Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mani PavitraYour feedback matters!
My mother has cavity in her teeth. It's causing a lot of pain to her. Can you please help her with some home remedy?
Hey, I have a problem like my teeth are yellow and very small. I brush twice in a day. But, there is no improvements in it. Please suggest me something.
I have one teeth which came out just above another teeth and in an accident a small portion of the teeth is broken. I want to set my teeth in a good way without using clips and i want to fill up the space that is broken. Can there is any possibilty of solving to my problems
I have 2 cavities in my teeth. One is deeper and other is spot. I do oil pulling since 6 months and uses vicco toothpaste. I do not see any results but my cavities does not spread. I want to heal it naturally. Any other ayurvedic remedies can you suggest.
Sir I am 60 years old. .some times I will get bad smell through my body, through mouth, through my arm pits. After some days it will go off automatically. .sir I am diabetic patient, but in control. I am taking "amaryl m1" tab. Daily 1 tab a day for diabetes. Suggest any medicine r tablet for bad smell. Thank you very much..
I have a mouth problem. A chhala(ulcer) in my mouth is permanently. It is automatic problem from past few days.
Doctor I have problem in teeth last two big teeth very pain full I am not able to eat hard items and if I drink any thing like tea are water very sensitive I don't have cavity and plug I feel sensitive problem only I am using sensodine tooth paste only when I am brush for 1 hour or 2 hour good after again same problem start. Kindly give good medicine for me to free from this pain pls.
My tooth is paining pre molar because it has a hole. It needs filling I know but is it paining because of cavity. Light pain I am having?
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.