given the staggering rate of divorce these days, it is wise to go through a pre-marriage counselling before tying the knots. Here are the top 10 benefits of a pre-marriage counselling:
- Discuss the hot topics: The biggest benefit of a pre-marriage counselling is the fact that most of the hot topics such as which religion will the children follow, what happens when the in-laws interfere in the relationship, which car to buy etc. reach an easy consent. This step will help to settle down on some of the most important events of life without having to fight, argue or divorce.
- Wisdom of the counsellor: The wisdom of a marriage counsellor goes a long way in settling some of the initial apprehensions of marriage. Having gone through the process of marriage and counselling many others, a counsellor knows where the shoe pinches and how to address them maturely.
- Set the expectation right: A pre-marriage counsellor helps to set the expectation right for both the bride and the groom. An open discussion helps a couple gauge the kind of adjustments they must do after marriage. This ensures that there are no pretensions with each other.
- Communication: Communication is by far the most important aspect of a relationship. A counselling session helps a couple understand the importance of listening to each other, discussing issues without arguing and not taking each other for granted.
- Review finance: Finance is a big matter of discussion for any couple. Be it the monthly budget, savings, spending everything is related to finance. Although uncomfortable, both the partners might discuss the financial situation at great length to avoid any unnecessary complications going forward. A pre-marriage counselling helps in doing just that.
- Discuss what matters the most: A pre-marriage counselling gives a couple the chance to discuss what matters the most to them. For instance, it can be career, freedom, space or anything. This counselling session will help the partners find out about each other’s passion.
- Discover the unknown: This session gives a unique chance to the partners to find out things that never got discussed before. Stuff like past trauma, hidden talent, untold emotions and so on are included here.
- Prevent the stumble: It has become fairly common among couples to split within months of marriage because of disagreements. A pre-marriage session can greatly help to avoid such a situation by making perspectives clear to each other.
- Lay down the rules: A marriage is the union of two lives. It is, therefore, necessary to understand the do’s and the don’ts. Understanding the liking and the disliking of each other is essential for a marriage to survive.
- Discuss the future: Above all, a pre-marriage counsellor helps couples to understand what they want. Since both of them influence each other a great deal, discussing future such as children, time needed for the family, personal goals etc. can be discussed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I am 45 tears old lady. I have perfect menstrual cycle. Also conceived last year in only once. But my husband aborted the child. I have one 12 year old son. Now I want second issue. Should I go for that?
Hello doctor. Mujhe period me back and stomach (naabhi k niche) pain hota hai. Bleeding me blood ka thakka sa bhi aata hai. Jab kabhi thakka jyada bada hota hai to pain badhne lagta hai after using washroom (urine k saath nikalne k baad) thoda relief hota hai? Kya karu is k liye?
What is Obesity and how to confirm that?
The most often asked questions in this context are- what is a normal acceptable weight, when does one get labelled as overweight and what is the definition of obesity? Another important question we often get asked is- what’s the difference between being overweight and obese?
In very simple terms, what a physician evaluates to check for obesity in a person is a simple index known as “body mass Index” or BMI. BMI can be calculated by simply dividing the person’s body weight in Kg by the square of person’s height measured in meters. BMI is measured as Kg/m2. Following are broad guidelines for detection of obesity-
1. BMI of < 18.5 indicates that the person is underweight
2. BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 indicates that the person has got normal weight
3. BMI between 25 and 29.9 indicates that the person is overweight
4. BMI of > 30 indicates obesity
How does Obesity affect fertility?
Excessive body weight in women causes multiple hormonal imbalances, which can result in irregular menstruation and reduced frequency of ovulation, thus leading to infertility. Also, the outcome of Infertility treatment in obese women is poorer than in their normal weight counterparts. Obesity also increases the chances of pregnancy related complications such as miscarriage, pregnancy induced hypertension and gestational diabetes and hence increases the requirement offers cesarean delivery. And not to forget that the labor is that much harder and prolonged for obese women.
Obese males also suffer from reduced fertility as they tend to have lower level of testosterone, which suppresses sperm production. Obesity can also case erectile dysfunction in men, which can result in reduced fertility.
What can you do?
Here are five easy weight management tips to help you realize your dream of having a child-
1. Watch your meals- take a healthy diet and avoid excess carbohydrates and fat
2. Watch your beverages- drink adequate quantity of water, avoid soft drinks as they contain empty calories and refrain from alcohol
3. Stop smoking and keep in mind that there is nothing like occasional/ moderate smoking
4. Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle- short sessions of brisk walking, swimming, jogging or skipping are good means to keep one active and healthy
5. Avoid stress and practice Yoga/ meditation or other stress buster techniques that suit you
If you want to know more or seek an expert opinion, write to us at email@example.com today!