Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manjula
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ManjulaYour feedback matters!
Herpes is caused due to the presence of the herpes simplex virus in your body. Herpes can appear on multiple areas of your body, but more commonly manifests in the genitals as well as the mouth. The two types of herpes are HSV-1 (oral herpes) and HSV-2 (responsible primarily for the outbreak of genital herpes).
Causes of Herpes Simplex:
- Herpes is contagious in nature and can be passed to you by having sexual intercourse with anyone who has been infected. HSV 2 is the primary form of the virus, which is transmitted in this manner.
- Herpes could be transmitted to an infant from their mother if she was infected while pregnant.
- It can also get passed through direct contact like using the same plates or spoons or even the sharing of lip balm. Even kissing can spread the virus if the infected person has cold sores.
Symptoms of Herpes Simplex:
- The presence of blistering sores within the mouth or in the genital area is a telltale sign that you may have contracted genital herpes.
- If you are having painful urination then you should check with your doctor for the herpes virus.
- Continuous itching in certain areas such as the genitals.
- Not wanting to eat, having a fever could also be symptoms of herpes simplex virus in your body.
- Herpes can spread to your eyes and is known as herpes keratitis. It can cause pain in your eyes.
Diagnosis of Herpes Simplex:
- The common way to diagnose herpes is with an actual physical exam. Doctors will generally look out for sores on your body and may also check for some similar symptoms which might indicate herpes simplex.
- HSV testing (alternately called herpes culture) is done to check the presence of a virus on the genitals. A fluid sample from the genitals is sent to laboratory for tests and will require a visit to the health center.
- There are blood tests to look for antibodies for both forms of HSV to diagnose the infections. However, this test is done only when there is and absence of sores or visible symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I ws pregnant but in 12 th week ie 1april ultrasound got to knw baby had no heartbeat n growth so I had my d&c on 2 april 2016. I want to what all precautions I need to take nw nd fr how long. Nd aftr d&c how many days bed rest is required?
I am 31 yr old lady (, software professional) with 4.5 yrs old baby. Normal delivery. After delivery, by 7th month, frequent urinary infection started. Uti is a frequent story and had lot of noflox 400 for this. Every time had this for 5 days 3 times. Next month again like that. After delivery I have started feeling week in regular intervals in a day. Took lot of tonics alopathy and homoeopathy under doctors supervision. Homoeo medicines have me solution for 6 months. Then that will not work then tonic chnaged at last using fourrts' protein powder. Now that too not useful by 2015 march. No abnormality in any check up. 70/110 bp and 84 fasting sugar and 86 after food sugar. 2 weeks before hypotyroid diagonised 5.54. Started 25 mg (on 1-may-2015) for 45 days. 92 tabs for 15 days). In the morning by 8 I am having giddiness everyday. Then whatever is there in my hand will fall down and I have to lay down in bed asap otherwise I will fell down. After laying down for 15-30 mins I will be ok. The same will occur again in 30 mins. Then I will be ok till 3pm. Again same thing will happen. In office I used to keep my head on my desk during this time. In the night also I have same issue by 8.30. I am taking food on time. Taking 3 ltrs of water everyday. Taking b-protein twice daily. Mainly veg diet following. I have 3mm stone in left kidney.(identified on last oct) and during periods I am getting fainted these days. So b long and rimroz for 10 days before periods and during periods I cannot leave with out meftal 500. (1500 on first day 1000 on next 3 days. Normal flow. On feb found out cervical erosion is there and had antibiotic treatment and cauterization.(on march end). Dovctor told now everything is normal. I still have abdominal pain so pres cribed urikind, cranpac and citralka for that. Please help me to identify what will be my real issue.
Meri periods ki date 15 to 20 tk hai uske bech mai kabi b aata h pr aj 29 date hai abi tak periods nai aya h bs stomach kbi kbar pain hota h aur mai diet b krri hu shayad uski wajese nai aara h ya aage peche hoti h date kch prblm to nai hngi na mje har month barabar date aati h bt ye br abi tk aya nai h kya kru.
My due date is tomorrow but I want to delay my periods for a week pls help its urgent! I am getting a feeling that periods might come.
ARE YOU A SEX ADDICT ?
Just like food, clothes and shelter; sex is also a basic human need. In today’s world, we come across sexual literature and content everywhere. Its present on television, the internet, in books and magazines and social media. This over exposure to erotic content increases the possibility of having a sexual desire. Being a biological need, it becomes almost impossible to ignore.
Sometimes the condition is so pronounced that a person develops extra ordinarily intense drive to indulge in sex. If a person is too much obsessed about sexual activity and is thinking about sex most of the time, or his behavior becomes so risky that he tends to have sex in public places is indicative of sexual addiction.
Just like other addictions like alcoholism, smoking etc the sex addict is also not able to keep his sexual behavior in check and can be harmful to self and the society. There are certain indicatives of sex addiction which can help us identify if the person is a sex addict.
- Watching porn on a regular basis
- Having extra marital affairs
- Too many one night stands
- Indulging in paid sex
- Having multiple affairs
- Too much masturbation
- Sexual molesting or assaulting people
So what is the solution ?
When sex addiction becomes so pronounced that it becomes a threat to personal, public and family life, it needs to be addressed and concrete steps need to be taken to treat it.
- Acceptance – just like any other addiction, the first step is to accept that you are suffering from sex addiction , only then you will be comfortable in seeking help in controlling your excessive sexual desires.
- Avoid stimuli – avoid conditions and environment where you are more likely to indulge in sex.
- Sexual counseling – if you make necessary changes to overcome sexual addiction but you failto control it then it is advisable to get help from a trained and qualified sexologist.
- Medicines – there are various ayurvedic formulations which reduce your anxiety and stress and can be of grest help in overcoming sex addiction.