Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajaniYour feedback matters!
Is there any test to check the mental state of child during pregnancy and if yes then what arw the tests and in which period one have to go through that.
I'm feeling strong itching in my vagina and vagina lining there is lil bit redness as well I used itch guard but it did not worked at all So please suggest me something.
I'm 18 years old I had a unprotected sex with my bf on 17 Nov and after 10 min I took ipill. And my monthly periods was over on 11 Nov but after 3rd day of ipill I had my periods again in very low amount. Plzzz reply me fast. Whether it is safe or unsafe. I'm so scared.
I am having pcod problem, planning for baby ,also gone for iui but not got the success. Currently taking mychiro and xmet 5oo twice a day and sysfol 5 mg from last few months. Should I continue these tablets.
I got married in june 2014. I can not do the intercourse continuously because I am frequently going to site. During sex my wife always take tension. My wife always penetrate my penis by using her hand. I have tested sperm count sperm count is 95 mil/ml. Now still we do not have baby. Please what we can do for giving birth to child.
Becoming a mother is a special feeling. This can be best explained by only those women who start feeling their babies inside them from the very early stage of pregnancy. These nine months, for a mother to be would need extra care and she has to take precaution of each and every type. In the first trimester or the first three months of your pregnancy detection, you need to take certain precautions. Here are some of the ways in which you can make yourself and your baby secure during the first three months of your pregnancy.
- Double check your pregnancy: There have been many cases of false pregnancies during this time. It is thus best to double check that you are really pregnant so as to avoid a heart break later on. Most home tests are accurate but if you are still unsure, you might want to wait another week after taking your first test and then take a second one. Alternately, you can also go and visit a doctor and take their advice to confirm that you really are pregnant.
- Prenatal vitamin: Once your pregnancy has been confirmed, it is time for you to start taking your prenatal vitamins. These vitamins have enough folic acid which is required by the to-be mother to conceive. These vitamins also help in the development of the baby and protect it from developing any birth defects.
- Arrange for a health insurance: Medical bills can be very costly in contemporary times. Thus, if you are pregnant then it is best to start looking for health insurance schemes which cover pregnancy and delivery cost. This procedure might take sometime to finish and thus it is best to start the process in your first trimester.
- Choose a doctor: If you already know a doctor who specialises in delivery and pregnancy then you need not worry. But in case you do not have enough information then it is time you start looking for an experienced doctor. You can consult your friends and family members and choose a doctor whom you find appropriate for you. You should also consult a doctor by the time you are two months pregnant in order to get the necessary vaccines and other advice.
- Quit bad habits: Smoking, drinking and too much of coffee would damage the development of your child. Thus, you must try and quit all of them to deliver a healthy baby.
Thus, these are the five most important precautions that you need to take in your first trimester in order to ensure a healthy delivery ahead.
She just now got pregnant as result got positive today. So place let me know what is the caution need to be take and food habit for healthy baby.
My wife is suffering from lymph node pain in her breasts from the middle of her period till her date. Her age is 35 years. She is presently using kumaryasavam, sukumaram kashayam, sathavari gulam. But still there is no much result. She is also suffering from irregular menstrual problems and harmonic imbalance. Please suggest.
Can pre-ejaculation fluid cause pregnancy? My husband ejaculated outside the vagina But I missed my periods What can be the reason? Also I wanna tell that I have a 6 and half months old baby. C section baby.
