Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nirmala N GYour feedback matters!
I am pcod patient and I am on homeopathic medication. I have hair fall and that is too severe but after medication the hair fall slow down but not 100%.now I want to know should I use olive oil and loreal keratin shampoo for my hairs.
When it comes to health, there is no taking a chance. Most of us are in the habit of storing some medicines at home, which could come in handy, say for a headache or an acidity attack. However, these often remain in the medicine kit for a long time before they are actually used. So, finally when the day arrives when there is an actual need for it, we are not sure if it is still usable. The one thing we dread is the use of a medicine, which is past its expiry date.
What if there is an adverse event? What if there is a complication or a side effect?
Then, if we are not in a position to get a fresh pill, we would rather endure the pain or acidity than pop that outdated pill. Is it really prudent to do so? I say otherwise. Most medicines have the expiry date to indicate the date or time, until when the drug would have the most potency and efficacy. Meaning to say, the drug may become weak (take longer to act or may require more of the drug to produce the same effect) when taken after the listed expiry date.
The truth is that most pharma companies list a date, which could be months, if not years, ahead of the actual expiry date. In reality, a drug never really expires. Most medicines can be used up to a few months after this date. Some medicines may even be useful after years of their expiry date.
It depends as to what the medicine is for:
- Painkillers are usually harmless to take beyond the expiry date. If there is no effect (even prolonged), then try to get a fresh one.
- Chronic medications like anti-hypertensives and anti-diabetic medications can be used up to a few months at the most, not beyond. Make sure to monitor readings to check for the efficacy. Often times, a greater dose may be required to get the desired effect, but this should not be done without medical supervision.
- Biologic products like EpiPen, eye drops or injectable substances should not be used, if they are cloudy. In fact, most of these should be kept for a very short period after opening.
- With any expired medicine, keep your doctor posted, especially your chronic meds to seek further advice and information.
The place and the way the drug is stored also may help in retaining its strength. A drug stored in the fridge is safer than something stashed away in a cupboard with a lot of other things. Keep these in mind, and take a call! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
As a patient don't use antibiotic without consulting your doctor. Firstly use coservative measures rather than jump to antibiotics.
I got recently married. I have taken contraceptive pill one week back and again I am in a need of it. My last period is on 14th December and expected is on 16th January. Whether can I have contraceptive pill now to avoid pregnancy.
I had bleeding of 4 days after the 4th day of having sex. My partner did not penetrate neither he ejaculated. Now I am not getting my periods it is 2 weeks late. Can I be pregnant.
Hi doctor. I am 24 years old I had a miscarriage 10 days before. And now my bleeding has been stopped. And no pain lefts. Can I do sex now. And how much chances will there to conceive again.
There is no fixed course for iron. You need to continue till your body stores are adequate in iron. A regular follow-up blood test is most essential to prevent iron overload. There is no need to take extra supplemental iron unless indicated.
Continue using food sources of iron even after stopping the tablet/syrup as food sources will never cause iron overload. Common foods being beet, green veggies, dates, figs, raisins, sesame seeds, almonds.
If you are not responding to the iron or your hemoglobin keeps dropping frequently, you need to rule out hemoglobin related disorders.
But, but, but. Try doing this first -
Include vitamin a (carrots, peach, papaya, mango, green vegetables), copper (whole grains, almonds, pista, figs, dates, walnuts, raisins) and vitamin c to improve absorption of iron.
Our indian dish'aloo-palak' is a good example of food combination to maximize efficacy of nutrient absorption. Forget the technical jargon.
What I mean is that you get iron from palak and vitamin c, vitamin a and copper from the potato, so it enhances the iron absorption.
Point to note:
Do not take your anti-acidity syrups, tablets or capsules with iron. It will just not allow that iron to be absorbed.
Do not drink cow or buffalo or soya milk to gulp that iron tablet, it will just not allow.
Do not take tea or coffee with iron tablet; it will just not allow.
