Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N S Arun
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. N S ArunYour feedback matters!
The knee is a very important joint of your body as it takes the majority of the body weight when you are standing up, walking or running. However, there may be many things you do daily which have been slowly reducing the capacity of your knees or damaging them. Some of the tips mentioned below reduce the unnecessary stress on your knees and prevent knee pain.
- Get the correct shoes and change them regularly: The shoes that you wear regularly determine your posture and thus how well your weight is distributed. If you have the wrong shoes or they have been worn out or have uneven soles after prolonged use, then the resulting imbalance could hurt your knees and cause problems.
- Wear protection: You could face serious down time or limitations in movement, if you don’t protect your knees while playing amateur sports or even during recreational sporting activities. Wear knee protection at all times if you think there is a risk of injury.
- Stretch before exercising: Always ensure your joints, especially your knee is warmed up so that it can take the impact shocks of exercises such as lifting weights or running. This will also help warm up your muscles and ensure an efficient, injury free work out.
- Lose weight: Excess weight over a prolonged period will make your knees weaker. Thus it is important to lose weight, without putting too much stress on the knees first so as to give them time to recover. Once your knees can take your weight without pain, you can go for heavier forms of exercise to enable even further weight loss.
- Swimming or walking: When running or heavy lifting seems to be taking a toll on your knees, then you can try to go for swimming and walking which will still be a good work outs without being too taxing on the knees.
- Try physical therapy or massages: You can take care of your knees with the help of massages and physical therapy. An injured tendon or cartilage tends to get injured regularly that can be corrected through physical therapy, yoga and massages.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Y young people have back pain. Nd also weakness every day nd they have stress please give me a best advice to do hard work.
I working in a private firm had to sit 9-12 hours in the office.I have backache from last 6 months what to do and sometime I feel massive pain in my back just because of that could not even walk a single step.
I have uric acid 0.4 more than required. Due to which some times joint pains. How to control this. Is there any home remedy.
The various movements of the body are enabled by the way the bones work with each other and allow for various movements. You cannot perform a single movement without the coordination of the various joints and bones. It is also for the same reason that joint pains are so common. Accidents, sports injuries, play area injuries, and general ageing are some of the causes that can result in joint pain. There are definitely ways to treat them, but at the same time, preventing them also can be helpful. Read on to know some of the ways to prevent and manage joint pains.
Precautionary measure: For children, ensure they are playing under the supervision of an adult and are wearing sufficient protective gear in the form of helmets, wrist/elbow guards, etc. The same goes for athletes who are prone to injuries. It is always prudent to know your physical limits and not stretch your body constantly. This will go a long way in reducing injuries. Always keep a first-aid kit in your sports bag so that you can manage the pain at the earliest.
If prevention does not work, and injuries do happen, some of the ways to manage them are outlined below.
- Cryotherapy/ice therapy: By reducing the blood flow to the affected joint, ice helps in reducing the pain and swelling, which are usually the prominent symptoms of any joint injury. Using an ice pack for 15 to 20 minutes every hour is greatly useful in reducing the pain. This can be continued for the next few days until the pain stops. Avoid ice burns by not applying ice directly on the skin; instead, wrap it in a towel or a soft cotton cloth.
- Oil massages: Natural oils can be used to massage the affected joints which also greatly reduce pain. Oils which contain menthol or give a topical soothing effect are highly recommended. If you are unable to do it at home, seek professional help for the same.
- Hydrotherapy: Warm baths with salts added for extra benefit can provide soothing relief from joint pains. Try these before going to bed to also get good sleep.
- Herbal mixes: Tea bags and other herbal mixes can also be used to relieve joint pains. These may work for some and may not work for others. As these are external applications, you can give it a try.
- Immobilise the area: The affected joint should be immobilised completely or partially, depending on the extent of damage.
- Physiotherapy: While initially the joint needs to be rested, getting into a physical exercise routine with inputs from a physiotherapist is very essential to avoid long-term immobility.
- Medications: Non-steroidal pain killers are another proven method to manage joint pains. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.