Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prathibha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PrathibhaYour feedback matters!
I hav problem related to mensuration. It is not regular. Usually it comes after 3 or 4 months. I m done with thyroid test insulin test hormone imbalance test. They all are normal. But could be d other reason.
I am male 24 years old. Due to certain incident in June 26 it was unprotected sex, I had done my hiv test on 40 days 60 days and 175 days from that day. All reports show negative result. Now I have facing some problems like burnings section and pain on tongue and also on some dots and redness on penis cap. Please help me out and suggest remedies. thanks.
Sir is there need to wear condom while having sex with my wife for the first time as she me bleed while having sex for the first time are there chance of getting infected? We are also planning to have child.
Dear doc. Me and my boyfriend were having a moment and we were wearing our underpants. His pre cum may have touched my underpants and I am way too worried and anxious now. I am a hypochondriac and I am afraid. Is there a possibility of getting pregnant. My period is due on 24th.
In stool, I am passing transparent white mucus with small blot of blood for last 40 days. It gets cleared and then suddenly comes back after 7-10 days. Stays for 3-4 days and then vanishes again. When mucus is not there. No blood can also been seen. No pain. Huge hunger. No vomit .colonoscopy report negative (means normal. Stool RE/OBT negative. What it could be? I had the same issue once every year in 2009/2010/2011/2016 (jan. But this time it is not healing. No tiredness. No issue in sleep. But still persisting. GI/homeopathy done -- ceboz 400 (twice 10 days )/ cadbios - (2 daily for 10 days) done. Now under homeopathy- Tub Bov- taken one dose only/Nihillinum 30 - once daily 3 gls/Nola Anti O - 15 drops daily at night. For last 7 days. But not stopping the issue in longer run. All the doctors said IBS. My concern is blood - took Carica P 2c/0 3 iv 2 gls SOS (even if it is coming in small blots - but still) How to stop it this time? Is this really IBS? I had a very hectic life for last 2 years for my baby. Erratic food habits etc. Not much of sleep etc.
My wife is facing a problem of having a white colour semi liquid getting discharged with foul smell from the genital.
Painful menstruation or menstrual cramp is termed as Dysmenorrhoea and refers to the discomfort or pain associated with menstruation. In 80% cases, cramps are an integral part of the preliminary dysmenorrhoea syndrome. Though this symptom is not deemed as a very serious clinical problem, the pain and its associated symptoms are acute enough to keep an affected woman from normal functioning for the first one or two days. These symptoms may take over one or two days prior to menses, reach their pinnacle on the first day and subside slowly with the passage of time. The pain can be typically depicted as being ached, cramping of the stomach and often reaching to the lower back portion.
There is probably no woman across the world, who has not undergone the painful menstrual cramps. But don't fret! Homeopathy treatment has a range of remedies to relieve you off this unease.
- Cimicifuga: Normally menstruation cramps indicate a pain that flows across the pelvic region from one side to the other. This remedy will particularly be helpful in neuralgic and rheumatic cases as well as congestive cases where it works effectively with Veratrum Viride and Belladonna. It is also very efficient in combating headaches preceding menses, acute pains across abdomen, labor like pains and scanty flow.
- Caulophyllum: This remedy is great for treating spasms and pain that flow downwards. The spasmodic periodic pains that need to be treated with Caulophyllum are mostly concentrated around the groin and radiate to other surrounding parts. Gelsemium can also be taken for treating neuralgic as well as congestive dysmenorrhoea when the pain bears down. The pains are often labor-like and spasmodic with flow of pale urine. In order to get faster relief, it can be taken along with hot bag press.
- Belladonna: If you are afflicted with the congestive forms of menstrual cramps, then you may take Belladonna. In most cases, a pain and discomfort is felt prior to the flow and a feeling of something heavy around the vulva can be relieved if you sit up straight. This pain occurs and subsides all of a sudden making the flow clotted and restricted. This kind of dysmenorrhoea is extremely painful and makes the genital dry. In case the pain gets severe and cuts through the pelvis, then Veratrum viride can also be administered.
- Zanthoxylum: This remedy is very effective in fighting dysmenorrhoea and uterine spasms. It is very effective when the pain is burning, agonising and extending down through the thighs making the limbs paralysed and numb. You can take this measure when the pain is affecting your ovaries as this medicine works closely for neuralgic form of menstrual cramps. Women with delicate nervous temperament can also take this remedy as it relieves from headache and eye pain caused from Menstruation.
