Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Madhusudhan RaoYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from severe headache. Its so painful that I can not bear it anymore. I have taken so much pills but all in vain. What is the reason of this high headache.
I have constipation from a long time. When I take medicine its is fine and when avoid them it become again conspitation.
I am 27 year old. I have headache problem since last 2 years. Everyday I felt with that pain whenever after reading, doing any work or travelling. What should I have to do for this?
You can eat three to four garlic cloves daily for a if you are having difficulty getting an erection. You can cut that down to three times a week after a month. That is if you start feeling better down there. You can also use grated garlic in your meat to get the desired result but raw garlic cloves work much better.
My father is 77 years old and since last six months has developed skin itching, which comes and goes. It is not limited to any part of the body. His fasting blood sugar level is about 100. He gets this normally while resting and rarely while taking a walk etc. He had heart bypass surgery about 16 years back. He has not started taking any additional medication recently. His normal medicines are for blood pressure and cholesterol lowering drugs along with daily one becadexamine capsule. Please advise.
Are you addicted to sugar and all sugary items? Have you tried cutting down your sugar intake, only to realize how tough, and sometimes impossible it is? These facts make it evident that something in your brain does not function normally, or in its usual way when it comes to sugar and sugary food items. This occurs because of several factors.
- Sugar addiction is caused by the overstimulation of your brain’s reward center
- Sugar is fattening in a unique way because of its high fructose content. There are various ways in which sugar causes you to overeat, leading to weight gain. The primary reason for developing an addiction to sugar is because of its impact on the brain’s reward center.
- When you eat sugary food, a large amount of dopamine gets released into the Nucleus Accumbens, which is a certain area of the brain. When you consume these food items frequently, the dopamine receptors become slow in regulating. As a result, the receptors for dopamine get lessened. This indicates that the next time you consume these specific food items, the effects of the receptors become blunt.
- For receiving the reward of the same level, you will be tempted into eating more sugary food. Sugar rich food function quite similarly to drugs of abuse such as nicotine, cannabis, amphetamine and cocaine. Similar centers of the brain come into play in both these forms of addiction.
- People having some sort of predisposition towards addiction are likely to get more addicted to such sweet and sugary food items, having no control over consumption.
This is the way in which sugar hijacks your brain chemistry, making you crave for more and more sugar, and in turn influences your behavior.
In some people, certain anatomical changes in the brain take place, when frequently exposed to food rich in sugar. It ends up in full fledged addiction in many people. According to the experiences of drug addicts who have been substance abusers for several years, the addiction to sugar and food rich in sugar content is exactly the same as any kind of drug addiction. There are no major differences, except that the substance of addiction and the consequences are totally different.
Several recovering drug addicts have stated that they crave for sugar, junk food, and any sweet food item in the same way they craved for alcohol and other drugs. This proves the level of addictive sugar, and it is recommended for everybody to abstain from consuming too much sugar.