Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Leela Deshpande
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Leela DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Dr. am married women, it has been 7 month since we married. This case is regarding extra marital affair, My Hus left to gulf after 3 month. Due to some financial reason I couldn't go with him. He had some erectile dysfunction issues, due to this our 3 month sex life was not satisfied, his penis was curve downward, I suggested him to advice any Dr. but due to some egos he never, Sir the problem is, I have done a mistake. Many times I was alone in our home and one of our close relative who is consult me regarding the issue and once he induce me and I felt sex with him. Dr. I don't know what I did, but at the time I really enjoyed, I feel very pain when my Husband try to put his penis my I feel very comfort while doing with my relative (his penis is straight) Dr. pls advice me. Does my Husband can find that I have undergone sex?
I am suffering in headache in so many day's. How can I solve my problem? Please help me to solve my problem.
I feel fatigue all day and unable to do work even when I want to. What should I do. Some people say my liver is not functioning well please tell me what to do.
Iam 22 old male iam asking for heart any problem which symptoms was performed and natural tips for gastric problem.
I am salman 22 years old, my problem is I am a asthma patient from childhood but now a days asthma is happening mostly in night regularly. I am using inhaler seroflo (cipla, it recurs suddenly but by using it its very sleepy and tired. Please advise me with proper life styles, food, and also with medicine.
I am a 36 year male and I have cold and cough with 4 days and now I feel my ears are sounds as in cold.
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency or EPI is also known as pancreatic deficiency, a disorder where the pancreas is unable to produce sufficient amount of enzymes that are required to digest food. The pancreatic enzymes help to break down and absorb nutrients from the food in the small intestine. So, this disease causes nutritional deficiencies.
Causes of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency :
This condition is generally caused as a complication of other diseases because EPI develops only as a result of severe damage to the pancreas. The following reasons can cause EPI:
- Inflammation of the pancreas: After surgery in the pancreas, stomach or the intestines, there may be inflammation in the pancreas as a post-surgical complication. A high content of triglyceride fat in the blood can also cause pancreatic inflammation and hinder the secretion of the enzymes.
- Chronic Pancreatitis: In this disease, the pancreatic ducts are swollen and blocked and so the digestive enzymes cannot be passed into the small intestine. This condition is often caused by a heavy consumption of alcohol.
- Cystic Fibrosis: The digestive fluids and enzymes become thick and sticky and block the passageways of the pancreas and other organs like the lungs and the kidneys. This can obstruct secretion and passage of enzymes afterwards.
- Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome or SBDS: SBDS is an autosomal recessive genetic condition where enzyme producing pancreatic cells is not formed properly. This rare disorder causes a number of associated disorders like bone marrow diseases, skeletal defects and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
Symptoms of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency:
Symptoms of EPI often appear in the middle stages of the disease when the process of absorption of nutrients has already been affected. The common warning signs are:
- Digestive problems like gas, diarrhea and indigestion because the food remains mostly undigested.
- Severe and frequent stomach pain in the lower abdominal region
- Greasy stools due to the excretion of undigested fat
- Rapid loss of weight and body mass due to malabsorption of nutrients
- Constantly feeling bloated and full even if you have not eaten anything
- A general sense of fatigue and exhaustion
- Excessive bleeding from small wounds because protein deficiencies hamper blood clotting
- Pain in the muscles and bones
- Increased susceptibility to infections of the body system
- Joint pains
- Abnormal swelling of the limbs or edema
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!