Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. NikitYour feedback matters!
I'm 21 years old ,suffering from migraine for last few days. Consulted many doctors but no change for my condition. Can you please give me a advice.
I have this insomnia for past four years ever since I joined US company due to time difference. I can't get sleep at night however tired I feel n feel the need to sleep. The minute I lie down, sleep evaporates and cannot get sleep n keep waiting. Resoryed to sleeping pills to be able to sleep and work next day. If no sleep, I loose appetite, feel listless and nauseatic and cannot eat at all. What should I do?
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson's disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include:
- Consumption of large amounts of caffeine on a regular basis
- Developing irregular sleep schedules
- Taking your smartphone to bed and ending up spending a lot of time with it in the night
- Eating late in the evening
I am suffering from polio from 6 years and please tell me how I can control this and what is its prevention?
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. My serum cortisol morning is 234ng/ml. I am having numbness and tingling all over body. Chest and belly fat enlargement. Hair growth excessively. Does excessive cortisol or cushing syndrome also causes numbness and tingling all over body?
I have a migraine problem. Please suggest home remedy to cure and what are the preventive measures for that?
Is stem cell transplantation for multiple sclerosis treatment available in India and whats the cost of this treatment?
I really need some advice or more better if help. Symptoms - fat deposition on my chest, waist, hips. Nipples look swollen up when body temp. Is hot and shrinks to normal when come in touch to cold things or in cold environment. It is happening from the time I ran into puberty but fat deposition started 2 years ago. But now its embarrassing. I use to have medical history of seizure disorder and its medication course was completed a year ago. Some thing I did't added previously. Doctors gave me sodium valporate 600 mg everyday. But due to overdose I got acute pancreatitis then they switch me to sodium dilantin 300 mg/day at night. This case is 6 year old. At that time it started. I consulted the doctor he said it will go away with time but it did not instead it increased but slowly. G - male Age - 20.
My wife of 43 year old suffer from migraine, it actually start the moment she is about to reach orgasm or little earlier if she attain high level of sexual arousal while we are in advanced stage of foreplay. Is there any medicine to prevent the same. This issue is hurting our sexual life and also putting me in great stress.
Headaches are generally classified into two main types: primary headaches and secondary headaches. A migraine, which is a disabling, recurring headache that frequently occurs only on one side of the head and often results in other symptoms, is one type of primary headache. Other primary headaches include cluster and tension headaches. Tension-type headaches are the most common headache, and are often experienced as mild, dull pressure without other accompanying symptoms. Cluster headaches, which are less common than migraines or tension headaches, usually bring severe pain (sometimes described as ?stabbing? pain) behind one eye, and may be accompanied by redness and nasal congestion.
Hello, I'm 19 years old. Recently I had headaches which begins after pressure random pressure around the head (mainly forehead between eyebrows) then I get headaches on the sides of my head. I'm also having dizziness and light sensitivity. My sleep is bad and I can't sleep for longer than 5 hours, I also have some anxiety. Can it be the reason? if it is can I use sleeping pills to help me get through this just temporarily? Also I'm having random twitching and vibrating all over body it's been here for more than 3 months but no pain or weakness. Thank you very much for your time. Have a great day.
Hello doctor. My suffering from autism from 14 years [since his birth] he is not getting any particular treatement now a days he hits everyone badly and breakes things he is very loud. Please give me some suggestions regarding this nd reply as soon as possible thnks.
The neurologist has prescribed aten-50, cilacar-10. Rebiprazole-20, revortril0. 5 & rejunex cd3 for me for shaking of body and hypertension. Please Advise me are these medicines appropriate?
There is a Bulge in between my thumb and my index finger. It feels like it's moving and it is causing a considerable amount of pain. My thumb is numb.
A stroke, also called cerebrovascular accident (CVA), cerebrovascular insult(CVI), or brain attack, occurs when a part of the brain is deprived of blood flow. When the brain cells are deprived of oxygen they begin to die. When brain cells die, the functions controlled by that part of the brain also stops, which results in different types of disabilities among stroke survivors.
There are two types of strokes
- Ischemic stroke
The first is caused when a brain aneurysm or a weak blood vessel bursts. Most of the time, this type of stroke leads to death. The second one happens when a clot blocks the flow of blood to the brain. Patients suffering from stroke suffer from various side-effects, the most common ones being paralysis or loss of feeling in a certain part of the body, problem in understanding or talking and loss of vision in one side. The side-effects start showing up regularly after a person has had a stroke.
In certain conditions, blood flow to a certain part of the brain stops for only some time and hence the body suffers stroke like symptoms which only last a couple of hours before disappearing. This is known as a transient ischemic attack (TIA). Unfortunately, the effects of a stroke can be debilitating and also permanent. Hence its important to know the symptoms of a stroke and rush the patient to a doctor as soon as possible. Sometimes early treatment can save a lot of damage.
The primary symptoms of stroke are as follows:
- Confusion and problems with talking and comprehension
- Headache along with alteration of consciousness or vomiting
- Numbness of the face, arms or legs, especially on one side of the body
- Issue with seeing, in one or both eyes
- Inability to walk with stability, including disrupted coordination
- Problems with the bladder and bowel control
- Acute depression
- Body temperature fluctuates, and pain worsens with movement
- Paralysis on one side of the body along with fatigue
- Problem in expressing or controlling emotions
Diagnosis of stroke
Several tests are carried out to determine the type of stroke acquired. They are:
- Physical examination, which involves observing the patient's overall condition.
- Blood tests
- CT scans
- MRI scans
- Cerebral angiogram
Stroke is a fatal brain disease and can cause permanent damage to your system so its best to check with your Neurologist to know how you can prevent it.