Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P. Navin Raj
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. P. Navin RajYour feedback matters!
I tore my ACL partially a few years back. It did not need a surgery and never hurt much. I have done proper rehab and have strengthened the muscles surrounding it. Recently I had stopped working out for 3-4 months and went back to playing football 2 weeks back and twisted my knee. It hurts a bit. I wanted to know what are the exercises I can do to strengthen my ACL.
You probably spend a whole day working at your office when your back remains in the same position. Then when you come back from work, you complain about your back pain, put some medicine and hope it goes away the next day. However, in such cases there are chances that the pain might return after a few days. You may not be aware of the fact, but there are certain fairly simple exercises you can do to strengthen your back and prevent back pain. Here are some of them.
1.Opposite arm leg raises
Lie on your stomach with one arm in the air as your starting position. Then finish the exercise by slowly lifting your leg. Hold this position for two seconds and then repeat this for the other arm and leg as well.
2. Prone hold
Hold a posture where you are holding your entire body weight on just your toes and your elbows for as long as it is pain-free.
Lie on your belly with your arms above your head. Slowly lift your arms and legs from this position as far as possible and then put it down again. Repeat this as many times as you can do it in a pain free way. Once again, it is imperative to not do this when it is painful as you may get injured.
4. Side holds
To do this, you have to be on your side putting your entire body weight on the side of your foot and your elbow. Hold it for as long as you can maintain the correct posture and it is pain free for you.
5. Resistance band rotation
Stand straight up or on your knees with your back straight up. Then using a resistance band rotate your body back and forth.
I am a 29-year-old woman with a 112 days old fractured D12 vertebrae (thoracic). I took conservative treatment & do feel much better than 3 months back but not completely. It's still painful & restricts my mobility. By when will I be absolutely painfree & mobile? How long time do I need?
Hi doctor If I sleep I can not able to wake up soon and if I wake up too my all body parts leave to pain.
I am 23 and female. I am facing back pain from couple of months and it has grown day by day. I am teacher and I have to stand for more than 4 hrs per day.
It is considered as the medical speciality, which caters to injuries and various diseases in the musculoskeletal system of the human body. This constitutes the joints, bones, tendons, nerves and muscles that enables a human being to move, be active and work. Orthopaedic surgeons perform special problems like diagnosis of the injury or disorder, treatment with right medication, rehabilitation that is by prescribing exercises and physical therapy in order to restore back movement, function and strength and finally prevention by providing information and plans of treatment to prevent the injury or reduce the progression of the disease.
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP)
PRP is the next generation injection method which is used commonly for conditions like knee, hip, shoulder and spine osteoarthritis, cuff tears, ACL injuries, pelvic instability, tennis elbow, back and neck injuries, ankle sprains, ligament sprains and tendinitis. It includes higher blood rate platelet concentrations and the patient experiences fewer chances of inflammatory side effects due to its pure PRP mixture.
How does it heal the body?
- The human body at first responds to the soft tissues injury which is to have the platelet cells.
- They are packed with healing factors that initiate repair and also attract critical assistance of the stem cells.
- The process intensifies the human body’s efforts which directly delivers a higher platelet concentration into the area of need.
- To create the PRP, a small section of the patient’s blood is drawn and it is placed into centrifuge which spins blood at a higher speed and separates the platelets from the components.
- It is injected into and at around the mark of injury and it significantly strengthens the process of healing.
- Just because the patient’s own blood is used in the process there is no risk of transmissible infection and also has less chance of allergic reaction.
- The procedure takes a couple of hours inclusive of the recovery and preparation time. It offers instant recovery as well avoids a long stay in the hospitals and application of anesthesia.
Outcome of PRP?
As the goal of PRP therapy is just to resolve pain by healing, it can prove to have long-lasting results. Initially, improvements are seen within few weeks eventually increases with the healing progress. The research studies have shown that PRP therapy is safe and effective and enables the patient to get back to their normal daily routine.
The PRP is very rich in platelets and it is a very old therapy that is adopted. It is a simple process and has multiple injections lasting 60-90 minutes and above all, it has natural end results, for example, PRP therapy is applied in hair restoration that provides natural appearing end results. It is a reliable process and therapy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My mother get problem that her right leg of tibia her nerves was sticked and looking like a nerves looking clearly with naked eye she getting pain.in tibia nerve.
- Thus low back pain is frequently brought on by sitting for a long time in a poor position or prolonged bending in bad working positions heavy lifting and standing and lying for a long time in a poor position. The low back is rounded and the lordosis has disappeared.
- Unfortunately many people lose the lordosis much of the time and seldom or never increase it to its very maximum. If you reduce the lordosis for long periods at a time, year in, year out, and never properly restore it, you will eventually lose the ability to form the hollow.
- It is known that a flattened low back is frequently associated with chronic low back problems.Most people naturally have a lordosis in the low back when they walk or run, and these activities often help to relieve low back pain.
- When we are standing the lordosis is naturally present but in some individuals, when the standing posture is maintained for a long time, the lordosis can become excessive and pain will be produced of a different nature than that occurring during prolonged bending.
- Of all these postural stresses the poor sitting posture is by far the one most commonly at fault. A poor sitting posture in itself may produce low back pain.
- Once low back problems have developed, a poor sitting posture will perpetuate or worsen those problems.Poor standing postures and poor lying postures are also frequent causes of back pain.
- You may have already found that your back pain appears only if you stand for long periods or only after you get into bed. Pain that behaves in this way is frequently caused by poor posture alone. If this is the case, it is easily rectified.
- Pain of postural origin will not occur if you avoid prolonged overstretching. Should pain develop, it is an almost certain indication that you have fallen into a poor position and immediate steps must be taken to correct your posture.
- Once the nature of your postural problem has been identified and you become aware of the steps you must take to correct it, you should not have to seek assistance whenever postural pain arises.