Infertility refers to the inability to conceive after having sex without protection. The biological inability of a man or a woman to contribute to conception and carry a full-term pregnancy may also be referred to as infertility. Among the various treatments for infertility, homeopathy accounts for being an effective one in both men and women.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in women
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of acid vaginal charges: Borax and Natrum Phos are considered to be the best homeopathic medicines for infertility in women because of acid vaginal charges. These medicines are used when the vaginal discharges are destructive, acrid and kills sperms. Borax is used when the discharge is like egg white, copious and warm and it helps in easy conception. Natrum Phos is used when the discharge is acrid, creamy or honey colored.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of prolonged and profuse periods: Calcarea Carb and Aletris Farionosa are used in case of too much prolonged, too profuse menstrual periods and periods which occur before time. Early mensus are experienced by patients. Anemia, leucorrhea, fatigues, tiredness and weakness may be experienced with menorragia.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men:
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with erectile dysfunction: There are several effective homeopathic medicines for this purpose. Agnus Castus is used when a man’s sexual desire and physical ability is low and the genitals stay relaxed, cold and flaccid. Caladium is best when infertility or impotency occurs due to mental depression. In this case, the genitals stay relaxed and weak erection is observed. Selenium is another efficient homeopathic medicine for erectile dysfunction in cases of slow and weak erections. Involuntary semen discharge may also be experienced.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with low sperm count: X-ray is the most effective homeopathic medicine for treating low sperm count in men. Sperm count gets increased and both the quantity and quality of sperm are enhanced.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with orchitis: Conium is an ideal homeopathic medicine for treating infertility in men with orchitis. The testicles are swollen, enlarged and become hard. Conium also helps when a patient has a history of suppressed sexual desire.
Homeopathy is the most natural treatment for fertility in men and women, with no side effects on the body. Homeopathic medicine works with following rule of the nature's law of cure and these medicines work naturally without producing any harm to the body. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before taking any homeopathic remedy for infertility.
Diwali is the celebration of lights. However, it has also become associated with noise, smoke and pollution. This can be credited to a large number of firecrackers, which are burst as part of Diwali celebrations. Pollution affects not only your skin but also your internal health and can lead to a number of health problems such as:
Smoke is a common byproduct of every firecracker. These suspended particles in the air, when inhaled, can lead to a number of respiratory problems. In some cases, this floating particulate matter may also contain heavy metal oxides and salts that can get deposited in the lungs and cause irreversible damage. Asthmatic patients often see a sudden spike in respiratory attacks around Diwali.
To deal with respiratory issues during Diwali, wear face masks to limit the inhalation of noxious fumes. Those who are suffering already from respiratory concerns should get themselves examined after Diwali to be on the safe side.
While bursting crackers, a small residue of particulate matter is often left behind on your fingers. Since bursting crackers and enjoying sweetmeats go hand in hand on Diwali, there is a high chance of ingesting these chemicals. Even washing your hands may not get rid of all the chemical traces. This can lead to indigestion and a number of other digestive problems.
Take care to wash your hands thoroughly with soap before you touch any food item. You can use a sanitizer as well for extra protection. If you experience any gastric discomfort, visit a physician without delay.
Pollution is not measured only by the levels of particulate matter in the air. Excessive noise that goes over the permissible decibel level leads to noise pollution. This can be in the form of noise emitted by firecrackers, loudspeakers etc. Noise pollution can lead to temporary deafness and damage the ear as well. It can also lead to sleeping problems, high blood pressure and permanent hearing loss.
To avoid noise-related problems, use ear plugs and keep your doors and windows closed. Heart patients should, especially get themselves checked by a doctor after Diwali or if a problem suddenly arises during festivities.
Many children and adults suffer from skin irritations and eczema during Diwali. This is largely due to pollutants in the air and chemical residue left on the skin. To keep skin problems at bay, drinks lots of water, use moisturiser, avoid fried food, cover your face with a cloth while burning crackers and wash your face afterwards thoroughly. For those already suffering from skin worries, consult your doctor for guidance.
The best way to limit your exposure to harmful chemicals and pollutants during Diwali is by celebrating an eco-friendly Diwali and saying ‘no to crackers’. Additionally, try to stay indoors in the evening when crackers are being burnt and close all the windows and doors. Wearing a mask can also help prevent the inhalation of poisonous gases. This is especially necessary for people suffering from asthma and other such respiratory illnesses. Air pollutants do not clear away immediately and are present in the air for many days after Diwali as well. Hence, try staying indoors and keep the windows of your car rolled up for the next few days after Diwali as well.
Folic acid is the synthetic form of the vitamin B9 and more commonly known as folate. For a pregnant woman, it is extremely important to consume folic acid in adequate quantities. It has the ability to prevent any birth defect, related to brain and spinal cord. It essentially protects the neural tube, which shapes into the spine and the brain. Since neural tube defects can occur in the first few weeks of pregnancy, it is essential that a woman starts consuming folic acid right before she endeavors to conceive.
