Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P.Aruna KuamriYour feedback matters!
She is 20 years old, We had sex 4 days before her period and she got her period too, which lasted 4 days but usually she gets her period for 6-7 days. She felt some symptoms of pregnancy so she took a pregnancy check 16 days after we had sex, bt the result was negative. She was not pregnant. Again after 5 days, she took another pregnancy test to confirm whether she is pregnant or not, the test came positive. She is pregnant. Today, its 21 days after we had sex. What should I do? Is she pregnant? What medications should I choose. Reply Thankyou.
Hi doctor this is bharath. Problem: I am suffering with depression. When the unwanted situation happen I am going to easily. In that time I can, t take any decision. And shivering many of times in a day. And I have a low confidence level on me. So please help how can I handle the situations in that moment.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I got my periods on 24th day but it lasted for only 2 days but it was an heavy bleeding. Then on 3rd day again I bleed fr half a day. So is it normal?
Rimming sex. How I do safe rimming sex. I like to do very much. I use dettol soap daily. Tell me about clean methods for backside. If any infection that me details. After infections how I maintain clean again. Kindly help me.
I am 24 old women at time my right nipple itch at skin on the area gets dry. Now for few weeks it's is occurring frequently. What should i do?
Do menstrual painful every time in thirties for ladies. What is the cure for this to get rid the pains. Are they related to psychological stress? or because of cyst/s in the uterus? any cure for this or precautions that is required?
Hello mam my age is 25 I am girl and my weight is around 70 kg my breast is lifted down my body shape is not good because of it. please suggest me simple exercise or home remedies.
Hi I am 25 years old and now in my 28th week of my pregnancy. About 15 days ago I noticed sweeping on areola on my left breast first its not painful after 1 weeks sweeping doesn't reduced so I went to my GYN she told me nothing to worry its just Montgomery tuberculosis. After some days my breast becomes swollen nd become tender nd my breast tissue also thickened. So I went second opinion she prescribed me lanolin gel. But now my breast become tender to touch nd my breast become harder than other. Its all in only in one breast where as other seems normal. I searched on Google about it. It shows that its symptoms of breast cancer. I am freaking out is it normal in pregnancy or is it symptoms of cancer pls tell me.
I am 28 years old. Meri one month se bleeding ni ruki. Medicine chl ri h koi frk ni Pad raha any suggestions for me.
Becoming a parent is the most cherishing moment in a couple's life, hence it is important to ensure that both the mother and the baby are healthy. In today's world lot of factors like environmental, socio-economic, lifestyle associated, and addictions such as smoking and alcohol affect the health of both men and women. If the parents have ill health or unhealthy lifestyle practices, the same can complicate matters and also cause infertility.
Prenatal Counseling: Today's life, especially in the metro cities, is fast and becoming more stressful. Pregnancy is a period when the health of the baby is directly dependent on the health of the mother and father. Also during the early phase of pregnancy the development of a baby inside the womb is very rapid and is the base for its future. Preconception counseling helps parents to understand and identify the different factors affecting the growth of the baby along with the modifications or complete illumination of these factors (if possible) to maintain the healthy development of the baby and the health of the mother as well.
Hence preconception counseling is a good initiative towards a healthy outcome. It not only guides the parent about the healthy lifestyle but also helps to find out the genetic factors causing any malformation or medical conditions, affecting the baby- the mother- the whole family through an emotional, psychological, social and economic point of view. It helps the parents to understand the condition, its future consequences so that they are able to take informed decisions.
The Prenatal Counseling Guides About:
- The right height and weight as per the BMI. This highlights the right attributes needed for conception
- Blood pressure to check any abnormality
- Medical history - whether they have had any medical treatment for any particular disease. If yes, then what are the medications? They check whether these are safe medications for pregnancy or not. The doctors then alter them accordingly to avoid any harmful effect on pregnancy.
- Abdominal & pelvic examination to rule out any abnormality
- Rubella screening- It is important to have a vaccine. As Rubella causes abortions or congenital birth defects in baby.
- Varicella screening to assess any chances of future abnormalities
- Depression screening as its medication are harmful for the baby & also if mother is not prepared for pregnancy then the outcome is usually affected.
