Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Preetham KumarYour feedback matters!
My daughter age is 4 years and 9 months ab tak bolna nahin sikhi hai please advice me what can i do to solve this problem?
Im 24years old girl. I have 1 prob. Ma baby was feed only my 1 breast, 2nd one not bcoz thats nipple was very smal. What can I do for increase the size of nipple.
Hai, my baby's feeding is too painful. My gynic recommended chymomax tablets for a week. While using there was no pain but after it is common. Now I am using nipple shield. Which one is safe for my baby either chymomax tablets or nipple shield. please suggest. If chymomax through out feeding can I use that tablets? If nipple shield for how many days a nipple shield should be changed?
Hi doctors, My baby is not passing motion for past three days. He is four months old. He is taking both bf and ff. Is it normal or should I need to consult doctor.
She is having fever. 102. Inspite of giving paracetamol its not coming down. Blood report says negative for malaria and dengue.. Blood dc says high segmented nutrophil 86 lymphocytes low 11 is it some kind of infection? what antibiotic should be given? than.
My son aged 1.2 years always bite everyone. I think he enjoys it I think around 20 times an hour he bites if he wake up please suggest me what to do to stop?
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child's diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child's diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
My son is 11 years old. He is taking juice of neem leaves from the age of 4 years twice every week. It may cause any harm?
Mera beta 1 year ka hai. Uski neck par elergy si ho gayi hai. Doc ko dikhaya tha unhone kaha garmi ke daane hai. Ek powder bhi diya. Usse pehle th araam hua lekin dubara yahi problem ho gayi hai. What should I do.
The bonding between parents and baby is complicated and often takes time to gel. While some dads connect with their baby within the early days of birth, it may take a little longer for others and that s perfectly normal. Fathers often assume that the mother will naturally have a stronger bond with the baby than you will. As long as they spend more time with the baby, a bond will develop between the two of them. Certain things that you can do to strengthen the bond between your baby and your partner are as follows:
Develop a baby bond by spending time: Start early and make him talk or sing to your pregnant belly often. This establishes a strong connection before the baby is even born. This helps your newborn to recognize the tone and pattern of each of your voices, later on.
Develop skin contact: Make him hold the baby whenever possible.Stroking their back or rocking them gently in arms invokes a sense of protection and comfort in your baby's mind. This is the best way to bond. The best is when the baby ends up sleeping and resting in the arms of the father. The baby starts to feel secure and comfortable in their presence.
Tell him to help you: Ask him to help you with bathing, dressing, and changing diapers of the baby. A father's involvement in the baby's life is essential. It not just helps the mother but also makes the father an active participant.
Let him burn the mid night oil: Let him to take up the night duty. Ask him to pick up and bring the baby to you for feedings and then take the baby back for burping. This would not only enhance their bonding but also let help you relax a bit.
Let him joke around: Fathers can soothe a crying baby extremely well. Babies pacify instantly, when the parents make funny, silly faces to make them smile.
Encourage a baby's day out: Babies love fresh air, let your partner carry and take them out for a stroll around the block.
Encourage touch: Babies respond to touch. Let him give the baby a massage for 10 to 15 minutes by gently rubbing their legs, belly, arms, and neck.
Be there: Encourage him to make it part of his daily routine, to set aside time every night to play with your little baby.
Attachment is an interactive process. You don't have to be a perfect parent all of the time in order to bond with your baby. Just do your best, and don't worry!