Homeopathy has a huge range of medicines and it becomes difficult for a commoner to select an ideal one. Therefore, when you are deeply affected with menstrual cramps, you can always consult an expert before administering any medicine.
Many times we advise to patients,relatives, and friends to have a routine of daily exercise.Light moderate and severe exercise are advised according to age group,general health,heart disease,BP,Diabetes etc.
Light exercise means walking at least 30 mt for 5 days a week.This should be brisk according to capacity and person should sweat.
Moderate exercise is running ,jogging cycling,jumping ,swimming etc this should be again for 30 mt minimum and a good amount of sweating should be there.
Heavy exercise is weight lifting,running fast,jumping from good height etc.Heavy sweating is there.
Morning walk is a light exercise and the zist for everyone.It tone up your body and increase your resistance.
Make a routine of morning walk and 1 game of your liking can save you from many problems.
Simple health tip can be a very big change in future.Follow it.
Human sexuality is a fairly complicated process and differs a lot between men and women. While most men can easily achieve orgasm, for women, is a completely different story. Many studies and self-reporting done on this subject have shown that very few actually get to orgasm most of the time and many fake it for a host of reasons. Let’s look at a few of the top reasons why women may fake it.
To make a session end – A woman, while in the act, may feel bored or want the session to end quickly especially if her partner is close to or has already achieved orgasm. She would want to fake an orgasm to bring conclusion to the session and get on with other things.
To boost the ego of the partner – Women may fake orgasms to ensure that their partners don’t feel guilty or inadequate about not making them climax. Although this usually happens in long term relationships, women may even do it in short term relationships to not hurt the ego of their men.
The partner doesn’t know how to bring a woman to climax – Many men don’t know how to bring their women to orgasm and thus, will try many things. There are other men who may not even care to know about pleasing their partners. In such cases, a woman may fake an orgasm as a ritual to show that she is also enjoying the act when she is actually not.
Used as a strategy to retain their partner in long term relationships – Many married women or women in long term relationships use fake orgasms to ensure that their partners feel happy. This is done so that their partners continue to stay with them and feel that they have been satisfying them well enough.
Faking an orgasm may lead to an actual one – Although this happens to a few women, some have reportedly stated that faking one orgasm might get them to have a real one. Some women also report being turned on by faking an orgasm.
She is afraid she will be judged – Many women feel insecure that if they are unable to orgasm with their respective partners, they might be judged as inadequate or incomplete. Thus, they would fake orgasms to bring finality to cover their own insecurities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Bell’s palsy is a neurological condition that results in a temporary paralysis of the facial muscles. This paralysis or muscle weakness occurs when the cranial nerve responsible for controlling the facial muscles become compressed, swollen or inflamed. When this happens one side of the face may become stiff or can droop. You may experience trouble laughing, smiling or closing the eye located on the side of the face that has become affected.
Most often the condition of Bell’s palsy is temporary that will go away in a few days to a few weeks time. People between the age group of 16 and 60 years are at a risk of developing Bell’s palsy. The exact reasons why the cranial nerve becomes inflamed is not known but medical experts widely believe that it is because of viral infections.
Viruses that are sometimes instrumental behind causing Bell’s palsy are:
Symptoms of Bell’s palsy can start to show up in a week or two’s time after you have developed an ear, eye or cold infection. The symptoms can occur all of a sudden and you will see them occurring usually in the morning. Generally, Bell’s palsy affects only one side of the face but it can also affect both sides. Aside from the stiffness of the facial muscles other symptoms of Bell’s palsy are:
- Trouble with either drinking or eating.
- Trouble with facial expressions
- Sudden twitching movements.
- Extreme sensitive to sound
- Eye irritation on the side(s) involved.
- Dryness of the eyes and mouth.
A Bell’s palsy condition can become risky if the person suffering from it is pregnant, has diabetes, has a pre-existing lung infection and also has a family medical history of this condition.
Most often a Bell’s palsy condition will improve on its own without requiring any treatment in a few days to few weeks time. But it can take many weeks for the facial muscles to recover their previous strength for muscle functioning.
The kinds of medications that can aid in speeding up the recovery process are:
- Corticosteroids that help to lower the swelling and or the inflammation.
- Antibacterials or antivirals to tackle the virus or the bacteria that may have been the reason behind your Bell’s palsy case.
- Certain over-the-counter drugs that can help in providing temporary relief.
- Some eye drops to deal with the eye dryness.
Some home remedies that can also be duly adopted are:
- Using a towel soaked in warm water to put on your face and get temporary relief from the pain.
- A facial massage.
- An eye patch.
- Therapy for stimulating the facial muscles.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!