Find numerous Diabetologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Diabetologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Diabetologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Naganna Jilla
Submit a review for Dr. Naganna JillaYour feedback matters!
I am 40 years old suffering from diabetes. What I should do to get relief. Kindly give me suggestions. Suffering last 6 month please guide line for lifestyle.
Erectile dysfunction is a disorder where the person affected is unable to maintain or achieve an erection during sexual intercourse. As diabetes is a disorder that affects blood supply to organs, so the ability to achieve or maintain erections are impaired, as erections are dependent on proper blood supply to the penis. Fortunately, there are treatments for these symptoms and they are:
- Injection therapy and oral medications: Some medications are directly injected to the penis in order to facilitate erection, while certain other oral drugs are administered to treat symptoms of erectile dysfunction which have a higher success rate in treating people who are diabetic than those who are not.
- Regular exercise and a healthy diet: Exercising on a regular basis combined with a healthy diet can reduce the symptoms of both diabetes as well as erectile dysfunction.
- Reviewing medications: Some medications used to treat blood pressure and depression can often cause erectile dysfunction. So, the medications should be reviewed by a doctor and, if necessary, should be changed.
- Usage of vacuum constriction devices: These devices are used to create a pump in the penis which facilitate the ability to maintain an erection and engage in sexual intercourse. It is reported to work in 80% of the cases.
- Penile implants: It is a surgical procedure where a penis implant is used to treat this disorder.
- Intraurethral therapy: In this treatment, the medicine is placed in the urethra of the penis in the form of suppository by an applicator. These medicines improve blood flow and thus facilitate a normal erection.
Related Tip: "Myths and Misconceptions About Erectile Dysfunction"
Do you realize that around 2.5% of the aggregate diabetics are affected with foot ulcers and related sicknesses. Not just this, progression of ulcers/foot wounds leaves the patient with no other option other than amputation. Studies propose that two third of the diabetic foot ulcers in the long run heel without removals. Specialists encourage diabetic patients to embrace a preventive and powerful way to deal with in order to prevent further complications.
What foot complications can occur in diabetics?
- Diabetes (both type 1 and ii) causes harm to veins and peripheral nerves that can bring about issues in the legs and feet. Two principle conditions connected with diabetes are peripheral vein ailment (pad) and peripheral neuropathy prompting expanded danger of foot issues.
- Peripheral artery disease (pad) implies narrowing and solidifying of veins. It causes torment in the calf muscles while strolling and in some cases even ulcers because of absence of oxygen supply to these tissues.
- Peripheral neuropathy alludes to harm to the little nerves in feet because of diabetes. Side effects incorporate diminished sensation in the nerves of the legs and feet, making it hard to see wounds because of absence of feeling. It additionally causes shivering, agony, or smoldering in the included ranges.
- Notwithstanding these, diabetic patients may encounter changed foot issues like abundance as corns, calluses, ulcers, agonizing occasions, for example, bunions and contagious diseases.
What precautions should a diabetic patient take?
It is fundamental for a diabetic patient to deal with his/her feet and take essential precautionary measures. Some essential foot care tips incorporate
1. Be vigilant. Investigate your feet every day before you start your day. Search for lesions, injuries, cuts, blisters and calluses on your feet.
2. Wash and wipe your feet every day with lukewarm water along these lines decreasing the odds of diseases. Ensure the toes are dry.
3. While rejuvenating or pampering your body with oils/cream make sure your feet is not wet that might create inffection. Apply the moisturizer simply after you have dried your feet.
4. Nails ought to be precisely trimmed; cut your nails straight over the length and not from the corners.
5. Amid work hours attempt to sit upright; change stances to abstain from being in one position for long; helps in directing sugar levels.
6. Amid extended periods of travel, move your feet at customary interims to guarantee an unfaltering blood supply to feet.
7. Pick a tolerable pair of shoes that fits well and shields you from stumbling and wounding. Relaxation for your is as essential as is for you.
8. Orthotic footwear can be a decent pick for those confronting serious footcare issues. Maintain a strategic distance from plastic or vinyl based shoes.
9. You can likewise keep a foot dairy or set up a schedule reserved for your foot care regimen.
When a doctor should be consulted?
