Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nagamani DYour feedback matters!
My wife is 35 years old. She is having periods for every 15 days from 45 days. In 2009 she had been suggested with mirena, we went with mirena in 2009 and removed it in 2015. There was no problem even after removing mirena but from last 2 month she is having heavy bleed with pain and also becoming very weak. Please suggest me with good advice and treatment and we are undergoing all medications according to my regular gynaecologist.
My age 25 years I am not getting periods regularly sometimes 3 to 4 months also not getting periods what the precaution s for regular periods.
What are the basic precautions that we have to take during pregnancy. Is there anything that we don't have to eat this and that?
Doctor I have had unprotected sex after a few minutes when I saw I am bleeding i.e my period came, should I take I pill? Is der another way without tkng dt emergency pill?
I am 27 years old Female I am suffering from diabetes last 4 years. From last 4 years I am insulin depended. Now I am pregnant from last 4 months. But my sugar level is not stable its to high.
Hi actually I ask personal question I was married last two years but I don't know my vagina is very loose please give me and how to tight and I am too weak and how to increase my weight.
If I do sex without condom with my partner and ejaculate inside then what would be the probability of getting her pregnant, if both of us are fully functional. Is there any time period during the menstrual cycle, during which we can do sex without any protection and still avoid pregnancy without any pills? And also what is good time for sexual intercourse to create a ZYGOTE. Please take menstruation as reference point for both questions.
Many men claim to get by on 4 to 5 hours of sleep a day, but robbing the body of its required sleep has a number of side effects. The human body requires a minimum of 8 hours of sleep a day. There are two main reasons men don't get enough sleep: intentionally staying awake late at night and sleep disorders, such as insomnia, sleep apnea etc.
Here's how depriving your body of sleep can harm your sexual health:
- Less testosterone: The male body produces testosterone while he sleeps. When the body does not get adequate sleep and rest, it produces less testosterone. As the insomnia continues, this situation worsens. This leads to a low sex drive and poor libido.
- Low self esteem: Testosterone also influences the way the body stores fat and hence less testosterone can also lead to gynecomastia. This is condition where male bodies develop breasts as a result of an increase in body fat. Lowered testosterone levels in a male body also lead to reduced muscle strength and hence an overall lower sense of well-being.
- Erectile dysfunction: Inadequate sleep can result in obstructive sleep apnea. This is linked to the lowered levels of testosterone in the body as patients with sleep apnea do not reach the stage of REM sleep when testosterone is produced. Thus, sleep apnea can lead to erectile dysfunction where a man is unable to get or maintain an erection while having sex.
- Low sperm count: Testosterone plays an important role in sperm production. The relation between the two is simple: the higher the testosterone levels; the more the body produces sperm. Thus, if you do not get adequate sleep, your sperm count can be affected leading to infertility.
- Sexual misunderstanding: Sleep deprivation can affect your decision making and understanding of the other person's intentions. Thus, if you haven't slept properly, you are more likely to make uncalled for sexual advances and misunderstand your partner's sexual expectations.
- Accelerates aging: The body sheds dead cells and grows new cells while it sleeps. Thus, if the body is deprived of adequate sleep, the gaining process is accelerated. Not only does this bring on an early onset of wrinkles but it also lowers your sexual drive. Lowered testosterone may also lead to early balding.
- Fatigue: If the body doesn't get its required rest, you start the day feeling tired instead of refreshed. As the day goes on, this tiredness increases and is accompanied by irritability and aggression. When you're in such a bad moon and constantly tired the chances of wanting to be physically intimate with another person decrease.
I had sex with my boyfriend on 12th june he used condom as well as without condom also we had sex I lost my virginity. After next day my left abdomen started paining so I was scaring that I did not become pregnant so after 24 hrs I took ipill. Bt thing is I got my periods too early I mean today early mrng (21st june) I am shocked how can it be possible 2 times periods in only 1 month. Last my period was there on 5th june to 8th june now again after 13 days I got my periods pls help me I am unable toh understand my I got my periods 2 times in a month is there any pregnancy chances?
I am 22 years old female. I am having problem of irregular periods. I usually have 6 or 7 periods in a year and abnormal loss of blood some time less or some time more than normal.
Christmas would be incomplete without a delicious Christmas plum cake. This lovely cake is rich in fresh and dried fruits and is soaked in brandy or orange liquor. Preparations for this cake often start a month before Christmas as the fruits are cut and soaked in alcohol until it is time to bake them. Here are 8 fascinating facts about this Christmas cake.
- It has a really long shelf life: Christmas cake or fruitcake can last for months and years. This may be because of the alcohol content in the cake. Many families keep aside a part of the Christmas cake to be eaten during Easter. The longevity of this cake is also why it is the perfect packed food for hunters and travellers.
- It is packed with energy: Christmas cake has a high ratio of fruits to flour and hence is packed with nutrients. On the flip side, this isn’t a cake you want to snack on as it can also increase your waistline.
- Naturally dried fruits are the key to a good Christmas cake: Christmas cake is said to be an acquired taste. However, the key to make a good Christmas cake is to avoid glazed and candied fruits and instead use naturally sweetened and dried fruits. This makes the cake healthier and much more wholesome.
- You can put any fruit into Christmas cake: Christmas fruit cake is an all inclusive cake. A Christmas cake can be made with fresh fruits, dried fruits or a mixture of the two. However, fresh fruit cake has a shorter life span than dried fruit cake.
- It gets better with time: Like wine, Christmas cake ages and tastes better with time. Christmas cake can also be revived, if it has dried out. For this, all you have to do is, steam the cake and drizzle a little more alcohol over it.
- It is a very old recipe: Christmas cake is said to date back to the Roman empire. The Romans used a mixture of pine nuts, barley, raisins, sweetened wine and pomegranate seeds to make a version of the Christmas cake known as satura. However, it was only in the 16th century that it gained popularity.
- The origins of Christmas cake lies in a meat pie: Christmas cake has evolved from the plum pudding. This plum pudding was originally a pie of mixed minced meats and fruits. With time, the meat was removed and only the fruits remained. Later, spice and dried fruits were added to the recipe to give us a modern day Christmas cake.
- Christmas cake was traditionally not eaten on Christmas day: Christmas cake was originally eaten on the twelfth day of Christmas. For this reason, it was also known as the twelfth night cake.
I'm suffering from irregular periods and doctors told me that it is pcod wat is the solution for pcod.
Sex, alcohol, and drugs at a glance:
Being drunk or high can cause you to do sexual things that you wouldn't normally want to do.
Mixing sex with drugs and alcohol can increase your risk of unintended pregnancy and STDs.
If you have sex with someone who's drunk or high, it could be considered a crime.
How do alcohol and drugs affect my sex life?
For starters, drugs and underage drinking are illegal. But also, getting drunk or high can cause problems in your sex life — and your relationships.
Mixing drugs (including alcohol) with sex is a bad idea because it can:
Make people have sex or do sexual things they wouldn't want to do if they were sober. Drugs and alcohol affect consent.
Make you forget to have safer sex.
Make you use condoms and birth control wrong.
Make it harder to orgasm (cum).
Make it difficult for guys to get and keep erections.
How can drugs and alcohol affect my decisions about sex?
Drugs and alcohol cloud your judgment. Choices about what music to listen to or what movie to see aren't very important. But the decision to have sex is a big one. Lots of young adults say they've done more sexual stuff after drinking or doing drugs than they'd planned.
And if you're drunk or high, you might not use condoms correctly, or you might forget to use them at all. So mixing sex with alcohol or other drugs increases your risk for unintended pregnancy and STDs.