Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My daughter age is 4+.I have done stool test there it has mentioned reducing sugar - present (trace) what does this mean?
I have a girl Baby of 1 year and 6 month old. She is not fair and her skin looks very dull. Her weight is about 7 kg .She is very lean and thin. She does not like to eat sweet food. Please help me how can I care her complexion and her growth and weight. Provide me a proper guide of meal and its quantity to be given to the baby so that her complexion and her growth can be improved.
Having a baby is a beautiful experience and it is important for first time parents to learn the ropes of taking care of a newborn. A mother should consider getting help after the birth of the child as that particular time period can be overwhelming and hectic to take care of the baby all alone. You can get started by nursing your child by taking assistance from specialists and nurses who tell you how to change the clothes of the baby, hold the baby and how to take care of your baby.
How to take care of a newborn
You can hire a maid who can help you look after your baby. If you have relatives, you can request them to help you out. It is important to keep the following things in mind while taking care of a baby.
- Babies are susceptible to infection quickly and hence it is necessary that we wash our hands properly with a hand sanitiser before carrying the baby.
- Make sure you carry the baby properly by providing the infant with proper support below the neck and head. The same rules apply while laying the baby down in the cradle.
- Do not shake the baby vigorously, even by mistake, as it can cause bleeding in the brain of the baby, which can cause death.
- Any member of the household should not throw the baby in the air or try any rough play as a newborn baby is not ready for it.
- Sponge bath should be given to the baby until the umbilical cord falls off and only after the navel heals totally. It can take about 1–4 weeks for this to happen.
- It is very vital that you use clean diapers for your baby, and if the diaper is wet, it must be removed immediately to avoid any rash in and around the genital area. It is important that the genital area is cleaned well by the use of cotton balls and water.
- In case you are using cloth diapers, then it is advisable that you clean it with detergents that are fragrance free.
Hi I'm a new mother. My baby gal is 1 month 5 days old. While she taking breast milk (always before start sucking) or while cry (at times) she sounds like nose block. I feel like whether it would be cold or snuffles. Worried please advice. If snuffles how to get ride of it.
My son is just 5 years old. he inserted rubber pieces in his ear its very closer to ear drum doctor told us after giving anesthesia only we can remove is their any home remedy to it. Or any suggestions.
My son is 4 year old. He is having cough continuously if I fail to give monticope. We have tested that he is having allergy. I am giving monticope for the past 3 months. Please give suggestions. I am very much worried about my son. Whether I have to continue or change the medicine.
My 2.10 yr old son, is getting fever every 15 days (high fever) since last 3-4 months. Generally accompanied with Cough and throat infection. What to do? I am really worried about the frequency of this and his intake of antibiotics.
Sir, My 4months old kid does pass stool once in 3 days that too not properly and also he is passing terrible smelly farts. Can I give him evict syrup please suggest what to do.
Is it necessary to vaccinate my baby (16 month old) with MMR and PCV booster injection? IMA vaccination card does not mention these vaccinations but their staff says that these vaccinations are private and mandatory. Although I have vaccinated my baby with Varicella and hepatitis A vaccines in private clinics which are not mentioned in IMA vaccination card. So please guide me about these MMR and PCV booster vaccines about their necessities.
My daughter is 3 year old since from 4 days she is suffering fever medical check up done blood test done malaria, typhoid, and dengue test done and found nil report but albumin found in urine test pediatrician prescribed Fever mol mf, and opox CV, and monticope but Fever not cured.
When it comes to babies and their sleeping habits, you have to understand that every baby is different and has different needs. Thus, certain things that may work for one set of parents may not necessarily work for the other. Thus, here are a few tips that will ensure that your child gets ample of undisturbed sleep and stays healthy and fit:
1. Learn to distinguish when your baby starts feeling tired: Once your child starts feeling tired, he/she will definitely show specific signs that he/she requires some sleep. Some common signs are:
a) The constant eye rubbing
c) Getting a bit fussy and cranky
Put your baby to sleep as soon as possible when he/she starts showing such signs. If your baby gets overtired, it will be all the more difficult for him to fall asleep.
2. Set a proper sleep cycle: Ensure that you set a suitable sleep cycle for your baby. Train your child to sleep during the night and play during the day. Ensure that you keep your kid busy during the day, ensuring that he/she stays awake even after a feed, so that he is tired by night time and sleeps properly all throughout the night. At night, when your child gets up for a feed, ensure that you do not turn on the lights. Instead, make sure to keep the room in semi-darkness so he/she goes back to sleep effectively.
3. Ensure that your baby is full: If your baby is hungry and has not had his fill, it will tend to disrupt his sleep. Thus, ensure that your baby is well fed before you put him to sleep. For example, if during the day you feed the child after every three hours, as evening approaches feed him every two hours. This will ensure that he is well fed before he goes to sleep.
4. Let go the burping occasionally: Babies do not avidly breastfeed at night. Thus, it is not essential that you wait for him to burp every time he feeds.
5. Give a Massage: Another way to ensure that your baby sleeps properly is to give him a good massage. A massage will help the child to relax and thus sleep better.