Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. PranatiYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. I got job in railway as loco pilot in which A-1 grade eyesight is required. Last year I have checked my eyesight and it's 6/6.but I was working in a private company since one year in day and night shifts. Sometimes worked 24 hrs continuously which sometimes strained me. Now I had a eye test in next month from railway. I was afraid of the test. If the eyesight is not 6/6 they will reject me. So how can I improve my eyesight to 6/6? What should I eat regularly? What I should not eat and avoid? Is there is any tablets to improve eyesight? Pls help me.
Hoe can I keep my eyes healthy and prevent my power from further falling? I use glasses. And also I spend a lot of time on mobile and laptop so give your advise considering this. Thank you. Hoping to receive a reply soon.
Carrots improve eyesight and deficiency of vitamin A can cause some difficulty seeing in dim light. Since carrots are rich in vitamin a, they are good for improving eyesight and preventing conditions like night blindness from developing as we age.
I am getting one sided headache (right side) what might be the reasons and please suggest me remedies. Even the eye right side is paining.
I have red eye on my right from past one month. I don't have any problem it's just don't look good. What should I do.
I m having continuous headache and facing difficulties while watching something. I think it is due to my eye problem but I m not sure because when I expose to cold only then problem occur so plzz suggest me is it due to my eyes or cold.
I have red eyes over 3 days including body pain and what should I do to avoid farts unnecessary because I have a healthy diet I don't understand why does it happens so.
I have left eye heaviness and ear pain sometimesfrom past two weeks, it was also last year but gone completely. Now started again. I do not have any other medical history I am wearing specs and have farsight vision problem but my specs no of both eyes is same since 2014. No headaches, no eye pain at all. I have noticed one thing, that when I pull my nose down or eyebrow up I fell relaxed And I also suffer from constipation sometimes but eye heaviness is started again this year I am very worried because of this. I have lot of stress and tension due to this problem. I google this but found no help. Note ear pain is not regular it happens for a short duration but eye heaviness is for long duration. When I wake up in morning I feel no heaviness or can say less heaviness. Everything is in left side. Help me please Suggest me something plz.
I wear spectacles of power 1.25 D (Left eye) & 1.75 D (right eye) & I feel as if it's increasing continuously. Can I have my normal vision back by any means. Yoga, laser or any method?
I am 50 years female, yesterday night I slept when I woke up next morning I saw too much swelling on eyes. I want to know the reason of swelling. What should I do. Please tell me the medicines to get rid of this problem because I am working women. I couldn't open my eyes due to swelling.
Sir or mam please help me. One of My best friend has lost her vision a week ago. Due to swelling in retina. Doctor said it is curable. I am very much worried about her. Please tell me what should we do. Will she be able to see as before.
I have allergy of type runny nose, watery eyes and continuous squeezing from two years. When I take medicine, I feel normal but after that, again same process starts. Is there possible permanent solution for it.
Im 28years male and I have headache for2months and also my eyes are also little bit pain what can I do for this.
Eye twitching, tics in the eyelids and spasms in the eye are pretty common. In case of eye twitching, usually the lower eyelid becomes involved. The upper eyelid may also twitch in certain cases. Twitches are not permanent in nature, and they leave after some time. In some cases, eye twitching may last for long durations of time such as weeks or months.
Eye twitching is not a critical medical condition. It is a temporary prickling and irritation in the eyes, which ceases after some time. Common twitching of the eyes is not related to any neurological disorder.
Here are some reasons which cause eye twitches:
- Stress: Every individual goes through some amount of stress, and the body reacts differently in different people as a result of stress. An eye twitch may be caused due to stress, especially related to strain in the eyes. In order to reduce stress you should practice yoga, meditation, perform breathing exercises and take a break. Reducing the stress would also cease the twitching in the eyes.
- Tiredness: Eye twitching can appear when you are fatigued or very tired. Lack of proper sleep makes your body tired, and this might trigger eye twitching.
- You should improve upon your sleeping hours and sleep more.
- Eye strain: Vision problems and any issue related to the eyes can cause stress, which may result in constant twitching in your eyes. Whenever too much stress is imposed upon your eyes, they tend to react and twitching occurs. Any problem would make the eyes put in more effort, which results in strain. You should have an eye check up if you experience an eye strain accompanied by twitching sensation in your eyes. People who use computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones for a profuse period of time experience pain and twitching in the eyes. There is a 20-20-20 rule to be followed while using such devices, which reduces eye strain and reduces itching or twitching. You can also avail special eyeglasses for people who spend a lot of time on computers.
- Caffeine: Intake of an excess amount of caffeine leads to eye twitching. Cut down your doses of coffee, tea, dark chocolates and soft drinks in case of eye twitching and you may observe an easing in the twitching.
- Alcohol: Alcohol also leads to eye twitching so you must abstain from alcohol in case you are having twitching in the eyes.
- Dry eyes: This disorder develops in people who have crossed the age of 50. People who use computers a lot also develop dry eyes, which leads to eye twitching.
Our eyes twitch because of a lot of reasons. You should know the facts right and avoid situations that lead to eye twitching.
I wear spectacles because of them my eyes now look very small and dark. any help that can help them to look normal?
My right eye sight is 9. And left eye is so week even if 25 number sight glass is used I was unable to see objects clear with my left eye. Is it possible that my eye sight brought to 0. please give me tips to decrease my eye sight.
Most types of eye sight problems, such as short sight (minus power) or long sight (plus power) can be corrected by these procedures.
The benefits are clear:
• First of all, It works! It corrects vision. Around 96% of patients will have their desired vision after LASIK. An enhancement, if at all needed, can further increase this number.
• LASIK is associated with very little pain due to the numbing drops that are used. The discomfort experienced hardly lasts few seconds.
• Vision is corrected nearly immediately or by the next day after LASIK.
• No bandages or stitches are required after LASIK.
• Adjustments can be made years after LASIK to further correct vision if vision changes while you age.
• After having LASIK, most patients have a dramatic reduction in eyeglass or contact lens dependence and many patients no longer need them at all.
The actual procedure:
Basically, Lasik or Laser Vision Correction can be done in different ways. The most commonly done procedure needs a thin flap to be taken from the cornea ( the curved glass like structure which makes the front of our eyes ). This flap making can be done by an automated, very thin, rotating blade (microkeratome) or by a very advanced Laser, called Femtosecond. The femtosecond laser option is the best, but also the most expensive, may not be suitable for all eyes. After creating the flap, the next most important part is the application of excimer laser, which is a must for all Laser Vision Correction procedures.
There are few side effects or complications, but most of them can be prevented by careful preoperative planning or can be overcome by treatment or eye drops after the procedure.