Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. P. RavinderYour feedback matters!
I have not sleep for 2 days and now my head is paining too much and my eyes have become totally red.
Hi I am 20 years old in winter my eyes and head is pain very hardly what was the matter? Please guide me.
When I read for 30 min then water comes out from my eye, but my eyesight is normal. Suggest me some do and don't.
How to get rid off from specs Recently diagnosed eye test Left eye -0.25 Right eye -0.50 If I regularly wear specs can it be cured within 2-3 month How much time it will take to cure?
I am 31 years Old Male. I have Red Eye from last 3 Years. I have used Many Eye drops from advice Eye Specialist. What Should I do?
How to improve our eyes without lasik or any other operation. Please tell me the way to get rid of specs.
I want to solve my eey problem please help me much watter flow form my eye I am in trouble old help me Paz as soon as possible Paz help me.
I am 23 years old. I am qualify for cabin crew. But suddenly I found that -(. 50) power in my eyes. I consult with an eye specialist. He suggest me to use spect. If I use glass is it possible to remove my eye power. And how many days I have to wear this glass? Is there any other way to decrease my power.
Dr. my power is too weak _3.5 on both. I want to do lasik will it be permanent for life time and save.
Hello. I am suffering from myopia and I am using specs with -2 power. How can I get rid of this problem.
My eyes have some problem in seeing far places what is the right treatment for this please help me and is laser technique is right for these?
Regular itching in eyes though not much difficulty in eyesight; suffering chronic Allergic Rhinitis / Bronchitis, I do take SOS LCZ or LIT-M, apart from Thyronorm-75 for managing hypothyroidism; I do suffer from urte- care, occasionally;
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.