Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P.Shiva Shankar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P.Shiva ShankarYour feedback matters!
I often have head ache and nausea and do not feel like eating anything. What could the probable diagnosis be?
When it comes to penis problems, men are usually very quick to tell if something is amiss. But when it comes to semen, the question of what's a problem and what isn't can leave them in a quandary. That's because even with no changes in routine or penis care regimen, semen can change. It might look thin and white one day, then thick and gray the next. So what indicates penis problems and what is just the normal way semen should look?
Here are some pointers about semen to help a man understand whether there's a problem or not.
1) The color. Semen can be many different colors, all within a range of white or yellow or grey. In most cases, semen is a creamy or pearly white, trending to a greyish color. For some men, however, it might have a tinge of yellow. And for others, it might even have little color at all, and look more like water than anything else.
2) The consistency. Some guys will notice semen that is very watery, with little consistency beyond that. Others will notice something at the other end of the spectrum - thick, almost like jelly, even with thicker globules within the stream. Either of these is perfectly fine. In fact, a guy might have one consistency with one ejaculation, and then another consistency with the next.
3) The range. Though some men are really curious about how far their semen will travel when they ejaculate, how far it actually goes varies widely. Some men notice a little spurt and a dribble, but nothing more. Others feel as though it has the power of a fire hose, and that they could hit the ceiling if they tried hard enough. It's a wide range, but as with consistency, anything within that range is normal.
4) The volume. Again, this will vary. For most men, however, they can expect to produce up to one teaspoon, or five milliliters, with every ejaculation. It varies depending upon whether a man has recently gotten off (which might result in less) or has gone through a dry spell (which might result in much more).
When semen issues might mean penis problems
So when should a man worry about the quality of his semen? Though there is obviously a wide range of normal, there are some points to keep in mind.
- If a man notices red, brown or pink semen, that might indicate the presence of blood. Though this might happen from time to time and mean very little, if it happens more than once, a guy should get it checked out to ensure nothing serious is going on.
- Another thing to watch for is volume. If a man is consistently producing very little semen - or none at all - then he needs to mention it to his doctor. This could indicate a variety of issues, many of which have an easy fix. But the only way to know for sure is to get the expert opinion.
- Finally, any pain with ejaculation is always something to worry about. Again, occasionally this happens and means very little; but if it happens more than once, it might indicate something is amiss.
- No matter what a man's semen is like, he can take steps to avoid any penis problems with the use of a high-quality penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). A guy should look for a crème that includes all he needs for healthy skin, such a vitamins A and D, a healthy dose of L-carnitine and L-arginine, Shea butter and of course, vitamin E. These vitamins can help improve the look of the penis, and can make a man feel much better about the overall health of his package.
I had lost job having two kids line 3 year old other 4 year old and wife we stay at rented apartment I am having hyperanxity and fearisum previously I use to take Trika 1 mg but now even that is not working out even if I get job this anxiety and dear make me to leave this job.
From past 4 days I have pain between chest and stomach also. Desendary also. Treatment also taken but no result. What should i do?
How many time should I masturbate in a month so that I do not suffer from prostate cancer or any other disease?
When I am masturbating, it takes less or about 1 min if I am nt resting for a while? Who to increase this time so that in future I can stay longer in bed?
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic inflammation of ulcers or open sores, in the innermost layer of the large intestine. It is a form of inflammatory bowel disease. Even though there is no absolute cause of ulcerative colitis, there are some possible factors such as genetics, infections and stress. It mostly seems to be hereditary in the sense that of the 10-30% people that have ulcerative colitis, most of them have one close family member with the same condition.
The main symptoms of ulcerative colitis are the following:
- Diarrhoea with blood and mucus
- Abdominal pain can range from mild discomfort to painful cramping
- Weight loss
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis: Even though conventional treatment such as corticosteroids and aminosalicylates are used to reduce inflammation, homeopathic treatment can help stop the bleeding and diarrhoea. A long-term remission is possible, and future attacks can be prevented by homeopathy.
Some of the common homeopathic ulcerative colitis remedies are:
- Argentum nitricum: This is used to relieve diarrhoea with mucus and blood, excessive gas; it is also used to treat anxiety that may arise from diarrhoea.
- Arsenicum album: This is used if the stool is foul smelling and frequent, especially at night, and there is a burning pain in the abdomen; fear of disease and death along with sudden chills is also treated by Arsenicum album.
- Mercurius Corrosivus: This is used to treat haemorrhagic and ulcerative lesions, severely painful defecation and painful foul smelling diarrhoea with blood; it might be taken if the pain remains even after defecation.
- Nitricum acidum: This is used if there is diarrhoea with mucus and blood and stinging pains; it is also taken if there are chills coupled with irritable anxiety.
- Phosphorus: It is used to treat bloody and painless diarrhoea; it is also used to treat emotional oversensitivity to the feelings of others.
One of the primary reasons a man should be concerned about good penis health is that he wants his equipment to make a good impression when it is unveiled for the gaze (and appreciation) of a partner, especially a new one. When a man has a healthy penis, it presents a more imposing and impressive picture, pleasing the partner and giving the possessor of that penis extra confidence and pride. But when a swath of penis bumps are present, it can negatively impact that first impression. This is especially the case when the penis bumps are due to hives, which can be present in such quantity as to be impossible to miss - and impossible for a partner to wonder about what those hives say about a man's sexual health.
Learning about hives
Most people have heard of hives, but not everyone knows exactly what they are. Basically, hives are a dermatological issue. They are red welts that appear on the skin, typically in groups. They can vary in size from a pinpoint to several inches across. When they appear in groups, they often overlap so that it may seem as if they are forming one big welt.
Medically termed "urticarial," hives typically go away within about 24 hours - but they can often occur in waves, so that as some are going away, new ones are developing to take their place. Hopefully, a case of hives will be acute, meaning that it lasts less than six weeks (often much, much less). If it lasts longer than six weeks, it is considered chronic.
Hives themselves are not typically dangerous, despite their very unattractive and sometimes alarming appearance. However, if they occur underneath the skin (rather than just on the surface), they become angiodemas, and they can be of greater concern. Also, hives are sometimes associated with other conditions of significant concern: when they appear on or near the penis, they sometimes indicate the presence of other issues, such as scabies or an STI. And if hives appear anywhere on the body and are accompanied by difficulty breathing or swallowing, medical attention is required.
What causes hives, either in the form of penis bumps or elsewhere on the body? Most often they are an allergic reaction of some sort, although narrowing down and identifying the specific "trigger" that causes the reaction can be challenging. However, latex is sometimes the cause of an allergic reaction which presents via hives - so if a man comes down with hives soon after using a latex condom, he may wish to see if that could be the cause of the problem.
Other common causes of hives are dietary related (especially certain fruits), as well as insect bites, pollen, pets, and some chemicals and medicines.
Acute hives often resolve with no treatment. Antihistamines are frequently used to help resolve the itching that accompanies hives. Corticosteroids and antibiotics are also often prescribed as well.
Treating the itchiness of penis bumps caused by hives may require extra help. Regular application of a top drawer penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) may be helpful in this area. Itching often causes dryness and flaking, so remoisturizing the delicate penis skin can be a boon. Choose a crème that contains both a high-end emollient (such as Shea butter) and a potent hydrator (such as vitamin E). It also helps if the crème contains vitamin C, which is a key component in collagen production and helps restore tone and elasticity to damaged penis skin. Revitalizing penis skin which has been affected by a bad case of hives will help bring back its former healthy appearance.