Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajaniYour feedback matters!
Irregular periods from last month. No sex from August 2017. 20 was expected date. But till no periods. And on January 2018 29 was my date. Help me please.
I am 9 weeks pregnant. I am having severe gas problem. Is rablet-D safe? If no, kindly prescribe some medicines.
Health benefits of masturbation
1. It helps you love yourself more. Knowledge of your own body can be incredibly empowering - and the more you tune into your mind and body, the happier you'll be in your relationships. Dr. Suggests that you first get a mirror and try looking at your own genitals. If you're shy, begin in a slow, nonsexual manner and work your way up as you become more comfortable.
2. It can make sex with others better. Some people think that women who use vibrators or other toys will have a hard time orgasming with someone else, but experts say that masturbation is one of the best ways to figure out what you like in bed, and subsequently, how to guide your sexual partners. Do yourself and your partner a favor by carving out some 'me' time.
3. It can boost your confidence and body image. It's like the saying goes: masturbation is sex with a person you love, right? bust out your gadgets, videos, or do it the old-fashioned way to build up your self-esteem, because, believe it or not, pleasing yourself is an easy way to improve your outlook on life.
4. It's good for your vagina. While many women already know the benefits of Kegels, some don't know that they can get similar benefits from masturbation. Orgasms help keep your pelvic floor strong and healthy, which can prevent urinary incontinence and promote your overall sexual health. Contracting your muscles can also help relieve cramps during your period.
Hello. I am pregnant of 4 weeks. By the end of 3rd week I have taken one nimesulide (100mg) tablet in combination with diclofenac. Please advise me will it cause any birth defects or side effects to my unborn.
Hello sir /mam, I dnt knw y m stomach is getting big then sum time small and even sum time it shakes plzz help me out with this prob mam bcoz I get m periods every month den why this happening with me from last 1 month.
Hello sir, I had sex and condom broke we then went and got plan B maybe 1-2 hours later I'm stressing don't know what to do we took the pill on the 11 she's ovulating today help please.
Mera masik dharm suru ho gaya hai is doran mujhe pain aur fever ho jata hai. Kabhi kabhi ye ek month se pahle suru ho jata hai. please give me solution thanks regards.
I am 34 weeks n 4 days pregnant. My placenta is grade 3 mature. Afi is 14. Just want to know is there any complications. Bp is normal too. I am 34 weeks 4 days pregnant.
It’s a general concept even in layman that for pregnancy one needs to have regular and timely menstrual periods.But in certain patients periods may not come regularly ever since menarche.Besides they may have history of weight gain,acne, excessive hairs on skin of face, may need to go for threading more often than required and may have cousins, sisters or evn mother having same issues.Such symptoms and signs point towards –
- PCOS – as the first most diagnosis
- Hormonal imbalance- FSH,LH ratio change with high LH levels
- Insulin resistance
- May have add on Thryoid/prolactin derrangements
These patients generally have high body mass Index(BMI)but some fall into category of lean with periods regular.
What all these lead to is a situation called-Chronic anovulation- a common cause of infertility.
Most of such PCOS patients have normal FSH but high LH levels.Its a multifactorial condition with life long implications
What we can do about it ?
Yes we can do major part especially if weight is more then Lifestyle modifications alone will help to keep things on track but it needs constant action in a well planned manner.So tips to keep a check on PCOS-
- Weight loss- at rate of 5-10% over a period of 5-6 months.If you have 80 kg then you should loose between 4 to max 8 kg only slowly with crash courses/diets or short cuts
- Daily brisk walking at least for 30 minutes to burn extra calories
- Moderate exercise on regular basis
- Joining a structured programme like Gym
- Take healthy balanced food(if possible with help of dietitician)
- Cut down carbohydrates like banana,rice,rice products with a check on milk and milk products and less of fats
- Keep proper hydration(3-4 LITRES of water daily)
- Avoid junk foods with empty calories
Dear readers all these need to be followed as part of life and not till you have pregnancy as PCOS has more of chronic affects also later on due to tendency to gain weight due to hormonal disturbances
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is diagnosed in
approximately 60–70%of women with such features.
How to plan pregnancy in PCOS?
Singleton live birth rates of up to 71% in 2 years can be
achieved in such patients with –
1) Induction of ovulation- it can be by clomiphene citrate as first line of treatment and Injectables gonadotropins as second-line
treatment with success rate varies from 2 to 3%
2)IUI- combined induction with IUI increases success rate from 8 -13% to 15-20%
3) IVF- not used as first-line therapy in these
patients, except for subgroups with a poor prognosis like-
- Advanced age group
- Longer duration of infertility
- Higher insulin:glucose ratio
- Failed ovulation induction
- Other indications of IVF-tubal factor,male factor,unexplained/idiopathic infertility
Outcome of IVF In PCOS-
The outcome of IVF in women with PCOS shows variable outcome as-
Response to Medicines is the main issue- erratic(resistant to hyper) which is generally unpredictable
- More oocytes obtained-with more of immature
- Less fertilization rate- both mature and immature oocytes
PCOS patients show reduced fertilization rates, presumably due to endogenous hormonal imbalance
- More chances to have poor quality eggs
- Chances of abnormal(aneuploidy)embryos is high
- Inc chances to form endometrial polyp with recurrence
- Inc chances of cancellation of cycle/use of high dose of medicines
- High chances of first trimester miscarriage
- But good part is despite reduced overall fertilization, IVF pregnancy rates in PCOS patients appeared to be comparable to normo-ovulatory women
- Also live birth rates are comparable