Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RagjhuYour feedback matters!
Annual health check up report shows that my blood pressure is 180/120, rest all reports are under normal, except protein outflow from urine. My parents had a Heart related issues. But I could not convinced regarding reason of this higher side of blood pressure. And what should I do?
I am 40 years old frequently feeling Chest discomfort sudden pain and also stomach gas. Also suffering pain in the left hand intermittently. Would you please help me in this regard. Thanking you
I have high blood pressure 170/100, and also having pain in the right side ,below the ribs. What medicine should be taken?
The heart is a muscular organ that pumps blood to the entire body through a network of arteries and veins. This network contains big vessels which branch out further to supply blood to the distant organs. There is, therefore, some pressure that the heart and thereby the vessels need to exert to push the blood through these vessels. This is known as blood pressure, and normal pressure levels range from 90-140(systolic)/60-90(diastolic) mm of Hg. However, due to various reasons, this pressure could be more, which is one of the first signs of heart disease.
Causes of increased blood pressure:
- Thickening of the blood vessels. With age, the elastic blood vessels naturally turn rigid and less elastic, so there is more pressure required to push blood. It is natural for people over 55 years of age to have higher readings of blood pressure. This is known as primary hypertension (HTN).
- Narrowed blood vessels. This happens due to cholesterol accumulation along the walls of the blood vessels. Faulty dietary habits along with sedentary lifestyle have increased the incidence of hypertension due to this condition, known as atherosclerosis. Critical atherosclerotic narrowing of renal arteries lead to renovascular HTN that is one of the commonest of secondary HTN.
Other Causes of secondary hypertension are:
- Kidney problems
- Thyroid hormone disorders
- Congenital heart defects
- Chronic alcohol abuse
- Adrenal gland tumours
- Chronic use of medications like birth control pills, pain killers, etc.
Unidentified and uncontrolled hypertension can be silent and can lead to more severe conditions like heart attack and stroke. India is fast becoming the new hypertension capital of the world. Some of the common risk factors are:
- Family history
- Being obese or overweight
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Alcohol consumption
- Excessive salt intake
- Stress levels
- Ethnic background
- Hypertension can go undetected for years together, but if there are risk factors like diabetes and high cholesterol, it is advisable to periodically monitor blood pressure.
- Headaches, nosebleeds, and shortness of breath should not be ignored. These can be the first warning signs of hypertension, and if detected early, preventive measures can be taken.
- If there are co-morbid risk factors, it is advisable to constantly keep a check on BP readings.
This includes a combination of diet and lifestyle modifications.
- Quit smoking and alcohol: Of the many wonders quitting smoking can do, reducing BP readings is just one. The improvement would be almost instantaneous. Quit or else reduce alcohol and see dramatic improvements.
- Weight management: Through a combination of diet and exercise, ensure that weight is brought under control. Set a target BMI (Below 26 kg/m2) and work towards it religiously.
- Diet: Reduce salt, increase potassium, increase vitamin D, eat a heart-healthy diet, and see the hypertension readings improve. Please find attached and reviewed copy for health tip for posting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
Hi. Iam ranjeet singh my question is what are the major causes of uncontrolled hypertension & how it controlled. I hope you give a better opinion. Thankyou.
Not making pressure in latrine take water more and more to do it please give me advice having gas trouble in chest headache and burning in chest not able to sit let gas come to chest and hurts so much my life is like hell if there is somebody please help me.
Hi. My wife is 22nd week pregnant. She has been getting severe back ache since the start of pregnancy and even having low blood pressure. She is suffering a lot. Can you please suggest what to do?
Hi * Suffering from High Blood Pressure for last 8 to 9 years. Taking medicine for last 3 years. B. P. Remains 100. - 160 (if medicine not taken). * cholesterol is also very high. Pl. Suggest.
Can you please give which food are taken to decrease cholesterol? I am a heart patient I daily use doctor prescription but I do not decrease cholesterol. Please give me your valuable suggestions.
My mother's age 70 years. She is admit in heart hospital complaint with left hand pain and serum creatinine increase by 2.80.she is weak and sugar pressure patient. Sugar 180 and pressure 140/68. She is in ICU. Her angiography report 3 heart weasels block. Doctor said bypass. So what to do further? Operation? Cardiologist help me.
I am 42 years old been through bypass surgery 8 years back nowadays while walking after 5 minutes I start having lil pain and heaviness un my chest and I continue walking then it goes high and afted few minutes if I continue walking it decreases gradually and becomes normal. I have done my all tests done and they are normal. Kindly suggest.
Doctors please help me. My age is 28 year male since before 3 years I am suffering from depression and on medication now. And I am working in bank. Now before two days I am suffering little bit anxiety and heart palpitation little bit fear will come and so much negative thoughts are sticking in my mind after coming home also I will not be in peace something negative thoughts are going on. Please tell me how to overcome this.
If a person suffering from heart attack suddenly then what should we have to do at that instant that it would easily taken to hospital and what are the precautions at that time ?
My blood sugar point is 310. I just come to know recently. How to reverse naturally without medicine and insulin ?
Sir, The surgery of hole of the heart is successful in which largest size? Above 3cm or below? And the success range of above 3 cm. My friend is the patient of medanta-the medicine. So plss tell the percentage of successful surgery.
Heart disease or coronary artery blockade is a chronic disease, not always sudden!
Heart may warn you by giving theses signs. Read carefully.
1. Little bit of chest heaviness since few days
2. Mild pain on the left chest with or without left hand/shoulder pain.
3. Shortness of breath while walking fast or climbing stairs
4. Shortness of breath especially on night time with pain.
5. Sometimes severe pain on centre of chest, getting relieved automatically.
So go for a health check as soon as possible if you have such symptoms and can avoid heart attack.