Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Pravithya RaoYour feedback matters!
Hi My 7 year old son has fallen from stairs and get injured. On all of the above his front teeth has broken from roots. He bleed very much So his teeth has fallen un naturally and it was milk teeth so how much time he will take to get his new permanent teeth please ans And is there way to get his teeth ASAP.
Hv been suffering from jaw and ear pain while opening mouth .TMJ. Kindly suggest medications urgently.
Hi, I am a 23 years old, And I have one query. My teeth (3) damaged. I was getting pain in occasionally. So I am thinking to remove those teeth. So one of my is telling after removing teeth it will effect on my eye. Can you give me better solution on this.
I am 25 years old and I am facing a lots of dental problems like gums n cavity. I have two crowns also. In one crown I m feeling lots of pain suggest me whay to do for pain relief n protect my teeth from gums n cavity.
Hi doctor mere husband ke mouth me chaala par hai 3-4 hogye mouth paint ka use kr rahe hai. But farak nhi par raha .he used chaini khaini daily .
I am having difficulties swallowing food and water. And the end of my mouth is hurting badly. Please help
Tooth ache since one week. I had shown to a Doctor he told me I will require a root canal. Is it painful?
I have a problem of" Gums bleeding" please tell me what to do to resolve this problem. Suggest me some medicines and toothpaste to stop gums bleeding.
My front teeth broken half, but now no more such incident? Feeling normal also. Is there any reason for worries?
A generation ago, we would not see so many adolescents with braces as we do currently. Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry involved in the use of braces to align and move teeth to form that perfect arch, has seen rapid advancements in the past few decades and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
The fundamental principle is that teeth are held in place by surrounding elastic tissues, and minor constant forces can be applied to align them better. Small metal brackets are applied on the teeth and a wire is passed through them so that there is a constant force on the teeth. The amount and direction of force is managed by the doctor. The younger the age, the more elastic the tissue is, the easier it is to move teeth.
There are two main things to understand in terms of your options - relation of age with orthodontic treatment and the choices of braces.
Firstly, it has a correlation with age. Over the years, more people in their 20s and early 30s are choosing to have braces. Though the teeth and more importantly the surrounding periodontium become less elastic with age, the amount of force exerted is increased and therefore tooth movement is enabled. Also, in older patients, tooth removal may be required more frequently to make space for proper alignment.
Second is the choice of braces.
- In the earlier days, bands were placed around the teeth and a wire was then used to connect all these bands to enable tooth movement. Gradually, this made way to small brackets being placed on the front surface of the teeth, and a wire running through it and elastic bands connecting the bracket and the wire. This is the most effective way of moving teeth, though not aesthetic. To make it look different, the ligatures could be colored.
- For people who are constantly in the public eye, the metal braces were a deterrent and so lingual braces became popular. The brackets are applied on the inner surface of the teeth and are not seen easily. The amount of force here varies from the earlier one, and not all conditions can be treated by this method.
- The next development was the development of ceramic braces, which are also applied to the front surface of the teeth and can be used in most cases. These are more expensive than the metallic braces.
- Removable aligners is another option, which are trays which need to be worn for close to 18 hours a day to induce tooth movement. They are aesthetically okay and no metal shows during talking or smiling.
So, if you want to improve your smile, consult a dentist and find out how!
Sur, I am a 20 year old boy. And I am suffering Frm a habit of chewing pan masala. With tobacco. I have tried all these things like chewing gum and nicotine gum to quite. But still can't do that. It also makes my mouth and teeth bad but also I think its affecting my stomach and body. Please sur tell me what should I doo. To quite this habit. I am getting upset day by day. After every 10 to 20 minute I get a feeling to it again and again. And I want to quite it right now. Plse sur help me.
This lady has had no problems even 15 years after treatment and her teeth still look wonderful and most natural adding to her smile aesthetics, persona and beauty.
Have a good day.
Doctor, my teeth are green type pls tel me that how my teeth are wight in good smile. Answer me doctor.
You may not look forward to a dental examination, but you can't avoid it. A dental checkup every six months is crucial to your dental health and to maintain that beautiful smile. Skipping a dental checkup may save you time and a little discomfort now, but can cost you much more pain, time and money in the long run.
Here are 6 reasons to maintain a regular dental check up schedule:
- Fight Cavities: A clean up is a big part of a dental examination. No matter how well you brush and floss, there will always be spots that you miss out on. With time, plaque and tartar can build up in these spots leading to cavities if not addressed in time. The worst part about cavities is that you can feel them only once the tooth has been damaged. Thus, if you skip your dental examination, you may need a filling instead of a simple cleaning.
- Prevent gum disease: Plaque and tartar affect not only your teeth, but your gums as well leading to diseases like gingivitis and periodontitis. These are marked by shrinking of the gums that makes teeth sockets loose and eventually lead to tooth loss. Gum disease treatment can be very painful and expensive hence it is best to get plaque and tartar cleaned regularly before they begin to cause a problem.
- A brighter smile: Your daily cup of coffee or tea can stain your teeth with time. Wine and cigarettes also contribute towards making your teeth look dull. A professional dental cleaning can help remove these stains and give you a brighter smile.
- Find hidden problems: X rays are also an important part of a dental examination. An X-ray can detect problems that lie under the surface like misaligned teeth, bone decay, tumors and cysts. These problems rarely show any symptoms in their early stages and hence without an X-ray you would have to wait for it to advance to a more painful stage before seeking treatment.
- Boost overall health: Regular dental checkups can also lower your risk for heart disease and stroke. In addition to checking your mouth, a dentist will also check neck, jaw and lymph nodes during a regular check up for swelling and other abnormalities. This can help in the early detection and treatment of a number of diseases.
- Detect oral cancer: Oral cancer is easily treatable if diagnosed in its early stages. However, the only way to diagnose this correctly is by visiting the dentist. A test for oral cancer is pain free and takes hardly any time.
So, think about it. Visiting the dentist may make you a little uncomfortable but in the long run is well worth.