- Blood tests like urine analysis, complete blood count, sugar, blood group & tests for -STDS (HIV, VDRL), Hepatitis B, thyroid dysfunction
- The importance of well-balanced nutritional diet and how to opt it
- The change or modification in the lifestyle to reduce stress
- Exercise and its benefits
- Any family history of any disease like Haemophilia and the steps towards it
- Quitting alcohol and smoking as they have adverse effects on the growth and development of baby
- Any kind of drug addiction having ill effect on the health of both mother and baby
Thus prenatal counseling in planning a baby is a step towards ensuring a healthy outcome.
Stuck inside for your run? These routines are anything but run-of-the-mill
If you dread the tread, check out these six routines that will help you outrun boredom and get better results than ever.
Turn Up Your Tempo
Set the incline to 1 percent and warm up with 10 minutes of easy running. Then set the pace 2 minutes faster than your easy running pace—say 8 minutes per mile if you usually run 10-minute miles for a long, easy run. Go at that tempo for 3 to 4 minutes, and then walk for 3 to 4 minutes. That’s one round; do 3 to 5 total rounds.
“This is a maximum aerobic effort that helps you push your easy pace”
Warm up with 5 to 10 minutes of easy running. Then set the incline at 1 percent and start running at a 5 miles-per-hour pace. Increase the speed 0.2 mph every minute until you completely fatigue.
“This workout will systematically and incrementally increase an athlete's lactate threshold,”
“It will also develop mental patience and boost VO2 Max.”
Warm up with 15 to 20 minutes of easy running. Then run a half-mile at 75 percent of your hardest effort. When you hit the half-mile mark, slow to a jog for 200 meters. That’s one round; do 6 to 8 total rounds.
“By not fully recovering between repeats you still improve your ability to run fast, but also ensure you have the aerobic strength and support to maintain goal pace on race day”
The Horrible Hill Workout
Warm up with 10 minutes of easy running. Begin your workout by setting the incline to 8 percent and sprint as fast as you can for 30 seconds. Then lower the incline to 5 percent and walk for 30 seconds. After walking, sprint for 90 seconds at your 10K pace, then walk for 2 minutes. That’s one round; do 6 to 9 total rounds.
“This workout challenges your anaerobic and neuromuscular system while also helping build strength with the long hill repeat”
Warm up with 10 minutes of easy running. Every time a commercial comes on during a show or game you’re watching, run 1 ½ to 2 minutes per mile faster than your warm-up pace until the regular program returns. Do this until completely fatigued.
“It’s a killer toward the end of a close Cricket game"
Warm up with 10 minutes of easy running. Start the treadmill at 7 miles per hour on a 1 percent incline and run 60 seconds at that pace. Then lower the speed to an easy pace and take a 60 second break. Bump up the speed to 7.5 mph and repeat this 60 seconds of running with a 60-second break while increasing the speed by 0.5 mph after each break. Once you can’t hold that faster speed for the full 60 seconds, drop the interval down to 30 seconds of running with 60 seconds of rest until you can’t go anymore.
“As the workout progresses, you carry more and more fatigue into the next interval"
“It’s a great workout that gives you bang for your buck on the aerobic and anaerobic side of the coin.”
हमारे आस-पास ऐसी बहुत सी चीजें मौजूद है जो औषधीय गुणों से भरपूर, हमारे लिए फायदेमंद हैं पर हम उनसे अनजान होते हैं। जानकारी का अभाव कई बार बगल में छोरा गांव में ढिंढोरा की कहावत को चरितार्थ करता है, जैसे शिवलिंगी बीज। जो अक्सर हमारे इर्द-गिर्द मौजूद होती है पर हम इससे और इसके गुणों से अनजान होने की वजह से अपनी समस्याएं सुलझाने के लिए हैरान होते है। तो आज हम ऐसी ही बहुगुणी वनस्पति की हम बात करेंगे जिसे शिवलिंगी बीज कहते हैं। हमारे वनों में, खेतों और खलिहानों में, आँगनो में और बाडों आदि में विभिन्न प्रकार की वनस्पतियाँ पाई जाती है। इन्ही में से एक है शिवलिंगी। शिवलिंगी का वैज्ञानिक नाम ब्रयोनोप्सिस लेसिनियोसा होता है। आप इसे अपने आस पास प्रचुर मात्रा में उगता हुआ देख सकते है। इसके बीजों की बनावट देखने से बिलकुल स्पष्ट रूप से शिवलिंग की रचना दिखाई देती है। शिवलिंगी बीज को सदियों से संतान प्राप्ति के लिए अचूक नुस्खे के तौर माना जाता रहा है। संतानविहीन दंपत्ती के लिये ये पौधा एक वरदान है। महिला को मासिक धर्म समाप्त होने के 4 दिन बाद प्रतिदिन सात दिनों तक संजीवनी के 5 बीज खिलाए जाए तो महिला के गर्भधारण की संभावनांए बढ़ जाती है। शिवलिंगी के बीजों को तुलसी और गुड के साथ पीसकर संतानविहीन महिला को खिलाया जाता है। महिला को जल्द ही संतान सुख की प्राप्ति होती है।
