Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Preetham KumarYour feedback matters!
My Daughter suffering from abeniotic band syndrome. What is abeniotic band syndrome? What is causes of this syndrome? How can we protect our children from this syndrome?
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.
Hi, My son is 4 years old. Suddenly since last night few blisters appeared on his back and on front left lower side of stomach. Please consult what is this disease and the treatment.
My 11 months old daughter I eat very very less. Milk now seems she is not a all interested does not allow to touch her mouth. Tried everything ragi, orange juice, carrots potatoes etc but she is not willing to eat. Please help what should I do. Her weight is 8.6 kg and she remains active whole day playing only but appetite is really poor. Kindly suggest what I can do. Thanks.
My kid has tooth decay problem for 3 teeth. Pls help me to do permanent filling r temporary filling N present he don't have any pain.
My daughter has no interest in having food. She is 6 years old. Comparing with others friends of her age or below her age are healthy but she is very thin and every often she fell sick. Please suggest and medicine for felling hungry.
Dear doctor, My baby is 24 days old now. She is premature and was born in 33 weeks. From two days she has started to spit up milk soon after feeding, twice through her nose, also she coughs in between feeding also in her sleep sometimes. Also she has bubbly thick saliva always. Is it a serious issue? The pediatrician I consulted did not give this much importance, but it looks like she is irritated when she has this thick saliva in her mouth. Is there something I can do to make her feel better. Should I hold her upright after feeding? Thank you.
My daughter, 15 yrs, is having phlegm which turned into yellow now along with dry cough prevalent in nights. She was running fever and we consulted a doc one week back and was prescribed antibiotic. The fever subsided next morning itself and we did not use the anti biotic. Now, with dry cough, one ear blocked and scanty yellow discharge from nose, should the anti biotic would be administered?
My son is 5 month old. I would like to introduce fruit juice and ragi porridge for him. Can you give me idea about the food chart that can be given for him.
Me and my 3 yrs daughter are having cold and cough from more than 2 weeks.. Tried medicines given by doctors. For both of us. Still the situation is the same started pain in ears also with sore throat. i am sure my daughter is also in uncomfortable time. Can any 1 help us both.
Giving antibiotic for any kind to 2 month old baby reduce development of immune system or effect immune system of baby. Can cough & cold get cured by its own without giving any medicine to baby.
My son is four years old and is coughing for two months aftr medicine its reduced but again gets started need some permanent cure.
My 2years & 8 month old girl child has been coughing for few days. Her weight is 11Kg. I gave her tulsi & Honey now she is better than before. Our house is beside main road so we have some dust problem. Please suggest what to try.
My daughter is 4 months and 1 week old. Still she did not get her head balance. When can I expect stiffness in her neck and back muscle?
The Association of Teachers and Lecturers warn that rising numbers of children are unable to perform simple tasks such as using building blocks because of overexposure to iPod and smart phones
Rising numbers of infants lack the motor skills needed to play with building blocks because of an “addiction” to tablet computers and smartphones, according to teachers.
Many children aged just three or four can “swipe a screen” but have little or no dexterity in their fingers after spending hours glued to iPads, it was claimed.
Members of the Association of Teachers and Lecturers also warned how some older children were unable to complete traditional pen and paper exams because their memory had been eroded by overexposure to screen-based technology.
They called on parents to crackdown on tablet computer use and even turn off wi-fi at night to address the problem.