What are the benefits?
Many researchers are of the view that folic acid is a key component for safeguarding the baby from certain diseases such as cleft palate, certain heart defects and cleft lip. Apart from this, folic acid mitigates the risk of pre-eclampsia in a pregnant lady. Pre-eclampsia is a disorder related to blood pressure and affects close to 5%of all pregnant women. Folic acid also helps a would-be mother from a type of anemia. It is responsible for giving birth to DNA and increasing cell growth of the baby.
Consumption amount of folic acid:
In order to save the baby from any neural defect, it is essential that a pregnant woman consumes at least 400 micrograms of folic acid on a daily basis. Since many women conceive without planning, it is therefore suggested by experts that all women entering the childbearing age should consume folic acid. Some groups such as the National Institute of Health, US suggest that folic acid consumption for a pregnant woman should be 600 micrograms per day. If you are taking any supplements, check the label to see the folic acid quantity present in it. If a woman is consuming prenatal vitamin as prescribed by a doctor, she should not consume any folic acid from outside, since it already has a folic acid content of around 800-1000 microgram. To abstain from any side effects, it is strongly advised not to consume more than 1000 micrograms of folic acid per day..
When is extra folic acid needed?
- If you are carrying twins
- If your previous pregnancy involves a neural tube defect
- If you have a genetic condition called methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase
- If you are suffering from diabetes or consuming any anti-seizure medications
What are the sources of folic acid?
- Certain grain products such as pasta, cereals, rice and bread
- Certain food supplements available in the market
- Naturally occurring vegetables such as spinach, turnip greens, avocado, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts
- Citrus food or the juice extracted from them without adding any sugar component to it
- Certain nuts and peas
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Do you love chewing gum? You love popping it and get a kick when chewing gum with friends. You think it’s a style statement and a cool thing to do. Above all, you think it’s only for fun and is harmless! Well, this article may be an eye opener for you. Here are some facts about chewing gum that can change your thinking.
- Chewing gum has been a favourite snack for millions of people, especially children and adolescents. Besides the sweetness, people like it for its flavour. Many people also use it as a replacement for a food craving. One fact that refrained many from consuming chewing gums was that it was loaded with sugar. However, with ever-growing awareness about consumption of sweetened products, the companies have now started offering sugar-free gum to health-conscious people which are made using artificial sweeteners.
- The artificial sweetener most commonly used in chewing gums is aspartame whose components metabolizes into wood alcohol and formaldehyde in the body. Both have carcinogenic properties and the body is unable to eliminate them through normal waste. These have been linked to cancers, birth defects and weight gain.
- Some tooth whitening gums contain an ingredient called Titanium Dioxide. This gives the chewing gum its glossy white color. It is a dangerous compound linked to many disorders including auto immune disorders, crohn’s disease, asthma and cancer.
- Gastrointestinal problems are quite common among chewing gum consumers. The symptoms include pain and cramps in abdomen, indigestion and diarrhea. Irritable bowel syndrome has been found to be associated with chewing gum eaters as chewing gum can lead to swallowing of excess air and changing of bowel habits.
- Dentists strongly recommend staying away from chewing gum habit, as it can be a cause of tooth decay. Chewing gum may also release mercury from Dental fillings into the system causing host of problems.
- Recent research has established a link between eating chewing gum and headache and migraines. It is believed that chewing gum puts an undue pressure on temporomandibular joint causing headaches. It can also lead to pain and lack of mobility in the jaw, causing an inability to chew meals. This is called temporomandibular joint disorder and is commonly found among chewing gum lovers.
- A chewing gum base is made from a combination of chemicals and non-edible substances. We generally chew it for flavour and throw the rest. However, the compounds do get stuck to the linings of the mouth and enter our system. A chewing gum adds no nutritive value and diminishes a person’s ability to chew and eat normally. For its far-reaching side effects, this habit is a big no to keep. Stay safe! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.