Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. MilinYour feedback matters!
I have gastric problem and constipation regularly, so please suggest some medicine and few tips for gastric, acidity, co. 1 DOCTOR ANSWERED.
4 or 5 days ago I had tight stool. Now it is OK but I found some blood with stool and feel slight itching during latrine. Please prescribe medicine and the reason for this problem.
Hello, From past few weeks sometime blood comes out from my anus but there is no burning sensation. Also a lump has formed near anus area, but that is not too big. I have taken zenflox for 5 days and pilex by himalaya I am taking. I am drinking 7 ltr of water approx and have cut down all spicy food. Do I need to go for surgery? What will be cost if I need to go for surgery?
I m 23year old. Before 2year I m suffering from piles and fistula. Please suggest me some medicine and home treatment.
1) My wife has Stomach pain on right side. We have done health checkup the reports are normal only the WBC count is 12,600. 2) Regarding teeth, there are 5-6 teeth issues , required cleaning and filling so how much will be charges for such treatments.
Hi doctor, I am having stomach noises after eating, having anxiety attacks. Taken several drugs and symptoms seems to return after drugs, recently diagnosed with chronic gastritis after upper endoscopy, currently taking nexium, no more heartburns but I still have stomach discomfort and anxiety. This happens especially when I am stress, as little as reading a courseware or just about any mental task.
My father is 63 year old. He has gas trouble in morning. He is blood pressure patient. And he always maintains healthy diet and exercise. He eat ulcino d tablets in morning and night. But still gas trouble occurs and tendency for vomiting while eating food. What is the reason behind this?
Hi, me and my planning for second child, from last 9 years, but we are not getting success, my wife got miscarriage 2 times from last 2 years. My age is 36 and my wife is 35, She has diabetes, thyroid, and stone problem. Please suggest on this.
I have a stone in my stomach and I want to help for this I'll. I need best Suggestions for this. Help me.
I am suffering from gas trouble and I am using esomeprazole 40 mg regularly from last 5 years. Is it safe to use for such a long time? What is the ssfe alternative? Pl suggest some solution. I am 48 years old. Daily I am taking BISOPROLOL5 MG (LODOZ 5 MG. In the morning) and CONCOR 5 MG. In the night for Hyper tension and clopidogrel 75 mg and Atorvastatin 10 mg daily once.
Excessive gas can be defined as bloating, belching, flatulence and burping. It does not matter what you call it but what matters is how you treat it and get relieved from the embarrassing symptoms.
Here are some ways in which you can avoid gastric problems:
- Avoid eating foods that can cause gas or acidity. The vegetables which are known to cause acidity are Brussels, onions, garlic and broccoli; dairy products like cheese, milk, ice cream and whole grains can cause acidity. The reason is that these products have fiber, starch and sugar which cannot be digested easily thus causing pain in the intestines. Fruit which contain sorbitol and aerated drinks should also be avoided. Eat everything but in moderation.
- Avoid drinking before meals as the stomach acids are lost and the food cannot be digested well. Water and liquids should be had half an hour after a meal for a better digestion.
- Food should be eaten slowly. Eating and drinking fast allows a lot of air to go in the stomach with the food. This in turn can cause a stomach pain.
- Over the counter drugs can be taken for immediate help in digestion. These medicines contain enzymes which aid in digestion. The enzyme works to dissolve the sugar that is found in many vegetable and fruit.
- Do not fill air in the stomach. Some habits like chewing gum, drinking from a straw, smoking causes the air to fill in the stomach, thereby, leading to gas.
- Artificial sweeteners such as Sorbitol should be avoided as these are difficult to digest and can easily lead to a feeling of bloating.
However, all the pains might not be due to gas and could be a sign of something serious. These could be:
- Lactose intolerance: This is the inability to digest milk and milk products. The sugar in the milk known as lactose and cannot be digested easily.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: People who suffer with pain in the lower abdomen constantly might be suffering from IBS.
- Colon cancer: If the pain lasts too long then getting a screening done is a good idea to rule out if one is suffering from colon cancer or not.
- Upper gastrointestinal disorders: If one gets belching occasionally then it is alright but a constant belching might be a sign of gastrointestinal disorder in the upper tract. These could be gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastroparesis, or peptic ulcers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
An infant is usually called a bundle of joy and with good reason. There are simple and carefree, and bring a smile to your face with their antics. However, the mood and health of an infant can be tarnished due to an issue which is known as galactosemia.
What is Galactosemia?
When a baby has galactosemia, he or she will have a problem when it comes to digesting galactose, which is something that is present not only in milk but in all milk products. Galactose is a sort of sugar, just like fructose and glucose is. As a matter of fact, lactose, which is what milk has, is, in fact, a combination of glucose and galactose. Also, when lactose is processed, it is broken down by the human body into its constituents.
The condition is something that is passed down through the genes of the parents of the baby. The condition would occur if the gene which causes a tendency for a baby to have galactosemia is present not only in one parent but both of them. A baby who has the condition will be lacking an enzyme which is known as the GALT enzyme. The enzyme could also not be functioning as it should be under normal circumstances.
When it comes to the problem, it is very important, to say the least, to detect it sooner rather than later as if there is a build-up of unprocessed galactose which is allowed to occur, it can affect the baby adversely and in some cases, it can also be threatening to the life of the baby!
How does it affect a baby?
The problems which can erupt due to galactosemia include issues which affect organs such as the brain, eyes, liver and kidneys. It is interesting to take note of the fact that these are all organs which either have something to do either processing the blood or are heavily dependent on it. While a baby is not in the position in which he or she can communicate the issues that are being faced, when keeping an eye out for galactosemia, the signs which are displayed include an irritability of the baby as well as lacking consumption of the milk of the mother.
Even though galactosemia may not be the case, a doctor should be consulted as the exacerbated issue can include seizures and jaundice. It is to be kept in mind that galactose is something that can be found not only in the milk of the cow but also human milk as well as the milk of other animals such as goats.