Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nirmala
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NirmalaYour feedback matters!
My son, a delay birth crying patient is 1year old. His development (physical and mental) is very slow as per his age. He not even sit properly alone. I consult with a pedestrian and a physiotherapist from his 5 months age but development order is not satisfactory. Is there any proper treatment for him? Is he be a normal person in future?
My grand daughter 5 & 1/2 months old has suddenly developed disinterest towards her bottled milk feeds. Her weight is 6.30 kgs. She is being given nestle man pro 1. Her regular intake was approx 130 to 140 ml 5 to 6 times a day, but she could take only 2 feeds of 130 ml each & 4 feeds of 80 ml in last 24 hours. Some sort of irritation is also a new kind of development, in her otherwise pleasant mood. She is not being breastfed. Her birth weight was 1.680 kgs only. Kindly suggest appropriate treatment/ directions.
I am getting ache in my stomach from last 20 days if any medicines are there then please let me know.
My 11 months she is having cough from last 2 days and running nise as well giving Kufril LS drops 3 times a day .How many days it will take to recover any precaution need to be taken?
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.
What is the proper diet of 7 month old babies which milk is best for baby except mother feeding. & how we can gain weight for our baby.
My two years and 5 months baby boy weight 12 kg has diagnosis encysted hydrocele of cord on right side. He often complain cold cough and runny nose. How it can be treated please suggest. I am always worried about his physical problem. Since 6 months he gain no weight. After given appetizer he given no interest in talking food. please help me doctors.
My daughter Is 15 months old. Can I stop breastfeeding. Moreover, I have started developing nipple cracks since 1 week. I don't know the exact reason. Please suggest
This information is of my son. Please help me in selecting a diet chart for him. He is 9 months old.
I have again done the stool test of my child. My child is 1 month 22 days old. The stool test report is as under: Colour- Yellow with Reddish streak. Consistency: Semisolid, Odour: Offensive, Mucus (), Reaction: Ph 6.0, Occult Blood: Positive (ve), RBC: 6-8/Hpf, Pus Cells: 2-3/ Hpf, Bacteria flora: Normal, Veg Cells, Starch, Fat globules are Nil. We see some little drops of blood in his stool when he passes stool most of time. Dr. (Pediatrician) advised us to go surgeon for checking the cause of stool. What can we do now? Why there is blood in his stool and what is his problem. My child is normal habitual and his body temperature is also normal. He is only breastfed.
Typhoid is an infectious bacterial fever with an eruption of red spots on the chest and abdomen and severe intestinal irritation, brought about by the Salmonella typhi bacteria. It can also be brought about by Salmonella paratyphi, a related bacterium that generally causes a less extreme sickness. The bacteria are stored in water or in the food by a human carrier and are then spread to other individuals around them.
There are many ways to avoid typhoid fever:
- Vaccination: Take one dose of the vaccine one week before travelling. The other is given orally in four cases, with one container to be taken every alternate day. Neither one of the vaccines is 100% effective. Both require repetitive immunisation since the effect of vaccines diminishes over time.
- Washing your hands: Frequently washing your hands in hot, soapy water is the most ideal approach to control contamination. Wash before eating or cooking food and after using the toilet. Use a hand sanitiser in cases where water isn't accessible.
- Drinking clean water: There are a few ways in which you can avoid getting typhoid fever spread by contaminated water.
- Abstain from drinking untreated water.
- Contaminated drinking water is a specific issue in areas where typhoid fever is endemic. Thus, drink only boiled or filtered water, or canned or packaged carbonated drinks.
- Carbonated filtered water is more secure than non-carbonated filtered water.
- Request drinks without ice.
- Use filtered water to brush your teeth and try not to swallow water in the shower.
- Clean water can get contaminated again in case it is not put away securely.
- Store the clean drinking water in a container with a little opening and use it within four hours.
- Staying away from raw fruits and vegetables: Maintain a strategic distance from crude foods grown in the ground. Since crude produce may have been washed away in water, maintain distance from products of the soil that you cannot peel, particularly lettuce. To be totally protected, you might need to stay away from street food completely.
- Cooking: Pick hot foods. Keep away from food that is put away or served at room temperature. Steaming hot nourishments are ideal. Also, in spite of all precautions, there is no assurance that the food served at the finest restaurants is safe for your health. It is best to stay away from foods served by street side vendors. Completely cook all meats, fish and vegetables. Eat them while they are still hot.
- Washing: Wash your dishes and utensils with proper dish washing soap and water. Wash your cutting board particularly well with a cleanser and water.
- Peeling: Peeling fruits and vegetables protects you from typhoid. Eat natural products that have been freshly washed and peeled, for example, oranges and bananas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.