Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Malikarjun ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, My 3 months baby used to do vomit and does lik vomiting 2 to 4 times daily since from 1 week. My parents say that this is because of addition of curd or buttermilk in my food. Is it true?
Sir,my 2 years old daughter start crying at midnight daily we don't know the reason for that ,please give some treatment for this problem ?
Hi, My baby boy is 9th months old I gave him homemade foods like dal (arhar, moong, masoor), rice, mixed vegetables, fruits but my baby's weight is 8.5 kg. How he can gain weight? also I breastfeed him on demand my concern is does he need other milk also? because he refuses to drink any kind of formula. I tried different brands but he refuses every time only take small quantity 30 to 60 ml only. Please suggest.
My 5 year old son is suffering from Enlarged Tonsil since last 1 year, please suggest for best medicine.
Hi. My baby is 2 months old. Today she vomited several times sometimes in watery otherwise thick kind in white. She also passed loose motion several times in less proportion. She's not been sleeping properly. Please advise!
Please suggest some solution which can used for cough n cold for 2 months infant. So that it can used in nebulizer .also suggest home remidy we can use it.
About feeding baby: can I feed my 4th month baby cow powdered milk is it safe for my child. If can please tell about dosage .pls help mee.
Is your child getting exhausted after a bout of cough? Does he or she suffer from constant wheezing and tightness of the chest? Does your child feel drained out after climbing a flight of stairs? Do you know a child who always seems to run out of breath and cannot participate in school sports tournaments or play outside for a long time? The child could be suffering from asthma, which is a serious breathing problem. Most children are affected by asthma. Staying in a polluted city just makes the condition worse.
Asthma - Know the disease
- Asthma is a condition that causes inflammation of the airways, known as trachea and bronchioles.
- The muscles around the airways constrict and prevent the smooth flow of air.
- The lining of the bronchioles swell and block the airways.
- Asthma is mostly triggered by an allergic reaction.
- There is a difficulty in breathing out. Exhalation of air is often accompanied by a wheezing, that is, a whistling sound.
- There is a constant shortness of breath, feeling out of breath and gasping for air.
- There is an uncomfortable tightness in the chest, the feeling of not breathing in enough air.
- Coughing bouts in the middle of the night, that leave the child feeling exhausted and completely out of breath.
Causes of Asthma
Asthma is mostly triggered by asthma allergens. These allergens are mostly pollens and animal fur.
- Exposure to pollution, such as dust and smoke
- History of heartburn, GERD and acid reflux
- Inflammation of sinus and airways
- History of bronchial disorders and pneumonia
- Viral infections
- Chronic rhinitis
- Low immunity causing constant cold and blockage of nose
Treatments of asthma
- A nebulizer that turns asthma medicine into a mist can then be inhaled easily
- An inhaler can be used to take in inhaled steroids into the lungs or a bronchodilutor
- Try and avoid asthma triggers and allergens as much as possible
- Avoid physical stress and heat
- Get sufficient rest of about 7-8 hours every day
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.