Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P N B K Prasada RaoYour feedback matters!
My son (2 years 3 months) is not saying any sentences. He says 1-25, A-Z, knows and says animals, their sounds, colours, shapes, vegetables, body parts etc. He says milk, water, rice etc when needed. Says Hello, Goodnight, bye bye etc. But never says his own name and doesn't interact properly. What to do? Please help.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.
My baby she is 7 years old she has cold and cough and tonsil problemcontentious what medicine should I give her please suggest me.
Any one in the world does'nt want a white teeth?
These are the two wishes makes the tooth paste business as number one in the world.
Every one should know why there are so many shades of teeth.
Does a yellow teeth means ugly teeth.
The colour of your teeth is an optical phenomenon. It depends on the thickness of the enamel. The inner layer of the tooth is called dentin, which is yellow in colour. If the overlying enamel is thin the colour of dentin is visible through the enamel giving the tooth yellow colour. If the enamel is thick the underlying dentin is not visible so tooth appears white. The whiteness of tooth depends on the thickness of enamel. Genetic also plays a role. Usually a fair complexioned person will have yellow shade and a dark complexioned person will have white shade.
So the colour of your teeth is not going to be changed permanently by your tooth paste.
Yellow or white teeth keep it clean.