Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Laxmikanth JoshiYour feedback matters!
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true?
Everyone knows that drinking a cup of coffee before bed can leave you tossing and turning for hours. Eating the right food not only gives the body the right kind of nutrition, it also affects the quality of your sleep. While some foods are sleep deprivers, others are sleep enhancers. Here are a few such types of food that you can include in your diet to improve your sleep.
- Cherries: Cherries are rich sources of melatonin. This is the chemical responsible for controlling the body’s internal clock. A serving of tart cherries in their raw, whole form or a glass of cherry juice(without added sugars) can improve sleep quality and help treat chronic insomnia. It can also be used to fight jet lag.
- Walnuts: These nuts are rich sources of an amino acid known as trytophan. Trytophan boosts serotonin and melatonin production thus regulating the body’s sleep-wake cycle. This can help you fall asleep faster and avoid tossing and turning.
- Milk: A glass of warm milk is a well known home remedy for insomnia. Milk or any form of dairy is rich in tryptophan. As mentioned above, this helps people fall asleep faster by regularizing their circadian rhythm. Additionally, calcium also helps regulate muscle movements and calms the body by fighting stress and stabilizing nerve fibers. If you don’t like the thought of plain milk, you could try other forms of dairy like cheese and yogurt.
- Rice: Jasmine rice and other forms of white rice have a high glycemic index. This means that the body digests rice slowly and hence releases glucose produced during digestion very gradually into the body. This helps cut down the time it takes to fall asleep. A gradual absorption of glucose in the body also prevents a ‘sugar high’ and its accompanying crash. This helps prevent waking up in the middle of the night and ensures that you sleep through the night comfortably.
- Bananas: Bananas are great not only for your overall health but also for your sleep cycle. Bananas are rich sources of magnesium and potassium. These are natural muscle relaxants that promote sleep. They also help fight sleep disorders such as restless leg syndrome and muscle cramps to give you a more restful sleep. Bananas are also rich in carbohydrates that are slow to digest and hence make people fall asleep faster. Combining bananas and milk is a sure shot way of falling asleep faster. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
What is the effect of smoking with jim practice? How to avoid smoking, is any heart problem caused by smoking?
- Frontal sinus - in the forehead
- Maxillary sinus - behind the cheekbones
- Ethmoid sinus - between the eyes behind the bridge of the nose
- Sphenoid sinus - behind the eyes
What is sinusitis?
Sinusitis is the inflammation or infection of one or more of the sinuses. It can be caused by a virus, bacteria, fungus, allergies or excessive nose blowing and results in the blockage of the sinus opening. Sinusitis can be acute (lasting 4 or lesser weeks), subacute (lasting 4 to 8 weeks), chronic (lasting beyond 8 weeks) and recurring (several attacks in a year).
Acute sinusitis generally causes pain in the sinuses, headaches, loss of smell, stuffiness, and coughs as well as may also cause bad breath, toothaches, and fever.
What does the homeopathic treatment for sinusitis entail?
Homeopathy is an alternative medicine system which uses plants and minerals to develop remedies that augment the body's natural defenses by stimulating symptoms of the disease the patient is suffering from.
Acute sinusitis finds a permanent cure in homeopathy. Though treatment takes time, it rebuilds the body's immunity to sinusitis. It drains the sinuses, kills the germs and wipes the infection off at the root, thus preventing it from recurring. When antibiotics are used to treat sinusitis, there may be side effects such as fungal infections. Fungal infection is a leading cause of chronic sinusitis.
Homeopathy can boost the body's immunity which can treat fungal infections from the root, hence eliminating chances of recurrence. It can treat the symptoms of sinusitis and provide relief from associated respiratory diseases and allergies. There are different remedies available to treat the different symptoms of sinusitis, which work together to completely cure it by boosting the body's immune system without having any side effects.
Homeopathy for Nasal Polyps:
With Chronic sinus, soft growths arising from the mucous membrane of the nose or paranasal sinus are referred as nasal polyps. The most common treatment option suggested by a conventional system in nasal polyps is surgical removal. In most cases, nasal polyps reappear after surgery. However, surgery is a temporary fix since it does not address the body's tendency to form polyps. Homeopathy, on the other hand, offers a permanent solution by treating the root cause. Following six homeopathic medicines are usually recommended for nasal polyps - Lemna Minor, Sanguinaria Can, Calcarea Carb, Kali Bichrome, Teucrium, and Phosphorus.
