Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhakar SYour feedback matters!
My mother is suffering from diabetes. How to manage our life style for daily life and tell about how to manage food habits to set?
My father is having diabetic foot problem. I'm treating him since more than a year, the part of portion which was actually damaged is not getting totally recovered. Olny 30 -40 % of portion is good. Can any one help me out.
I am 26 year old man. I am having pain in frenulum during sex even some time it bleeds. So is it any disorder please guide me what to do ?
I am 58 years. Type 2 diabetic. RCA STENT 4 YRS AGO. OBESE. LDL OK. TRIGLYCERIDES 200, ON MUCH HIGHER SIDE. HOW TO CONTROL. MY DIET IS VERY SIMPLE (NO OILY OR FRIED ITEMS ).MOSTLY 2 FULKAS, LIGHT CURRY, DAL AND YOGHURT. VEGETABLES AND FRUITS. PLEASE ADVISE REGARDING TRIGLYCERIDES.
I am 20 year old male. From past three months I am experiencing a sweaty hands. It would be great if you can suggest me some advice to deal with it. It's not that much often.
Since last 3-4 years I am suffering from sleep apnea and snoring. What is the remedy available in Ayurved.
Can you please tell me how to stop masturbation any tablet there please help me any hemo/allopathy tablets since 7 years im doing I want to stop this right now its disturbing my health, studies etc I can not focus please help me.
Hello My self Ayyub Shaikh and I want to know the symptoms of swine flue can you please say something about it.
Hi I am 30yrs At times my I feel so hot & my whole body itches a lot suddenly & becomes red. But after some time it comes back to normal. What should I do? Please help.
Sir I am suffering from liver problem and three times jaundice happen to me but when I did ultrasound and liver test nothing came in it just my bilirubin was high doctor say it in not jaundice then please tell me what is it.Please tell.
Dear Doctor . Meri wife ke private part me jaln ho rhi h . Me doted condom use kiya tha .shayd usi se ho the h so please give me suggestions Thanx.
Patients with diabetes are likely to suffer from nerve damage. This condition is known as diabetic neuropathy. An increase in the blood-sugar level can damage nerve fibres, especially in the legs and feet. Diabetic neuropathy is a common complication for people suffering from diabetes.
Types of neuropathy
- Peripheral neuropathy: This is the most frequently occurring form of diabetic neuropathy. It can affect the legs, feet, hands and arms of a person. Some of the common symptoms include numbness in the leg or arm, cramps, reduced reflexes and muscle weakness. This is accompanied by other problems such as joint pain, ulcers, and deformities.
- Autonomic neuropathy: This part of the nervous system controls the intestines, heart, stomach, lungs, eyes and sex organs. Diabetes can wreak havoc in these vital organs. Some of the common symptoms include bladder problems, vomiting, nausea, erectile malfunction, fluctuation in body temperature, decreased or increased sweating, and irregular heart rate.
- Radiculoplexus neuropathy: This form of neuropathy affects the nerves in areas such as the thighs, legs, buttocks, etc. This condition is mostly witnessed in people suffering from type 2 diabetes. The symptoms are often observed on one side of the body, which includes abdominal swelling, pain in the thigh, hip and buttock, weight loss, difficulty in getting up from a particular position.
- Mononeuropathy: This form of neuropathy attacks a particular nerve and is mostly found in older adults. It doesn’t have any long-term implications. Some of the symptoms include paralysis of the face, pain in the chest, difficulty in focusing the eye, and pain in the foot.
Risk factors of diabetic neuropathy
- Being overweight: An increase in body weight increases the chances of diabetic neuropathy. A body mass index (BMI) of greater than 24 is considered to be alarming for a patient suffering with diabetes.
- Smoking: Smoking narrows the arteries, thereby reducing the flow of blood to the feet and the legs. This increases the chance of diabetic neuropathy.
- Kidney disease: Diabetes can cause great damage to the kidneys, which increases the level of toxins in the body. This situation can aggravate to diabetic neuropathy.
- Poor control of blood-sugar levels: A poor control of blood-sugar levels is the biggest risk factor of diabetic neuropathy. Keeping the blood-sugar level under control helps the nerves to maintain a healthy condition.
Common complications of diabetic neuropathy
- Digestive problems: Nerve damage can lead to diseases such as diarrhoea, bloating, nausea, vomiting and a loss of appetite. It can also result in a disease called gastroparesis; this is a disease which doesn’t let the stomach empty at its usual rate.
- Limb loss: Gradual nerve damage can affect the limbs of the body. Diabetic neuropathy slowly damages the soft tissues and the skin, which eventually results in the loss of a limb. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist..