Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M. Raghunath BabuYour feedback matters!
I am a diabetic- if I have urine sugar traces and blood sugar high. Is the estimate in lab is correct or wrong?
Patient of cerebellar infract and hepatitse and moderate fibrosis in liver. Taking Deplat A75, pan 40, wysolone 5mg sofetron z azotan 50 1 each. What does she required to take that sugar does not go up.
I have diabetes for a long time now and I wanted to know what is nerve damage I think I got it in my legs. I get this pain in my legs some time of the day. I would like to know dose sound like nerve damage? Thank you everyone how can help me.
My name is shubham and my dad is suffering from diabetes from last 4-5 week's. What should I suggest them to recover from dibities?
I am 21 female and I have thyroid. I concerned a gynecologist and used some course but it was not cured. I was becoming fat day by day. So please help me how to decrease my weight and thyroid.
I am 35 years old and have been taking antidepressants for last 17 years. In the beginning due to extreme stress and letter due to frustrations in professional and personal life. Before 3 years I was diagnosed diabetic with sugar 250 post meal. And undergoing treatment also for that. Now I feel very exhausted and depressed and do not feel interested in sex with wife . please advice what should id o ?
Hypothyroidism is a hormonal disorder caused by reduced amounts of thyroid hormone. It is more common than hyperthyroidism and affects women more than men. Iodine is a main ingredient of the thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) and iodine deficiency leads to hypothyroidism.
TSH is required for effective metabolism and reduced amount leads to affecting overall metabolism of the body and causing the following symptoms.
- Slow pulse
- Weight gain
- Reduced attention/concentration span
- Intolerance to cold
- Hoarseness of voice
- Inability to concentrate
- Depression/low mood
- Swollen face and droopy eyes
- Dry skin
- Premenstrual tension
- Muscular pain
Ayurveda believes that this is due to an imbalance between the 3 body systems - vata, pita, and kapha. In hypothyroid people, the pita is supposed to be overpowered by kapha which reduces metabolism.
Treatment is aimed at bringing out balance between the two.
The various Ayurvedic components include:
Panchakarma and external therapies like Vamana, shirodhara, virechana, basti, udwarthana, Kashaya Seka are shown to play a significant role in managing symptoms of hypothyroidism.
Specific Asanas and Pranayamas that are directed at the thyroid have been proven to be beneficial.
- The most effective asana is sarvangasana or the shoulder stand. It improves blood flow to the thyroid and thereby improves its function. Matsyasana, surya namaskara, pavan muktasana, and halasana are also beneficial for hypothyroid patients.
- Ujjayi is the most common pranayama which acts on the throat area and stimulates reflexes in this area.  Nadi shodhana pranayama also is proven to have beneficial effects on the metabolism.
Appetizers and digestive agents are given to improve metabolism. These include herbs and whole grains and specific food products including dairy products.
Food has a major role to play, and some of the do's and don't's are as follows.
- Increase water consumption, preferably warm water, to improve digestion
- Include more iodine-containing foods like white onions, fish, shellfish
- Include more whole fibers like brown rice, barley, green gram, Bengal gram, cucumber, and sugarcane juice
- Increase consumption of milk and milk products
- Avoid sour food items
- Herbal products recommended for hypothyroidism include kanchanara, (purple mountain ebony), jatamansi, shilajita, gokshura, Brahmi, and punarnava
- Apply a paste of jalakumbhi which helps by supplying iodine to the goiter directly
- Jalakumbhi juice can also be consumed daily (11 to 22 g)
- Coconut oil, being rich in medium chain fatty acids, increases the body's metabolism and helps in managing symptoms of hypothyroidism
Lifestyle Changes: In addition to the above, meditation and regular exercises to maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress, and manage weight have shown to help control symptoms to a large extent.
Hypothyroidism is a chronic condition but can be managed with a combination of food, exercise, and lifestyle changes.