My two months old baby s spitting milk a lot after feed. Now a days he s spitting like curd type. Is it normal. After every feed im burping him. But also he s spitting like curd type. Kindly let me know is it normal? How to overcome wth these. Kindly advice.
My wife is 2 months pregnant. Shall I have sexual intercourse with her? Or not? Whether, It may spoil her pregnancy or it affects the baby growth inside her. It's okay not to have sexual intercourse on which month I should stop having intercourse?
What type of food should be taken in winters where the weather remains sub zero like areas of kashmir.
Hello, I'm 29 years old female taking treatment for TB. Its been 1 and half week since I started taking tb tablets weekly thrice .and on empty stomach pan d tablet to stop feeling of vomiting when taking tb tablets. I have regular periods till now. This time my date was on 5th Aug but It haven't started yet. I usually get symptoms 2 days before period like stomach pain and all. This time I don't have any. Is taking tb tablets or pan d tablet delays period? Or my diet has changed. Started having eggs, chicken and fruits daily. Is this the reason? Thanks in advance.
I am 44 years old female. I am suffering from severe gastric problem, burning and pain in my chest, breathing difficulty, burning in my upper abdomen, unintentional weight loss. Please help.
Dear sir , I am 46 years male suffering from anxiety and depression since two three years , on psychiatric medication but no improvement , having main problem is tension headache and loss of appetite , a little tension gives me headache and this headache problem is since 15-20 years , when happy , no tension , no headache , when I busy with work no headache observed but when I remember headache starts , now a days due to anxiety I am suffering from loss of appetite can not eat even a single roti , dryness in mouth please help me to solve my problem , please suggest exercise , natural cure for my issue , taking medicines since two years but no improvement.
Orgasmic dysfunction, or inhibited sexual excitement, or simply anorgasmia, is a condition whereby a woman fails to attain orgasms even when sexually aroused. This can prove to be a major sexual problem and is the cause of disputes and conflicts in a relationship because of the lack of sexual intimacy and satisfaction.
In order to be sexually excited, both mind and body are involved in a series of complex processes which finally result in a peak sexual response. Thus, both need to be functioning well in order to stimulate an orgasm.
Causes of orgasmic dysfunction:
Here are various causes that may lead to orgasmic dysfunction:
1. Boredom or lack of interest in sexual indulgences
2. Hormonal disorders or changes brought on by menopause
3. Chronic illnesses that affect sexual interest
4. Acquired negative attitudes (usually from childhood or adolescence) towards sex
5. Previous traumatic experiences relating to rape or sexual abuse
6. Certain prescription drugs like anti-depressants
7. Stress or high fatigue
8. Medical conditions affecting the nervous system around the pelvis
9. Medical conditions causing chronic pelvic pain
Symptoms of organic dysfunction may include:
1. Inability to attain orgasms
2. Taking longer than normal to reach an orgasm
3. Not having satisfying orgasms
It is important to note that when treating problems associated with orgasmic dysfunction, you must maintain a healthy attitude towards sex, in addition to having sufficient knowledge pertaining to sexual stimulations and responses. Learning how to communicate and how to express your needs and desires clearly is another important step in the treatment of anorgasmia. Here are a few other ways to improve your sex life:
1. Eat well and get enough rest
2. Reduce your consumption of alcohol, drugs or smoking
3. Engage in Kegel exercises which involve tightening and relaxing the muscles of the pelvis
4. Use birth control methods that both you and your partner agree to
5. Engage in other sexual activities apart from sexual intercourse
6. Educate yourself more about reaching orgasms by focusing on clitoral stimulation or directed masturbation
7. Take up sexual counseling to learn helpful exercises. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Diagnosed with diabetes 4 months ago. Fasting Blood Sugar levels are 157 and post postprandial 205. How often should blood sugar levels be tested?
Sir, I am suffering from cold and my nose is block and I also feel very tired and I can't concentrate on my study. So what I do.
Res sir, after having sex or masturbation I feel itching and cracks on skin on tip of my penis and when having erection skin can't get back easily of my penis tip. Pls help me sir. Thanx.
Hi doctor I am suffering from severe heel pain for the last 4 to 5 months. please suggest why this pain has suddenly arise and the reason and cure for this.
If you are experiencing a wheezing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check.
Symptoms of Asthma or Asthma Attack
- Chest tightness or chest discomfort
- Breathing discomfort with or without cough
Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with your doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Doctor suggests immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.