Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. M RangamaniYour feedback matters!
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.
I have already taken an i-pill twice in a year. Now me and my boyfriend had an unprotected sex 2 days back. We do not know that anything has happened or not. But we do not want a child. So is it okay if I take i pill again? Will it cause me issues in future pregnancy?
I have a problem of pcod please tel is it create any problem in conceiving? Pls advice how to get out from dis pcod.
I have a girl child of 2 years 3 months. I have stopped feeding at 7 months of my child age. And 1 pill was taken to stop lactation under the guidance of gynic. After that some times I have observed leaking of milk frm my breast while doing sex. Due to the pressure given by my husband. From the last 6 months. I did not observe any fluids from breast. But today while doing sex. By pressing my breast. Leaking. Its spoiling our pleasure. Is that bad symptom of anything? How to stop that. Kindly suggest.
I am vegetarian but eat eggs, after delivering baby by C-section my what has varied from 52 kg to 70 kg now my baby is 1" years old, help me to reduce my weight.
I am 23years old. I had sex with my bf on 8feb and that day I take I pill. contraception pill. In the even I notice bleeding for some time that time I was confused what is it. It does not occur continuously. For only 10 mins the bleeding occurred. And it was my second time sexual relationship. He also used condom during intercourse. In first time we do the same. Is there ant chances of pregnancy. After 1st time sex my period continued earlier the date. But this time for this bleeding after intercourse. Is happen. Is there any problem. If any chance of pregnancy. please suggest me.
After participating in sex with HIV PATIENT, within how many days the disease will be diagnosed by blood test if it is transmitted?
Hello, sir I am 23 years old. And I am having a pregnancy of 1 to 2 months but i didn't want to continue. please suggest me some medicine.
Sex, which gives pleasure to most, can be painful for some. Many women, mostly in their menopausal or post-menopausal phase find intercourse and penetration extremely painful. Menopause results in hormonal imbalance, with a significant drop in the estrogen level. The reduced estrogen level results in Vulvovaginal Atrophy (dryness of the vagina and thinning and weakening of the vaginal tissues). In such cases, women experience irritation, Vaginismus (vaginal tightness) and soreness after sex.
One can also experience a burning sensation during urination. There may be inflammation of the vaginal tissues. If untreated, the inflammation can cause infection and other complications. "Dyspareunia" or pain during intercourse is very common in postmenopausal women. The pain experienced during sex can be due to "Vulvodynia" as well. Vulvodynia is a condition whereby a women experiences chronic pain in the external genitals or vulva. A number of other factors can also contribute to the pain during sex. A thorough and detailed investigation is thus very important.
Treatment: Many women find it extremely embarrassing to discuss menopausal problems with their partners and doctors. The key to effective treatment lies in timely diagnosis and medication. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. The postmenopausal changes can vary from person to person. Thus it is very important to discuss every minute detail with your physician.
Many options are available to make intercourse a less painful experience:
- Keep dryness at bay: In most cases, painful intercourse results from dryness of the vagina. Use of a lubricant can ease the pain to a great extend. A water-based lubricant is highly recommendable. Regular use of vaginal moisturizers is also effective to deal with vaginal dryness.
- Vaginal care and hygiene: It is very important to keep the vagina clean. Avoid using soaps, bath oils and shower gels. They do more harm than good to the vagina. It is advisable to wash the vagina with warm to lukewarm water. Undergarments should be changed twice daily.
- More is good: Having sex at regular intervals is a healthy practice. It not only enhances and improves the blood flow, but also helps to overcome vaginal dryness.
- The Pelvic Floor Therapy: It is immensely beneficial. In this therapy, a gentle pressure is exerted in the pelvic region to relax the stiffened and tightened muscles. One can also massage the area to relax the muscles.
- Squat: It is a very effective exercise to strengthen the buttocks and hip muscles. Exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles are also very helpful.
- Other therapies: One can also opt for Local Estrogen therapy and Systematic Estrogen Therapy.
Menopause should not affect your conjugal and sexual life. Visit here to know more and forget painful intercourse forever.
Related Tip: "Pain During Intercourse? Here Are The Causes"