Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My wife is 28 years old. After her second pregnancy, her one breast remain small in comparison with the other breast. A period of 2 years and 5 months has pass out after that second pregnancy but the breast is still small. What should we do to overcome this problem?
I am 18 years old and have PCOD. My Free Testosterone, DHEA-S, Thyroid Function Tests are within normal limits. My problems are excessive fall of hair, acne and hypomenorrhoea. What should be the management?
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a process wherein an egg is fertilized by a sperm in a laboratory dish to form the embryo (baby's first cell) which after growth in artificial medium in the lab is transferred into the uterus of women.
Reasons that make IVF a popular procedure:
- Harvests multiple eggs: If you are planning to have more than one child, via IVF you can freeze multiple eggs for future use. Unused or spare embryos can be donated to medical organisations for research purposes or to another couple willing to have a child.IVF has proven successful in giving couples a wholesome and happy life.
- High success rates: Women who underwent in vitro fertilisation using fresh embryos of their own fresh eggs, the projected live birth percentage was 32.2% for those under 35 years, 27.7% for women aged between 35 and 37 years, lowering to 5.0% in 43 to 44 year olds and 1.9% for ages above 45. It has been proved that a female's ability to conceive decreases with age. If infertility is detected at a younger age, the process of IVF is highly advantageous and successfully results in childbirth.
- Proven track record: Technology has come a long way since the first baby via IVF Louise Brown was born in 1978 using a natural IVF. Medical techniques have advanced to create safer and successful treatment. The usage of the safest forms of IVF with low drug regimens today, have prevented side effects such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
Fibroid size of uterus is non-harmful till what size, my sis is 10cm, not willing for surgery, is it an emergency.?
Does dancing loosens vagina as I am not virgin and I do dance daily as a exercise someone hav told me dat dance make vagina tighter but I am confused whether dance loosens vagina or tightens it.
I am pregnant since 3 months. May I know why I am Suffering from severe back pain and foot pain? And what should be done for the recovery?
Hi i am 18 years old and my problem is that my bleeding is not stopping from more than 7 days please suggest me tablet for stopping it.
I had an operation of uterus removal last year because of the problem of heavy bleeding. Later it cause to several other problems (after operation. Like gradual weight gain. I do exercise but it causes muscles pain. And I have joint pain in my body. So I was unable to continue with the exercise. Other main cause is fatigue. I feel weakness in my body. I want to lose weight and I want a proper diet chart according to my age and my health condition.
I have no period for last 45 days and I am not a pregnant its problems was 2 years my period disturb pleas suggest what I do.
I have mensuration problem. I don't get regular menses. I am already taking medicine. Please suggest me something.
In an incredibly fast paced and unhealthy lifestyle of the modern world, irregular menses aren’t exactly an unusual situation. The length of a monthly cycle may either last longer than usual or end earlier than usual, only to begin in a short while again, accompanied by greater abdominal pain and blood loss. Irregular cycles may vary from 8 to 21 days or more. The variation of 21 days or more is considered highly irregular and abnormal. A woman may face some menstrual irregularities at both ends of menstrual life, (onset- menarche and end of cycle- menopause) which is normal and in most of the cases, it is self-establishing.
Causes of Irregular Menstrual Cycle:
The cause of irregularities in menstrual cycle is basically hormone imbalance. The altered levels in the body lead to irregular cycles. There are many factors in routine life which affect hormonal balance. Some of them are:
- Poor diet or wrong dietary habits
- Stress and anxiety, thoughts and emotions
- Lifestyle: Lack of physical activity and exercise, too much physical exertion, stress and strain during menses.
- Illness: Long-term illness like fever, tuberculosis, thyroid problem etc.
- Medication: Certain medicine if taken for a long time, like oral contraceptive pills, hormonal therapy etc., alters hormonal balance.
- Imbalance of Tridosha (vatta, pitta and kapha) in body, leads to irregularities of reproductive system.
As per Ayurveda, Vatta is the main culprit in menstrual irregularities.
How To Deal With Menstrual Irregularities:
With the sudden acceptance of eastern concepts of yoga and organic and indigenous medicines around the world, Ayurveda has gained importance in treating irregular menses, gynecological and obstetric problems.
- Lifestyle and Food- There is no alternative for lifestyle and food habits correction. Eating healthy and nutritious food, regular exercise, yoga, physical activity, outdoor games lead to good physical health.
- Meditation and Breathing: Exercise is good for taming hormones. It keeps a person physical and mentally healthy.
- Avoid heavy physical work during menses.
- A good oil massage over body keeps Vatta in balance (one of the important tridoshas of body: vatta, pitta and kapha).
Ayurveda has proven to be much helpful in regulating the menstrual cycles. According to certain studies, Ayurveda came in rather handy while tackling PCOS, a disease distressing 1 in 3 women today. It is certain that Ayurveda medicines work better in certain scenarios and definitely have fewer risks in comparison to allopathic medicines and surgeries. Over a period of time, they have proven much more beneficial in overcoming the irregular menses and the irritation along with the accompanying pain and PMS symptoms. Ayurvedic medicines use herbs and roots and almost everything found in nature to discover a rather organic cure for diseases. Certain plants like Shatavari are used to reduce the much spoken about mood swings or PMS symptoms during periods which can only worsen in case of an irregularity. The bark of the Ashoka tree has proven to be quite helpful in relieving menstrual pain and excessive bleeding. Other plants and their parts like the Lodhra, Guggul, Guduchi and Amlaki, Jatamansi etc. are useful in regulating periods and reducing the stress and irritation accompanied by it.
Panchkarma- Basti therapy (Enema- administration of medicines through rectal route). In this treatment, decoction of different herbs and medicated oils are used for giving enema. Basti has proven its efficacy since centuries, for treating Vatta. A course of 5, 8, 15, 30 or 60 basti, as per person’s requirement can be given for menstrual problems. Irregular periods, although are faced by a large chunk of women, pose different symptoms for different people and hence individualized treatment is advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.