- इसकी पत्तियों की चटनी बनती है। आयुर्वेद के अनुसार ये टॉनिक की तरह काम करती है। जिन महिलाओं को संतानोत्पत्ति के लिए इसके बीजों का सेवन कराया जाता है। उन्हें विशेषरूप से इस चटनी का सेवन कराया जाता है। पत्तियों को बेसन के साथ मिलाकर सब्जी के रूप में भी खाया जा सकता है। आदिवासीयों के अनुसार इस सब्जी का सेवन गर्भवती महिलाओं को करना चाहिए। जिससे होने वाली संतान तंदुरुस्त पैदा होती है।
- शिवलिंगी के बीजों का उपयोग कर एक विशेष फार्मुला तैयार करते हैं ताकि जन्म लेने वाला बच्चा चुस्त, दुरुस्त और तेजवान हो। शिवलिंगी, पुत्रंजीवा, नागकेशर और पारस पीपल के बीजों की समान मात्रा लेकर चूर्ण बना लिया जाता है और इस चूर्ण का आधा चम्मच गाय के दूध में मिलाकर सात दिनों तक उस महिला को दिया जाता है। जिसने गर्भधारण किया होता है।
- इसके बीजों के चूर्ण को बुखार नियंत्रण और बेहतर सेहत के लिए उपयोग में लाते हैं। अनेक हिस्सों में इसके बीजों के चूर्ण को त्वचा रोगों को ठीक करने के लिए भी इस्तमाल किया जाता है।
- तो इस तरह शिवलिंगी बीज को साधारण नहीं समझे और जरूरत पड़ने पर इसके गुणों का लाभ जरूर उठाएं।
I am married and it's 2 years passed I had pregnancy 2 times and I had abortion when I had check up nd test the reports were normal. During pregnancy I was travelling. Does this was the reason for my abortion if yes please suggest some cautions to prevent it next time.
Certain diseases are fatal, thus, proper measures must be taken to ensure that once the symptoms have been confirmed, treatment must start immediately. Syphilis is one of the most communicable sexually transmitted diseases. If left untreated, Syphilis can be fatal.
It can lead to heart disease, brain damage and blindness. A woman infected with Syphilis can also pass it on unknowingly to her baby, if she suffers from the disease during her pregnancy. Syphilis can be easily treated, but if left too late, the antibiotics that treat it cannot reverse the damage caused by Syphilis.
Syphilis can be tested by:
- A blood test: In most cases, a simple blood test can confirm the presence of Syphilis by showing signs of the antibodies used to fight it.
- Testing the fluid from the sores: This is usually done in the case of primary or secondary Syphilis when sores are present on the patient's skin. Looking at a scraping of the sore under a microscope can be used to diagnose Syphilis if it shows the presence of the Syphilis bacteria.
- Testing cerebrospinal fluid: This is performed only in extreme cases of Syphilis where the disease may have caused complications with your nervous system. The earlier Syphilis is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat.
Syphilis is usually treated with antibiotics amongst which penicillin is the most preferred. If you've had Syphilis for less than a year, a single injected dose of penicillin can stop the disease from progressing. You may need additional doses if you have been suffering from Syphilis for more than a year. Penicillin is also the only antibiotic that can cure Syphilis and suits pregnant women as well. If you have been diagnosed with Syphilis during pregnancy, your baby should also be treated for it.
When undergoing treatment for Syphilis, here are a few other points to keep in mind:
- Abstain from oral, vaginal and anal sex until the sores have healed
- Get blood tests at regular intervals for at least a year after treatment
- Get tested for an HIV infection
- Fevers, nausea, headaches and chills are normal side effects associated with Syphilis treatment
- If you are allergic to penicillin, let your doctor know so that you can be given an alternative antibiotic
- If you have a lesion around your mouth, Syphilis can even spread through kissing another person
The good news is that once you've been cured of Syphilis, it does not recur. However, it is recommended to always use protection while having intercourse and abstain from sexual activities if your partner suffers from Syphilis.