Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PadmajaYour feedback matters!
I am 20 and half years old F. I wanted to ask how safe is it to use emergency contraceptives like i-pill. Is it safe if taken at 4 month intervals? On scale of 1 to 10, how harmful can it be if taken in 4 month interval in average case?
I have a problem of sleep I am not able to sleep whole night I try to sleep but didn't fell asleep what should I do what kind of problem I have.
Me and my girlfriend had dry humping on 11 dec and after that within 8 hrs I gave her unwanted 72 pill. Her periods date is 16 but still not came. We did pregnancy test but it is negative. She is daily doing exercise but no effect .what should we do so that her periods start in one or two days? please suggest us some thing we are worried very much plz.
Dhatt mean safed pani bahut jayada aata hai or period mei bahut jayada dard hota hai sath kamar dard bhi hota hai jiske lia harbar pain killar khana padta hai ye purani long time se ho raha hai.
Me and my girlfriend had sex on july 31st 2016 without safety however I did not ejaculated sperms inside (her periods date was also on the same day only but they didn't came on that day) and on the very next day she got her periods normally. After that she got her periods normally for next 2 months I.e. Aug 31 nd sep 31st but for the month Oct 31st" 16 she still (Nov 7th 2016) didn't had her periods. So is there any chance that will she conceive after her normal periods continuously for 3 times after we met?
My wife is 46yrs old. She is suffering with Adenomyosis for which extra bleeding occurs during the period. Is there any home or any pathy treatment without operation?
Hi please let me know "POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN DISEASE" as we had been to doctor and got report which says the above mention word.
Hi I am 27 weeks pregnant, I have pain in my back I know its normal during pregnancy. I just want to know if pain relief spray (volini) is fine to use during pregnancy. Or Is there any harm to my baby for this?
My wife age 28 having sulpitac 100 mg tablet for depression. She it taking it for last 6 months. When we check the prolactin levels as suggested by gynecology doctor it more than 200. She suggested to take MRI. Should we go for MRI or check the prolactin levels after stopping the medicine. Now her menses was not occurring still 2 months. Do prolactin levels reach above 200 due to sulpitac 100 mg. Kindly clarify.
I am 42 years old female and trying to conceive for second child but my periods are irregular from past one year and I have to take medicine every month for getting regular every month. So it is possible that my periods can be regular and come every month on time.
In vitro fertilisation, commonly known as IVF, is the process of fertilising single or multiple eggs outside the body. This treatment can be performed by either using your own egg and sperm or using donated egg or sperm or sometimes both. The resulting sperms and eggs are evaluated for quality and then one or more of them are positioned properly in the uterus through the cervix. IVF is regarded as one of the most commonly opted treatment plans, and it accounts for more than 99% of assisted reproductive technology processes.
Who are suitable for IVF?
IVF can be helpful for you in case you have some issues with the egg quality or ovulation, fallopian tubes that are blocked in some way or endometriosis. It can also help you to get pregnant if your partner has problems with mortality and sperm count and when you have opted for donor eggs. About 1.5% of babies in the United States are conceived through the IVF process.
How does IVF work?
There are several steps through which IVF process works and the timeline follows the following steps:
- Stimulation for ovary: You will have to take a special kind of fertility drug for 8 to 14 days near the start of your menstruation cycle. This drug aids in the stimulation of your ovaries for developing multiple mature eggs to fertilise instead of a single one. You may also need to take an artificial hormone-like cetrofelix and leuprolide for keeping your body from releasing eggs very early.
- Development of follicle: When you are under all these medications, you will have to visit your doctor’s office often for checking the hormone levels as well as ultrasound measurements for the ovaries.
- Getting the trigger shot: Once the follicles are ready, you are likely to receive a trigger shot, which is an injection causing the eggs for maturing fully and becoming capable of being fertilised. Your eggs are ready for being retrieved after about 36 hours of receiving this shot.
- Gathering the eggs: At this stage, you are likely to receive an aesthetic or ultrasound probe that is inserted through the vagina for checking the ovaries and identifying the follicles. Normally, about 8 to 15 eggs are retrieved through the insertion of a thin needle.
- Fertlisation: This is the most vital step, where an embryologist is going to examine the eggs before they are combined with the sperm and incubated overnight. Fertilisation happens at this particular time, but abnormal eggs are not fertilised.
Then the embryos slowly develop and are planted on the basis of your age and clinical condition. When the treatment is working, an embryo is implanted in the uterine walls and starts developing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.