Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. R. Vijay KumarYour feedback matters!
I am having stomach ache from last one week. Also feeling feverish and vomiting. What to do? pleasea dvise.
I am suffering form migraine and back ache and also suffering from taking breath sometime due to seasonal change and dust allergy.
I am manner, I am 24 years Old, sometimes when I do Work in front of computer for hours, my eyes pain. And also feel headache in left half head. Please suggest me precautions.
My penis gives a very foul smell. There is some white stuff that gets accumulated around the head of the penis that needs to be washed off. This usually happens if I don't wash the penis for a couple of days. Should I be worried.
Am an non vegetarian unmarried need some guidance and medicine for sexual life coz am gonna marry this year end when I masturbate I ejaculate soon so need some medicine for better sexual life in future.
Hello Docs, please can you guide me about food to avoid if one is suffering from constipation and foods to avoid during diarrhea. Thanks.
I am 16 years old and I am suffering from cough for a few couple of days, kindly suggest me what can I do.
Am suffering from stomach pain last 15 days am consult the doctor but no use please give the solution immediately.
My penis right side ball skin differ from color (pink) other are in brown color and hanging down little bit? Briefly!
I work for night shift and not able to sleep at night during my week off. Please tell me how to solve this problem also does it effect my health. Your answer would be appreciated.
I had a first case of seizure when I was 14. My Eeg reports were abnormal and so neurologist had prescribed me 3 tablets of valprol cr 200 daily. The medication continued and the doctor had reduced the consumption from 3 to 1 tablet by the time I was 18/19. With no reported case of seizure, my medication was discontinued with me having normal Eeg. In 2010, after few years of discontinuing the medication, I had a case of seizure. This had happened in the morning, after heavy drinking the previous night and few hours of sleep. The very morning before the seizure I could feel shivers and me talking abnormally before losing consciousness. I had not informed my parents and Doctors about this binge drinking and my Eeg reports were also normal. I was again prescribed the same medicines for a year. Again, last November after a long night binge drinking I had seizure. This Sunday morning, after a year of the second attack, I had seizure in the morning after a late night party. I am not a heavy and regular drinker and I never had seizure attacks when I had consumed alcohol like this. I remember sometimes I use to get small kick type sensation if I would not have got proper night sleep or the morning after a small party. In these instances it will be like for a second, something like a small panic attack but I don't lose consciousness like I do in case of seizure attacks. Should I be worried? Should quitting alcohol help me not get any such attacks? What if I get such attacks when I am driving? Will medicines solve the problem?
Heel pain is a common problem in the body where the affected person experiences pain radiating from the heel bone. Heel pain usually progresses slowly over time, it is recommended to consult a medical professional, if heel pain turns severe. The pain tends to be most severe after one has been inactive for some time such as after waking up in the morning.
Heel pain is usually caused when tissues present in the bottom of the heel (Plantar fascia) is inflammed. These tissues connect the heel bone with the bones of the feet and acts as a shock absorber. Tears form in these tissues when they are damaged or when they get thicker. These tissues are at an increased risk of wear and tear for those who are over 45 years old. The risks also tend to increase if the person is obese or whose occupation requires standing for lengthy periods of time.
Among other causes of heel pain are heel bone fractures, fat pad atrophy (a condition where a layer of fat present under the heel bone is reduced) and bursitis (inflammation of the fluid filled sacs present around the joints). Peripheral neuropathy is a condition where damage occurs in the peripheral nerves (that transmits signals between the central nervous system and the rest of the body), this can cause pain in the heel.
The symptoms of heel pain include:
- Experiencing pain while jogging or walking
- A feeling of pins pricking the heels after waking up in the morning
- Inability to put weight on the heel
- Painful swelling
- Pain in the heel accompanied by fever
Heel pain can be prevented by taking certain preventive measures such as restricting usage of high heeled shoes without proper support and stretching the heel regularly. Medications such as painkillers are used to treat symptoms of heel pain. Consult a doctor for accurate medicines !!
Hi Doctor, How are you? Hope all is well at your end. Doctor I am just 27 years old - and I feel tired very fast if I do any small work I feel tired and unable to discharge any job only I need bed to take rest. And I have low quantity of sperm. I do not have sugar, bp, and any other disease. Can you please advise me what to do.
Tulsi - a **miracle** plant
Tulsi is regarded as an 'elixir of life' and believed to promote longevity. It is considered to be an adaptogen, balancing different processes in the body. It has also been suggested to possess antifertility, anticancer, antidiabetic, antifungal, antimicrobial, hepatoprotective, cardioprotective, antiemetic, antispasmodic, analgesic, and diaphoretic actions.
1. It is considered as a tonic to retain youth and avoid aging. Vitamin c, vitamin a, phytonutrients and the essential oils in tulsi are excellent antioxidants and protect the body from nearly all the damages caused by the free radicals.
2. It is anti-carcinogenic and it found to be effective in healing nearly all types of cancer and tumors.
3. It reduces total cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Thus, it is useful for heart disease patients.
4. It is useful in the treatment of respiratory system disorders. A decoction of the leaves, with honey and ginger, is an effective remedy for bronchitis, asthma, influenza, cough and cold.
5. It can protect from radiation poisoning and also heals up damages caused by radiations. It acts as a vaccine against pox if consumed regularly.
6. It is used as a mouth wash. It is very good for maintaining dental health, counteracting bad breath and for massaging the gums. It is also useful in pyorrhea.
7. It also cures ulcer in the mouth. It is also known to help inhibit the growth of oral cancer caused by chewing tobacco etc.
8. It is an excellent antibiotic, germicidal, fungicidal and disinfectant and very efficiently protects our body from nearly all sorts of bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
9. Consumption of tulsi leaves decoction helps prevent and heal fever.
10. It has a hypoglycemic effect, so it reduces blood glucose levels. Thus, it is useful for diabetics.
11. It helps in building up stamina, hence used to prepare herbal tea.
12. Its regular consumption can protect eyes from all the damages done by the free radicals, such as cataract, macular degeneration, glaucoma, vision defects, opthalmia etc. Due to its high antioxidant properties.
13. Recent studies on tulsi proved to be a useful medication for people living with human immunodeficiency virus (hiv), and acquired immune deficiency virus (aids).
14. Tulsi, being a detoxifier and mild diuretic in nature, can help reduce uric acid level (main culprit as far as kidney stones are concerned) concentration in the blood as well as helps cleaning of the kidneys through urination.
15. Tulsi oil application on the body keeps mosquitoes and other insects away.
B. How to use-:
1. Tulsi leaves extract (swaras)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, then crush them well and squeeze the pure extract.
- dose - 2tablespoon in adults empty stomach in the morning.
- beneficial in cold, cough, fever, oral ulcer, liver disorders, indigestion, bronchitis, insect bites, cancer ((bacterial and viral infections).
- extenal application of tulsi leaves extract- in fungal infections, ringworm, insect bites.
2. Tulsi leaves decoction (kaadha)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, boil with 4cups of water. Boil this until 1cup of water remains.
- dose- drink half cup (lukewarm) in the morning on empty stomach and a half cup in the evening.
- beneficial in pyorrhea, cold, cough, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, gastric disorders, tuberculosis (bacterial and viral infections).
- a decoction of the whole plant lowers the blood sugar (glucose) level and is said to control diabetes mellitus.
- a decoction of the root of tulsi plant is given as a diaphoretic in malarial fever.
- the regular consumption of tulsi leaves extract or decoction helps prevent viral fevers, cough, cold and many other diseases.