Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manohar Raheja
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manohar RahejaYour feedback matters!
I have headache from today. Whenever I go to crowded place or in noon my head starting pain and get relief only from taking medicine. please prescribe any medicine that eradicate it properly.
I have a problem, After sleeping in the night, I hold the main part and rub of all the people who sleep with me but I do not remember anything. It happens so many times, it makes me very nervous.
Hi I am 25 years old female. I have asthma problem from childhood. Now it has been in extreme condition severe cold cough sometimes earpain chest pain occurs. Please suggest me the medicine.
I am a lecturer Always in my stomach gas sounds loudly. Like some Dom dum sound in stomach while I am teaching. It sounds loudly and I feel very shamed. Pls help me.
I missed pantosecd before food tablet now I have to take nucoxia90 after food. So when shall I take pantocid. Afternoon I don't have any medication. Shall I take pantocid along nucoxia90.
My Balancing Walking Difficulty Interpretation Mnc-Dml Was Prolonged In Bilateral Median And Ulnar Nerves With Decreased Mncv Cmap Amplitude Was Depressed In Right Median And Bilateral Ulnar Nerves However Normal N Left Median Nerve3 Cmap Was Not Readable Peroneal And Tbal Nerves Snc-Sensory Onset Latency Of Bilateral Ulnar Nerves Was Prolonged With Decrease Snap S Amplitude And Sncv Snap S Was Not Readable In Bilateral Median, Sural And Superficial Peroneal Nerves F-Wave Were Prolonged N Right Median And Ulnarnerve, However Not Readable In Rest Nerves Tested H-Reflex Were Absent Bilaterally Conclusion The Ncs Is Suggestive Of Severe Degree Of Diffuse Demyelinating More Than Axonal Sensdorimotor Polyneuropathy In Lower Limbs More Than Upper Limbs. Advised Emg For Further Evaluation.
Pain and sleep together contribute to be a dreadful cycle. Pain and sleep are two aspects, which go hand in hand. The effect of the pain coupled with stress and tension causes detrimental effects on sleep.
- Relationship between the two: Studies show that more than half the percentage of people with chronic pain disorders suffer from sleep problems and more than half of insomniac patients suffer from pain. Pain affects the duration of sleep and pain inflicted people have poor sleep hours. Pain also affects the quality of sleep. While trying to fall asleep, environmental factors such as light, external noise and temperature affect a pain inflicted person more. People suffering from pain have much less control on sleep. They worry about their disrupted sleep cycle, which causes more stress.
- Medications: Medications which treat chronic pain sometimes are responsible for causing sleep disturbances because of the presence of certain chemicals. It is perceived that pain medications would reduce pain and sleep would improve. However, this is not the case and people who take medicines for pain treatment, suffer from disrupted sleep. Sleeping pills do not work effectively in people suffering from pain.
- Effects: Lack of sleep affects your quality of life to a great extent, especially when it is due to pain. Lack of sleep combined with pain will affect any kind of work you undergo and your performance will be dull and sloppy. There will be a degradation in the person's mood, activities and even relationships are affected.
- The disastrous cycle: Sleep and pain create a dangerous cycle. The relationship between sleeplessness and pain is reciprocal in the sense that pain affects and causes difficulty in sleeping, in a continuous pattern and poor sleep further enhances or affects pain. Pain causes disturbances in sleep, gives rise to stress and fatigue and leads to even more pain, which again affects sleep. This process keeps on occurring like a cycle.
- Treatment: For treatment of sleeping disorders due to pain, both the aspects should be addressed. A multidisciplinary approach has to be taken. You can try interventional treatment procedures, which will help you to decrease your level of pain. Along with this, you should consult a behavioral health specialist to get the best remedies on coping with stress. Working these two out will result in decreased pain, decreased stress and your normal sleep will be revitalized.
Pain and sleep together work like a cycle. Excess pain leads to reduced sleep, which causes more pain in return and the cycle carries on. Proper remedies should be taken to get rid of the pain, which would revive good sleep.