Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Nitesh NarayanYour feedback matters!
In order to see clearly, the eyes need to be constantly lubricated. This function is performed by small glands located in the eyelids known as meibomian glands. These glands secrete oil onto the surface of the cornea through tiny openings on them. Malfunctioning of this gland can create an excessive amount of oil.
When oil accumulates on the eyelids, it encourages the bacteria present in the eye and the skin around it to multiply leading to inflammation. This condition is known as meibomianitis. Adults are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition as compared to children.
Some of the factors that could trigger meibomianitis are:
- Allergic reactions
- Fluctuation of hormones associated with puberty and adolescence
- Acne and other skin conditions
- Lice or mites on the eyelashes
- Unsanitary contact lens solution
- Contaminated eye makeup
- Certain medications such as isotretinoin for acne that increases bacteria on the eyelids
- However, in some cases, a clear trigger factor may not be identifiable.
Some of the characteristic symptoms of this disease are:
- Dry eyes
- Constant watering from the eyes
- Inflammation and reddening of the eyelids
- Burning sensation in the eyes
- Flaking of skin around the infected eye
- Heightened sensitivity to light
- Excessive blinking
- Crusting of eyelashes
- Blurred vision
- Frequent formation of sties
- Loss of eyelashes or abnormal growth of eyelashes
Regular cleaning of the eyes with warm water and abstaining from the use of contact lenses and eye makeup can help reduce irritation and manage the inflammation. Additionally, the doctor may also prescribe antibiotics or steroids in the form of pills, eye creams or drops. Artificial tears may also be recommended to patients exhibiting dry eye symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I have dry eyes due to working on computers. I use Glytears Eye drops. But this provides temporary solution only. There is no itching But sometimes there is pain in eyes. Please suggest some medication.
I feel very different in my eyes. Whenever I come out of an Air conditioned room to hot outside. My eyes didn't easily merge with change in cool n hot atmosphere. And sometimes a white liquid comes at the sides of my eyes whenever am expose to sunlight. I want to know the exact reason for this cause and what are all the foods should I take, to make them healthier.
Sir I have severe head ache for last 3 days and having little temperature, my eyes have swollen and I am unable to sleep please help?
I am feeling severe headache and pain in my eyes for the last 3 days. I have been using spectacles for the last 12 years. Is it possible that what I'm going through is because my eyesight is failing?
Hi, I am 36 years male, I get flickering in my eyes, what could be the reasons, I felt acidity today and I have heavy feeling around my forehead. Flickering in my eyes happening on regular basis?
Why my eye become red after driving and when I bath in swimming pool etc. Please give my answer as well as possible.
Hello Dr. I am suffering from horrible dark circles can you pls suggest me 100% treatment for dark circles and my eyes are weak I am using specs for clear vision and in parties I am using contact lens. Can you pls suggest me good eye drop for eye pain relief while on job working on computers my eye are paining sometimes And watery also. Thank you pls reply soon.
I am 16 years old boy I am suffering from sight related eye problems since my 3rd class so please give some suggestions to solve it.
Macular Degeneration is an age-related macular degeneration incurable eye disease, which might result in blurred vision or no vision in the centre of the vision field, which might lead to visual distortions, reduced central vision, decreased intensity of the colours and can make it difficult for the patient to recognize faces, read, drive and to perform other activities.
Types of Macular Degeneration
1. Dry Macular Degeneration: It is characterized by the presence of drusen and thinning of macula because of a breakdown or thinning of the layer of retinal pigment epithelial cells in the macula.
2. Wet macular degeneration: In this type of AMD, there is an excessive growth of blood vessels, which causes bleeding, leakage, as well as scaring under the retina, which results in a rapid and severe loss of the central vision and might become permanent if not treated.
Causes of Age-related Macular Degeneration:
This is caused due to a problem related to the part of eye known as Macula, which is a spot at the centre of the retina of the eye. The focus point of the incoming ray of light is on Macula, which is responsible for see the things direct in front of us, especially reading and writing.
- Age: As the age increases, the probability of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration also increases significantly. The degree of the macular degeneration might vary person to person, but ageing is a major cause of suffering from age-related macular degeneration.
- Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of developing the disease in comparison to someone who does not smoke. The longer you have smoked, the more are the chances of developing it.
- Family History: The risk of developing the Age-related Macular Degeneration increases if it runs in your family, i.e. if your parents and siblings are suffering from it, then your chances of developing it are quite high as compared to the ones who do not have any family history.
- Obesity: The obese people have the higher chances of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- Alcohol: Higher alcohol consumption also puts you at the risk of AMD, which is why one should always take alcohol in limited quantity only.
- Sunlight: As going out in sunlight without sunscreen is harmful to your skin, the same is harmful to your eyes for longer duration, and one should always wear UV-absorbing sunglasses to protect his eyes from AMD.
- Ethnicity: The white and Chinese are more prone to developing AMD as compared to the black people.
- Cardiovascular disease: The persons who have suffered diseases that affect the heart and other blood vessel are at higher risk of macular degeneration.
Treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration
1. Anti-VEGF Drugs: The dry macular degeneration cannot be cured while the wet macular degeneration can be stabilized and maintained with a number of medical treatments to be injected into the eye, such as Lucentis, Avastin and Eylea. These are not long procedures and continued monitoring of the vision to maintain or improve the vision.
2. Laser photocoagulation: It consists of a concentrated beam of high energy thermal light that is directed towards the retina to obliterate and seal leaking blood vessels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.