Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Matta Janakiram ReddyYour feedback matters!
I have dental problem for last 6 months its like old mans teeth, can you suggest me how to protect my teeth and how to control it help us.
I have complete my Rct last week but after few days I am not able to open my mouth widely and I am not able to eat properly. please give me advice I took arthodec MR for three days.
I am male and 25 years old. Even in the presence of saliva I feel thirsty and vomit. I am facing this problem from around 3 years. Even it has become difficult for me to speak. I have got frustrated because I cannot face interview, and several things due to this problem. So please help me.
I am a 35 years old male, I suffered bad smell my mouth last 6 months, whether cool & rain season this smell is came, what I should do?
I am 20 years old. I am suffering lot of dental problems. All molar expt third molar are filled amalgam. I have done rootcanal treatment fot my later incisor and 2premolar. And 1 later incisor is lost and doctor said to root canal treatment. 2teeth 1molar and premolar are removed. What ido to conserve the remaining? what is the reason for this problems? I brush twice a day?.
Frequently I'm getting fever and my teeth are yellow with pain chin how can I overcome these problems?
I used to smoking before about 3 months ago. I got blood in saliva and I scared then I decided to stop smoking. Because of I were getting that problem again I went for check up in bhopal and then they said to me its happen they checked me and said its because you do cough more. and it almost stopped. Now these days I got fever and have been coughing up for 2 days and I found blood my saliva again but not in cough. I'm very scared tell me what to do.
I have a bridge in right side of my upper jaw. Its sensitive now. She'll I remove my bridge and do implantation?
Poor dental habits often invariably lead to complicated dental issues and hence expensive treatments. And, to maintain the general good health of your teeth, brushing is not enough. It is very important to regularly floss too.
Difference between brushing and flossing: For those who consider brushing and flossing to be similar, here is where the difference lies. While you brush your teeth, it's only the surface that gets cleaned. But the dirt that gets accumulated between the gaps of your teeth can only be cleaned by using a thin nylon thread, and that process is known as flossing. Avoiding flossing can lead to cavities and decay and also gum diseases at times.
Benefits of Flossing:
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases: Periodontal diseases, that is, diseases of the teeth, gums and mouth, can lead to heart diseases. Thus maintaining oral health can reduce the risk of any major ailments manifold. It can also help you to avoid the risk of diabetes and high body mass index.
- Cleaner breath: Flossing cleans the dirt between the teeth that gets accumulated when we eat. The accumulated food, if not taken out, starts decaying and creates bacteria and results in bad breath, leaving a bad impression.
- Cleaner and glossier teeth: Flossing regularly keeps your teeth clean and white. It also makes your teeth gleam, making your smile more attractive.
- Keeps you healthy while you are pregnant: During pregnancy, some women suffer from enamel wear and gum diseases. Thus, flossing regularly even while you are pregnant can help you maintain your dental health.
Types of dental floss:
- Waxed and unwaxed dental floss: Waxed dental floss is much smoother than the unwaxed version, and as a result, moves more easily between the teeth. On the other hand, unwaxed dental floss can be a little rough to use in the beginning.
- Teflon floss: Made of Teflon, this type of floss is extremely easy to navigate between the teeth and rarely gets stuck between teeth.
- Thread floss: This one works just like the other flosses, but is simply made of a different material, that is, nylon.
- Tape Floss: As compared to the other type of flosses, this particular floss is a little thick and is suitable for people who have wider gaps between their teeth.
You can also stick to flossing aids for maintaining proper dental hygiene. They are usually perfect for people who find the conventional forms difficult to adapt to. However, such aids may be more expensive than regular flosses.
You can also use a toothpick or an interdental brush in case you wish to avoid flossing. Just make sure that the dirt comes out, no matter which method you take up! Keep Smiling!
In my mouth I had a dot of white patch I mean mouth ulcer from. Four days please suggest me some tablets.
From yesterday onwards. My teeth is plain so much (at right side. At night pain is so increase. So what can I do with my pain. Give me answer for that.
I have leaukoplakia and there are white lesions under my tongue, they go and come back, now they have become ulcer like and eating has become irritating in that particular area. I want that lesions go away.
Everybody wants that perfect smile showing off pearly white teeth, but not many have it. There is a constant try to improve the smile by making the teeth whiter and brighter. Teeth can be discolored intrinsically or extrinsically. They acquire different shades and sometimes even different colors like brown and black, making them stand out as extremely odd. Teeth change color either due to intrinsic or extrinsic reasons. Intrinsic is when minerals like fluoride get incorporated into the tooth, giving it white irregular spots. Aging also causes intrinsic staining, turning them to a pale yellow shade. This is more difficult to remove than the extrinsic coloring. Also, teeth change color due to extrinsic causes like food substances, smoking, medications, tobacco usage, poor oral hygiene, etc.