• Check for paleness/numbness in your feet, a sign for broken nerve conduction. Pink and red feet may not generally be a pointer of goodfeet; rather are characteristic of over the top blood stream denied of sugars. On the contrary if it reoccurs consult the specialist
• Check for undesirable development; these for the most part develop on regions of relentless weight. Make sure that you don’t incise them all by yourself. Rather consult a specialist.
• Area under the toe, has a few layers of skin and takes the greater part of your body weight. Subsequently, can be another site of callus development.
• In extreme cases, when an injury has taken over two days to recuperate, instantly reach to a podiatrist/specialist. Postponements can prompt disintegration of the injury site.
In this way, take out some time each day and assess your feet precisely. Recall that it is these sound feet that is going to take you to places! stay healthy, stay happy!
My mom is 69 years old she is suffering from pain in the kneecap and now if she sits if is little difficult to stand immediately. Kindly suggest as she need a remedy for the same. She is a diabetic patient - primary level she has pressure level - low.
Hi doctor I am diabetic, want to know. Can I eat roasted chana and if so what quantity should I take?
Hi my mom is 55 years old. She has diabetes and not been able to sleep in night but can sleep in morning. What can I do please help.
I am 72. I am diabetes and heart and bp patient but under medical care and control. I am having anxiety disorder. My cardiologist prescribed alprazolam 10 mg. But not effective another doctor added amytripline hcl 10mg in addition. I get sleep but always feel insecure. Even small adverse happenings make me go restless. What else can be made to become normal in this evening of my life?
Allopathy Doctors discourage eating Bananas since high sugar content. For type 2 diabetic patients is it banned. Please advise.
My age is 46 yrs. Recent diabetic test result is FBS 168 mg/dL and PP is 311 mg/dL. I am using OBIMET SR 500 1 tablet daily in the morning after breakfast. Please advise if the medication and dosage is OK? Should I change the medication?
I am 32 years old. I tested blood sugar 157. It is good or bad, if bad give me suggestion. Amar. Shaw2@gmail. Com?
Is IME 9 is really controlling sugar levels. My grandma having sugar from past 10 years and now she is using insulin, can she take that medicine will there any problem or not? Is it really works .can she stop insulin and use that product. Please tell me if there any problem.
Diabetes? if blood sugar is consistantly high, over time it can affect the heart, eyes, kidneys, nerves, and other parts of the body. These problems are called complications. Sometimes people with diabetes don't realize that they have the disease until they begin to have other health problems. For example, a doctor or health care provider may detect signs of diabetes damage even though the patient does not know that he/she has the disease.
Hi, this is Dr Umesh Alegaonkar from Thane, Sampada Hospital. I am going to discuss on current hot topic in medical field which is affecting most communities Diabetes, Vit-D deficiency, Hyper or Hypo perathydism and various other deficiencies.
First talking about the Diabetes itself as a WHO has declared India to be the hot and capital of the Diabetes. We are currently facing the huge socio economic burden regarding the management of Diabetology. Management of diabetic illness is apart from the investigation part of the treatment and the complications causing the huge tall on the socio econimic society.
Let me be very clear that it is going to be a silent killer and maximum number of casuality is banned by the Indian communities because of the lifestyle which currently been changed. Accidentary lifestyle, alcohol associated and the smoking. The blood pressure and diabetes which comes along with the diabetology become the integral part of the diabetology and the accelerated complications.
Juvenile diabetes is also currently a hot topic which remains highly under diagnosed. Sugar, blood rise, getting it detected below the age of 35 years or the very younger age, it still remian the untouched problem in the society. Basically the awareness needs to be created regarding the Juvenile diabetes because patients at the earlier age gets diabetes faces complications for the long period and more number of complications, multiple number of hospitalizations there which comes under the Juvenile diabetes.
Apart from that, the diabetes is giving complications such as the strokes, and the heart attacks, renal failure, liver failure and the related diabetic foot ulcers which gives enormous kind of complications. Patient literally suffer from non healing ulcers, amputation of the limbs and patients may also face systematic failure in the multiple organ diseases.
My urge is that the timely checkup and the regular checkup of your blood sugar and the time to time consultation with the diabetologist may help decrease the diabetic complications and patient may feel at ease.
For further information regarding this, please contact me through lybrate.com.