Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P. Mruthyunjay Kumar
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. P. Mruthyunjay KumarYour feedback matters!
I am a patient of Hypertension. Recently diagnosed with high creatinine level of 1.7 Will beer help in reducing Hypertension and kidney issue.
Sir my triglycerides level is 336mg and my cholesterol is in border level 215mg please tel me whether I should start taking medicine or I can control naturally. Sir m tensed that whether it will effect my heart. Sir kindly give your suggestion.
Hi Doctor, I had been from dengue since a week today I was discharged from the hospital, now my platelets are normal but when I breath my chest pains and I feel something is stuck in my chest. If I eat anything everything comes out by vomiting. I should take tablets etc. Please suggest me something for that.
Hello! I am 24 years old boy. I had got my heart echo done and the EF value was 55% then after 9 months again when I got it done it dropped to 50%. I am a non smoker, work in a call centre, drink occasionally. No symptoms of heart like breathlessness, nausea or weakness. I want to check is it risky. Do I need to go for a surgery if valve replacement as I am too young! What is the level of EF which is above risk level.
I m 23. Female. Since 2 days m having these pains that come n go on the left side of the body. Pain & tingling in arms. Pain behind the breastbone. Pain just above the navel. All these pains just come and go. And are only experienced on the left side. I m vitamin B12 and D deficient. Taking supplements since 4 months. I read on the net that pains on left side of the body. simply at the upper back are related to heart. Is it true? Anything serious?
The oxygenated blood is vital for the functioning of the heart. A heart attack also termed as a Myocardial Infarction is a medical condition where the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the heart is affected (due to an arterial blockage triggered by coronary artery disorders or an injury). Devoid of oxygenated blood can result in severe damage to the heart muscles, at times with fatal consequences. A lot of the heart problems including a heart attack occurs because we tend to ignore the warning signs and symptoms. In this article, we will discuss some signs and symptoms of a heart attack that, by no means, should be neglected.
Warning signs that can be an indication of a heart attack-
- Pain in the chest: Chest pain and pressure (left side or center of the heart) that often spreads to the adjacent areas such as shoulders, neck, arms (one or both) or/and jaws may be indicative of a heart attack. Unfortunately, many people ignore the warning as a sign of heartburn and acidity, a mistake that can cost dearly.
- Profuse sweating: Sweating in the summer is understood but during winter or cold days (often cold sweats) should not be taken lightly at any cost.
- A person may also experience extreme weakness, lightheadedness (especially seen in women), vomiting, and nausea.
- Increased and irregular heart rate, palpitations and breathless are all indications of a problem that needs immediate medical attention to avoid any life-threatening consequences.
Unfortunately, in some people, especially those with diabetes tend to suffer an asymptomatic or a silent heart attack, complicating things further.
Preventive and safety measures to avert a heart attack
The signs and symptoms associated with a heart attack may differ within individuals. However, people with a history of heart problems ought to be careful.
- Certain medical conditions such as diabetes, obesity, chronic kidney disorders, hypertension or high blood pressure can act as triggers resulting in a heart attack.Thus, a person suffering from any of the mentioned health problems (including a heart problem) should go for regular health check-ups.
- For heart patients, it is advisable to keep the prescribed medicines handy.
- Being overweight or obese can result in deleterious consequences. You don't need to starve yourself or get skinny but maintaining a healthy body weight can play a significant role in warding off many health disorders including a heart problem.
- Increased and uncontrolled alcohol consumption, smoking, drug abuse can spell doom for the heart. Quit smoking and drug abuse and your heart will thank you for ages. Alcohol, if consumed, should be within limits.
- Eat a nutritious and healthy diet. Spicy, fast and oily foods will do your heart more harm than good.
- Avoid stress and anxiety. Maintain a healthy sleep cycle.
- Skipping the medicines is a big No.
- Avoid being a couch potato if you want your heart to be healthy and disease free.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!