Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Manohar KholayYour feedback matters!
Sir I am on panazep 25 and quip SR 300at night and in morning I take panazep LS. I am getting better day by day. But I sometime fill my in very hurry to do anything. Even small things I want to complete in once. Determination in my mind increases too much that time. And on the same time I want get relax my self. I take time to relax my self what is this sir.
Tell me the best oil I should use for hair fall as my hairs have become too dry and hair fall is increasing rapidly i'm scared a lot.
I am 29 years old male, have red/black spots itchy spots in my leg joints. Have used some skin creams, but it can provide temporary relief. What to do for a permanent solution?
Diabetes is a systemic disease that affects almost every part of your body. Of these, the digestive system is the most badly affected. While gastrointestinal disorders are commonly experienced by everyone, diabetics have a much higher risk of suffering from indigestion, food poisoning, gallstones and ulcers. Some of the most common gastrointestinal problems experienced by diabetics are:
- Gastroparesis: High blood sugar levels can damage the vagus nerve that controls the emptying of the stomach. As a result fo this damage, the muscles of the stomach and intestines do not work optimally leading to a condition known as Gastroparesis. This is a condition where the stomach is not able to empty itself properly and the digestion process is slowed down. Gastroparesis can cause bloating, nausea, pain in the abdomen, heart burn and a loss of appetite. It can also cause undigested food in the stomach to harden and form lumps that block food from moving into the intestines. This disease cannot be cured but can be managed with medication and a special diet.
- Ulcers: Stomach ulcers can be described as open sores that develop on the inner lining of the stomach, oesophagus and beginning of the small intestine. These ulcers form as a result of bacterial infections. Diabetes weakens a person’s immune system thus reducing their ability to fight these infections and increasing the risk of developing ulcers. Diabetes also increases the risk of bleeding from these ulcers and secondary infections that may arise from it.
- Yeast infections: Diabetics are extremely vulnerable to yeast infections. This is aggravated by fluctuation in blood sugar levels and can extend from the mouth to the oesophagus. Common symptoms of this type of yeast infection are pain in the throat and difficulty swallowing. It may also cause heartburn and intestinal bleeding if left untreated.
- Celiac sprue: This condition creates gluten allergies and causes the inflammation and thinning of the small intestine’s mucosa. In some cases, this condition may interfere with the absorption of food and lead to diarrhoea and weight loss.
- Diabetic diarrhoea: Patients who have been suffering from diabetes for a few years may experience an increased urge to pass stools frequently. This is usually related to gastric problems in the colon which cause fluids to move at a faster than normal speed through the small bowel and colon. It may also be caused due to the secretion of fluids in the colon and improper absorption of food.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Its been one month 18day I did not have my mensuration. I had a pregnancy test which is negative. Still I am not getting down. Can you please help me out. What should I do?
I have lot of scar on my face and it is like dark spots too. Can you please suggest some remedy to remove this spots.
I would like to know that gaining weight of me I'm trying to find out what the problem on me eating so well but not getting weight. How to get the weight please let me know what the problem on me.
I am 32 years old my vagina is tight and comes smell what is the problem suggest medicine gone vagina smell.
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition:
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition:
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
- Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
- Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
- Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
- Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am 22 years old. Over the past 2 years I have been experiencing hair loss. Now it has stopped but my hair density has reduced largely. Is it possible that my lost hair grows back at this age? And if so how I can I do it?
On my face many pimples and I have use medicine from specialist but that is no effect on me? So what I do?
Heavy pain in growing, when I go for toilet it will pain touch we can't go toilet also. Please help for this pain how it will go?
Gout, a form of arthritis that occurs when high uric acid blood levels cause crystals to form around a joint, is partially connected to diet. Uric acid is produced as your body breaks down purines, found in foods such as meat, seafood and alcohol. Most often, the treatment of gout includes dietary restrictions especially proteins. If you have been diagnosed with gout, random, severe restrictions, especially of proteins, is not needed. You need dietary recommendations, but you can have options and a wide variety of food choices.
Alcohol- You need to limit or avoid alcohol, especially beer when you have an inflammation or attack. You should avoid or limit drinks like soft drinks or juice drinks that are sweetened with high-fructose corn syrup, but you can freely drink homemade fruit juices. Coffee is also an option for gout sufferers. Two cups of coffee a day actually reduce the risk of gout and that increasing coffee consumption decreases uric acid levels.
Protein rich foods-
Animal proteins especially crustaceans like crabs , prawns, and organ meats are problematic as they are high in purines. If you avoid these very high purine foods, you may be able to enjoy a serving of chicken, fish or eggs about twice a week.
Plant-based proteins, such as beans and legumes, are excellent options on a gout diet. If you choose these as your primary protein source, not only will you be avoiding the purines in animal proteins, but you will also be eating less saturated fat. Saturated fat decreases your body's ability to get rid of uric acid, so it may increase the risk of gout symptoms. Again, dairy products such as milk, paneer and yogurt are allowable and decrease the risk of inflammation.
Fruits and vegetables -
Most fruits, vegetables, and whole grains are allowed. Avoid excessive intake of spinach, cauliflower, asparagus and mushrooms. Even high-fructose fruits such as apples, peaches and pears can be kept at three times a week. In addition, whole-grain products are better choices than refined carbohydrates like white bread, maida, and biscuits.
My mother is suffering from ra postive since 14 yrs and taking folotrax 7.5, saaz ds and hcqs but no recovery is seen.She is having pains in all joints.Please guide us
How to gain weight, basically I am weak from childhood, I need your suggestion. Please help me to gain weight. Thank you.
A healthy appetite refers to a positive sign of a healthy wellbeing. Many factors can contribute to loss of appetite, such as emotional disturbances, mild illness or severe health problems.
Loss of appetite can cause depression, appendicitis, thyroid problems, infections, poor nutrition and some types of cancer.
The following are a few tips to maintain a healthy appetite-
It is the most important meal of the day. Consume a healthy balanced breakfast like sprouts, roti, idli, dosa, upma, egg, milk and fruits to help your metabolism get active after a long night fasting. Breakfast will give more energy so that you will be more active throughout the day. It should be full of vitamins, proteins and minerals.
Eat small frequent meals:
Eating small frequent meals rather than three meals a day is an excellent way to build a healthy appetite. It also helps in lessening bloating and sluggishness after eating. Try four to six small meals a day to avoid feeling overly full.
Use aromatic herbs and spices in cooking:
Foods that have very pleasant or fragrant smell might enhance your appetite. Try to add herbs and spices of nice aroma like cinnamon, basil, oregano, asafoetida, etc.
Drinking 4 to 5 liters of water daily is the best for body's temperature regulation and keeping it cool.
Snacks between meals:
Try a small bowl of your favorite snacks like nuts, roasted chickpeas, fruit salads, popcorn, etc. Just remember that snacks are not meant to be eaten instead of meals but in addition to them.
Pick your favorite food items:
Consume those foods, which give satisfaction and that you enjoy.
Eat less fibre food:
It is present in fruits, vegetables and whole grain food and it is an essential component of any healthy diet. It feels like fullness, so the best is to use in moderation.
Regular physical activity is one of the most important things you can do for your health. So, go for a daily brisk walk for approximately 45 minutes, exercises, yoga, meditation, cycling, swimming and always be relaxed.