Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manjunath ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hii doctor I am akash and I feel the the pain in my teeth how can I solve it. please give me advised. I want to tell you when I feel the pain in my teth so I take the clove oil.
I have stains in my teeth. I had it cleaned every 3months basis. Bt it keeps on appearing. Doc advice me not to smoke r drink neither. Bt I am a tetottler I hv never drank alcohol r smoke cigrate in my life. Pls suggest something. I brush twice a day.
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.
Use fluoridated toothpaste. Fluoride helps to harden tooth enamel and reduces your risk of decay.
Brush thoroughly. Tooth brushing should take between two and three minutes.
Actually 3 days ago Maine galti se bht garam Pani pee Liya tha to usse tongue pe ulcer ho gya tha wo to cure ho gya bt lios pe halka sa jal gya tha usse. Jaise chhala type ho. Kya apply kru jisse wo Nishan chala jaye n thk ho jaye.
Question to dentist Dear Doctor I did a root canal right corner teeth 10 years ago ,the issue is the steel cap which placed on the root canal teeth come out more often. Now I am more comfortable without using the cap ,can I continue without the cap Thanks Babu Mumbai.
sir, i am experiencing pain in the right cheek joint while taking food.as my mouth had small opening pain is considerable i am told that the existing problem is due to severe attrition and also due to deep bite as per the first hand information 18 teeth equires pct(all 8 molars ,top 4teeth due to ,misalignment, and bottom 6 as nerves r exposed).all 28 teeth requires capping. my request to dentists is pl throw some light regardig(1)anticipated cost of rct (2)capping or crowns cost for all 28teeth with pfm type with recommendation of reputed mfg( 3)time of completion (4)after going through this will the joint pain under control as regarding me i am 62 years old retired person with diabetic ,ht,thyroid,(all under control(almost normal) with medicines and pure vegetarian as the issue is big i need some guidelines from expert pannel to take right decission.thanks
Sir there is a problem on my tooth gum in the front teeth only one gum having a cut and it is not filling and there is no blood in it. Help me what should I do?
I have problem in my stomach and make me bad mouth. Sometimes I cant talk to people near to me. I am not sure whether the smells come from my stomach or gum problem. Please guide me.
I am a 21 year old male. My mouth got wounded 2 years before near the front row teeth. Daily I gets pain there. Why it's not get healed?
I got a pain on my teeth I saw a dentist he told me that I got a hole and I have to repair it cost upto 5000 but I don't want to do that so please consult me a best medicine I request I just got a pain.
Mint is the best herb in this summer to avoid abdominal related complaints like gas, acidity, indigestion, etc .
Mint contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Folate, iron, calcium, riboflavin, magnesium, manganese, dietary fibre.
Its best digestive tonic as it prevents and relieves flatulence and also promotes the digestion.
It improves oral health as it prevents bad odour from mouth.
It inhibits the release of histamines that cause allergies and hay fever.
Its natural stimulants relieves fatigue and depression.
Some research suggests that people chewing mint gums have higher memory retention and alertness.