The introduction of tooth bleaching came as boon to those who were unhappy with their teeth color. Whitening can also be done in the dentist's office or at home by the patients themselves. Though over-the-counter bleaching agents are available, it is always advised to consult a dentist and then choose the appropriate material. The time of each application and the duration of the entire treatment are best decided by the dentist. The product provided by the dentist would be stronger and will produce quicker results than the ones available in the market.
At Home Bleaching: The dentist will take impressions of upper the lower jaws and fabricate customized trays. The right material is then chosen, which is applied on these trays and left in place for the desired amount of time. This needs to be repeated for a time decided by the dentist depending on how much whitening is desired. The desired color is usually achieved in about 4 weeks' time.
In-House Bleaching: This will require multiple visits to the dentist, usually about 1 to 3, of about 30 to 90 minutes each. The gums are first protected and then the bleaching agent is applied. It could require laser for activation in some cases. If the desired color is not achieved, it could be followed by a couple of applications at home. In some cases, there could be minor complications including gum irritation and increased tooth sensitivity. This is caused by the hydrogen peroxide, which is the standard component in all bleaching agents. The whitening process can be repeated at desired intervals to add that extra sparkle. Once the trays are fabricated, the bleaching agent can be used multiple times.
Teeth Whitening: Why You Should Talk to Your Dentist:
- Tooth bleaching can make teeth temporarily sensitive or be uncomfortable for people who already have sensitive teeth. When used incorrectly, home kits can also lead to burned and even temporarily bleached gums.
- Tooth whitening works best for people with yellow teeth and is less effective for people with brown teeth. If your teeth are gray or purple, tooth bleaching probably won't work at all.
- To be sure of tooth whitening is worth your time and money, talk to your dentist before you use an over-the-counter tooth whitening kit.
If you are not happy with the color of your teeth, talk to your dentist about what is the best method to change their color. The results could leave you surprised with a white, bright smile.
According to studies, the majority of the world population has at least one missing tooth, when it comes to dental health. Usually, one of the back teeth is missing. Most people do not care about a missing tooth as it is not visible and does not affect one's image. However, a missing back tooth is a matter of concern, and it matters. This is because of the tooth's function and also because bone loss occurs when a back tooth is lost.
Wisdom Tooth: Wisdom tooth or 3rd molar extraction The wisdom teeth, also known as the third molars, are the final set of molars to erupt. Not everyone keeps these teeth, nor are they necessary for having a healthy, beautiful smile. In fact, they can cause harm if they do not come in properly. When these molars come in, usually between the ages of 16 and 20, there may not be enough room left for them to erupt. As a result, they can emerge at an angle, they may crowd the mouth and sometimes they don't fully emerge. This can lead to future oral health problems like infections and pain. So, it should be extracted.
Effects of a lost back tooth: A lost back tooth should not be ignored, even though it did not cause you much inconvenience initially. The problems start occurring slowly and when they reach a fatal stage, a lot of dental problems are likely to occur. A lost tooth causes several problems and damage to your oral health and appearance if you leave it unattended.
Here are the negative effects of a lost back tooth:
- The alveolar bone, which surrounds the teeth requires a good amount of regular stimulation for maintaining health. The lack of stimulation will slowly make the bone waste away.
- With a missing back tooth, the bone width is likely to decrease by 25% within a year and will continue decreasing with the passage of time.
- The bone loss which occurs due to a missing back tooth will also cause problems in chewing food, and the back molars are designed especially for chewing and grinding food. Your speech will also be affected because of a missing back tooth.
- Extensive bone loss can even lead to negative changes in the facial shape. The facial shape also collapses in some cases. This will affect your appearance and will lead to low self-esteem and self-confidence.
Dental Implants: an ideal remedy for a lost back tooth: The best remedy for a missing back tooth is to get a dental tooth implant. Dental implants work effectively to maintain the bone structure. This is because the implants are fused directly into the bone. The bone can function properly and stay healthy after a dental implant is fused into it. You should consult a dentist to choose the best type of dental implant to replace your lost back tooth. Once the implant is installed, your dental functioning will return to normal soon. Little time is required to get adjusted to the implant.
If a back tooth is lost, you will surely miss it. A lost back tooth can affect your overall dental health, may cause bone loss and can even change your facial shape. Dental tooth implants should be used to replace a lost back tooth for maintaining good dental health.