Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Raja Gopal Rao BYour feedback matters!
Hi I am a 34 year old man and having vertigo problem from last two three years suggest me what I do.
If I see a girl or women I do not think to do sex I want to lick her pussy ass and feet is this symptoms of gay?
I am not able to breath while climbing steps, cleaning room. I will catch cold soon, after cold clears I get some kind of congestion feeling in chest. Doctor asking for operation kindly advise me.
When I performing NAMAZ and also when I sit suddenly then my head rotating out of control. Since 2 years please help.
I have fever of 101 degree fahrenheit since last 1 week. Pls give me some suggestions so that I can recover to be prepared for my finals?
Heart diseases also called as cardiovascular diseases include a wide spectrum of conditions which affect your heart. The diseases include blood vessel diseases, heart attack, rhythm problems, and angina. Heart diseases are currently the most common cause of death worldwide.
There are a large number of risk factors which predispose you to increased risk of heart diseases. Some of those risk factors cannot be modified (non-modifiable) and are not under our control while there are others that you can modify (modifiable) to prevent heart diseases.
While you cannot do much about non-modifiable risk factors (like age and family history) you can reduce your chances of heart disease by working on the modifiable risk factors. This include:
Smokers have more than twice the risk of heart attack as compared to nonsmokers. In fact, even nonsmokers who are exposed to constant smoke (such as living with a spouse who smokes) also have an increased risk.
What you can do: Quit smoking or never start smoking at all. If you find it hard to quit on your own, consult an expert who can walk you through the entire process.
2. Obesity and physical inactivity
You are at increased risk of heart disease if your body weight is more than 20% of the ideal weight or if you are fat and obese. The most common reason for this is physical inactivity or sedentary lifestyle.
What you can do: start exercising regularly. You should exercise for 30-45 minutes for at least 5 days/week. Even leisure activities like walking or gardening can lower the risk. You can also set a pedometer goal of 10, 000 steps a day.
3. Unhealthy diet
Taking a diet rich in saturated fats, salt, and refined sugars can significantly increase the risk of heart diseases.
Things you can do: Include a lot of fruits, vegetables, nuts, whole grains in your diet. Avoid taking fried food which is rich in saturated fats.
4. High blood pressure
Hypertension or high blood pressure is one of the most common heart diseases risk factor in the western countries and adequate measures should be taken to keep it under control.
What you can do: you should keep the blood pressure under control through diet, exercise, and medications.
Diabetes itself can cause significant damage to the heart and along with other risk factors, it can have a synergistic effect.
What you can do: keep your diabetes under control by making some lifestyle changes like healthy diet, exercise, taking medicines as prescribed by your doctor and going for routine blood tests and health check-ups.
6. High cholesterol
The risk of heart disease increases as the total amount of fat or lipids in your blood increases.
What you can do: have a diet low in fat and rich in fruits and vegetables. Start exercising regularly. Get a lipid profile test done regularly to know your lipid status. Consult a doctor if the levels are too high for lipid lowering drugs.
People who take are prone to getting stressed easily and who cannot manage their stress effectively are at much higher risk.
What you can do: de-stress yourself by indulging in hobbies or activities which you like. Try yoga or meditation or join a club or class for the company.
It is not necessary that if you have these risk factors, you will definitely develop cardiovascular disease. But, the more risk factors you have, the greater is the likelihood that you might develop these diseases. Therefore, it is important that you adopt a healthy lifestyle and take appropriate preventive measures.
I am 28yers old. From few days I am facing urinal problem, suddenly my urine speed was slow. I am warred about this matter pls tell me what can I do.
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries.