Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhu RajuYour feedback matters!
Remedies for headache
Headache, also known as cephalalgia, refers to any pain or discomfort in and around the head and neck. It occurs in migraines, tension-type headaches, and cluster headaches.
Chronic headache could be indicative of an underlying ailment the other causes of headache include:
-lack of sleep
1. Natural home remedy using green tea and lemon
1. Take 1 cup warm water
2. Add a green tea bag
3. Squeeze half a lemon
4. Mix well
5. Drink for instant relief
2. Natural home remedy using lemon rind
1. Separate the rind (outer covering) of 2-3 lemons
2. Chop and crush the lemon rind to make a paste
3. Apply on the forehead for quick relief
3. Natural home remedy using cinnamon powder
1. Take 2 tbsp of cinnamon powder
2. Add water to make paste
3. Mix well
4. Apply on the temple and forehead for relief
4. Natural home remedy using watermelon and sugar
1. Take 1 glass of watermelon juice
2. Mix 1 tsp sugar in it
3. This relieves headaches caused by heat
For chronic headaches:
-drink water mixed with honey every morning
-drink this on an empty stomach
I am having itching in abdomen for last 15 days. And it is spreading to other parts like leg and hand.
Before 1 week my finger stuck in window then in nails blood not come but stuck in nails that is still not gone what to do for this .
I am suffering from constipation, I am taking colvac alternate days, but it is not getting cured. Can you suggest how to cure it faster?
I am 41 year old male. Suffering from constipation from last 20 years. Applied so many alopath and homeopathic courses. No relief. Have to go 3 to 4 times daily in the morning to get cleared.
I am 58 years of age. In Jan 15 I had pain in chest. I checked up, doctor told blood not reach to heart. I feel tire out on some walk. Please advise which food or fruit will help to grow and reach heart. The medicine which I take for that feel uneasy my stomach. Thanks for advise.
Gluten free, super foods are lining the shelves of supermarkets and taking over our lives as we endeavour to become more responsible about what we eat the impact on our body. One such food includes the nutrient and mineral rich Quinoa, a grain that originated in South America, and is now available worldwide. Here are the ten health benefits of Quinoa, as proven and backed by scientific research.
- Nutrient heavy: Quinoa is a nutrient rich, whole grain, non-glutinous super food with plenty of fibre as well as magnesium, Vitamin B, calcium, potassium, phosphorous, copper, iron, zinc and various important antioxidants that can flush out toxins easily and effectively from the system.
- Plant compounds: This grain also contains plant compounds like quercetin and kaempferol which have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties as well as anti-viral qualities.
- High fibre content: The high fibre content of this grain helps in reduction of high cholesterol, high blood pressure and other such issues even as it aids weight loss in the long run.
- Gluten free: This grain is perfect for people who are suffering from gluten intolerance. It also offers refined starch without adding on the gluten value that most grains have.
- Essential proteins: The amino acids content in this grain makes it a healthy high protein ingredient. The protein content here is “complete” due to the high amino acid formulation.
- Blood sugar control: Quinoa will also help in controlling the blood sugar level and is especially beneficial for patients of diabetes because it has a low glycemic index which does not stimulate hunger and obesity very easily.
- Oxalates and other minerals: With its high oxalate content, Quinoa reduces the excess calcium absorption which can prevent recurring stones in the kidney. It is also rich in the four essential minerals including magnesium, potassium, zinc and iron. Zinc, especially has a lot of benefits for women.
- Metabolic rate: The metabolic rate gets a definite push thanks to the health benefits of Quinoa. This grain can be added to a high fructose diet to negate the otherwise harmful effects of fructose.
- Anti oxidants: Quinoa has been proven to contain more anti-oxidants than all the five most popular grains and cereals which help in fighting various diseases and signs of aging. Letting these grain sprout makes them even healthier.
- Weight loss: If you are looking for a weight loss partner, then look no further. Quinoa can hasten the metabolism rate thanks to its high fibre content which also ensures that you end up feeling full early on with smaller portions.
So turn to Quinoa as your staple grain today for the best health results! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I get urgent urge to go for stool when ever I get nervous or excited. This mostly happens when I go out. I have to go 2-3 times to washroom to feel normal. Then again if there is a traffic jam then also I get urge to go for stool which is uncontrollable. Because of this I am not able to travel and even enjoy my normal life. I cant walk far from my home. I search for washroom where ever I am. When I am at home. Or a place where washroom is easily accessible I feel normal. No urge no nervousness. No sweating. No thoughts of what if I need a washroom what would I do.
The thought of waking up fresh in the morning after a good night’s sleep itself is refreshing. However, many are deprived of this simple pleasure of life, one of the main cause behind it is snoring. Whether you are snoring or have a person next to you snoring, the result is a disturbed sleep, which leaves you feeling tired and not-very-rested.
Snoring is caused by multiple reasons including stress, obesity, smoking, sinus problems, circulatory problems, poor diet, large tongue or tonsils and with age. This leaves the person sleep deprived, including a feeling of drowsiness, sore throat, increased risk of heart diseases, reduced libido and decreased concentration.
While there are surgical corrections that can get rid of snoring, yoga has some simple, effective pranayamas and asanas that have been proven to be effective since times immemorial. They improve lung capacity, help in weight management, keep the air passages open and also help in stress management. Try the following asanas and pranayamas to see snoring disappear.
Pranayama: This improves the strength of the facial and throat muscles. Bhramari or Humming Pranayama and Ujjayi pranayama are specifically useful in snoring patients. In Bhramari Pranayama, the lips are closed and the soft palate vibrations are entirely due to nasal airflow. Practised mouth snoring over a period of time where the soft palate is lifted towards the pharynx produces a buzzing bee sound. Both breathing in and out happens through the nostrils producing this sound, although slightly different during inhalation and exhalation. Ujjayi Pranayama is where a hissing breathing sound is produced due to the nasal snoring instead of the mouth snoring in the Bhramari exercise.
Breathing and Chanting the Om Mantra: Sit on the floor in a relaxed position with eyes closed and take few deep breaths. Begin to chant the word OM repeatedly for a few minutes. Break the word into two parts, the first part of OOOO should come from deep within followed by the lighter MMMM. This helps meditate, relax, and reduce snoring. Try to do this breathing and chanting at least ten to twelve times, and more if possible, on a daily basis.
Another effective measure is the Simha Garjasana or Roaring Lion Pose where you kneel down on the mat, lean back so that the hips are resting on the heels. The palms are faced in the space between the knees with fingers spread apart. Tilt your head back while taking deep breaths. This improves the airway and reduces the snoring.
Kapalbhati, Bhujangasana Dhanurasana, Warrior Pose and Surya Namaskar are also other effective asanas. When done regularly over a period of time, it helps in getting rid of snoring. This in turn makes you feel fresh in the morning; ready to take on the day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.