So, get the best out of that iron tablet, so that you can discontinue it sooner.
I got married in june 2014. But our sex is not do properly means some family problem ; and I also have fear about sex means my mind not prepare for sex and all sperm are deposit on outside not proper penetration occur .my mc also irregular .but from last three months our sex go properly .penetration is proper and my mc is also regular from last 5 months .my husband report also normal .so we have good news as soon as possible early .please tell me we want take any treatment or not.
My wife aged 58 has lost interest in sex. She says this is not the age, we had enough. And I, 65, feel like having at least once a week.
Hi. I am 34 years and this is my first pregnancy and I feel very angry, irritated and with negative thoughts all the time. Please suggest me what to do ?
After 2 years of struggling for my baby, finally, I am advised for IUI by my doctor. I'm about to have my first Intra uterine insemination (IUI), next week. Does it hurts or is it a very painful procedure? I'm very tensed & stressful. Will my stress & tension affects my treatment? And finally will my treatment succeed? How should I overcome my fear? Even transvaginal scanning always painful for me, I don't know why? Will IUI also be like internal scanning? How should I vanish all my fear & tension?
We are panning for conceiving a baby from last 6 months. I am suffering from irregular periods since from 4 months. I just want to know what could be the reason for my irregular periods.
I am 30 years old male .i am married. I want you ask a question. Mai jab bhi apni wife ke sath sex krta hu to mera sara sperm yoni se bahar nikal jata hai. Kya ye naturally aisa hi hota hai ya phir koi problem hai. Because hum baby ke liye try krna chahte hai. I am very worried about it.
Hello sir/madam I and my girlfriend had sex in September (protected) but prior to sex I have rubbed it in her private parts. She got her periods in october. But in this month her periods were actually scheduled on 22 nov but till date she did not get her periods. Is anything serious? Please help me out.
There are few things more exhausting or more irritating than the four month long Indian summer. With soaring temperatures and the sun raging outside, mangoes and lychees don't seem like much of a silver lining.
So, here are 8 health hacks that will make your summer a little better:
- Replace soft drinks with water: When you are out on the streets or sweating at home, a sweet fizzy drink does seem tempting but try resisting and have a glass of sparkling water instead. The preservatives and chemicals in the soft drinks do nothing to help your metabolism, which is slowed down by dehydration. Add a bit of lemon juice if only water does not appeal to you.
- Try yoghurt instead of ice cream: The primary difference between the two is that one contains cream and the other does not. Yoghurt is lighter and has lesser fat content. Excess fat consumption during summer actually makes you sweat more.
- Use honey instead of butter: Butter like cream has a heavy fat content and your metabolism (which is slower in summer to retain water in the body) takes longer to break fat down. So, ditch butter this summer and spread some honey on your crunchy breakfast toast.
- Stock up on cucumber: Cucumber is an underrated blessing. You can munch on them anytime you like without worrying about calorie intake or stomach aches. Rubbing some cucumber on your skin can soothe sunburns and itches.
- Aloe Vera can work wonders: You must have heard about the boon that aloe vera is when it comes to skincare. It is the best solution to nasty sunburns, especially aloe vera gel frozen in small Ziploc bags, can heal burns and prevent skin peeling and chaffing.
- Lower the pH value of your skin: Application of citrus fruit juices like apples and lemons or vinegar can lower the pH value of our skin and prevent the multiplication of bacteria. This keeps both sweat and body odor away much more effectively than deodorants.
- Make small sacrifices in terms of diet: Some of your favorite things like coffee, alcohol, spicy food, sugar and cigarettes are best consumed minimally in summer because they all aggravate the functioning of the apocrine glands and cause sweat and body odor.
- Shower before you workout: One of the good things about summer might be that you have an excuse to skip work out. But, if you start with a cold shower or a swim, or keep a cold, wet towel round your neck, workout can be surprisingly refreshing. You can do the same after your workout, it lowers the body temperature and cooling the muscles can heal soreness very quickly.