Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Speech Therapists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. L PrabhavathiYour feedback matters!
I am student. Want to know how to counter stress and depression. I also get nervous to quickly and also problem while speaking and also have bad relation with mostly everyone, I don't speak too much nd speak to slowly.
I am suffering from stammering disease. Is this curable. If yes. please give me some tips. How to overcome from this disease.
Speaking problem I am having sometimes my voice doesn't comes out clear for the listeners and sometimes after eating food like lunch or dinner tongue becomes thick like and gets difficulty in speaking words clearly, also when in crowd anxiety makes me more difficult for speaking in front of crowd.
Hi sir. My age Is 26 now. I have a problem of stammering. Because of the issue of stammering I can't able to speak good. It's dominated my career growth. Am had horrible experience in Day to day life. Today's situation fluent speak is more essential to live. U suffering from all the disability to speak properly. Can any one save me from this issue. Please help me. Suggest me any time of treatment or surgery regarding speaking problem.
A large number of people in the world suffer or has suffered from speech disorders like stuttering or stammering at some point in their lives. Stuttering or stammering is the involuntary disruption or interruption in speech where certain sounds are prolonged or words are repeated. Speech disorder can cause a lot of problems in terms of personality build up and causes anxiety in people. Every activity of the body is dealt or controlled by the nervous system and the brain. Thus the proper functioning of the body is the sole responsibility of the brain and any glitch can affect the functions to a certain extent.
What are the symptoms of speech disorders?
- Words are repeated
- Prolongation of words or silent blocks
- Hesitation while speaking
- Difficulty while starting a word or a phrase
What causes speech disorders?
- Genetic problems
- Stress, Shame and Anxiety
- Embarrassment and nervousness
- Loss of control while speaking
Ayurvedic remedies to overcome speech disorders:
- Brahmi Oil: It is a stimulant that is known to calm your mind and boost the function of the brain. Take 10 ml of the oil and warm it. Cool it down to a suitable temperature and apply to your head when it is lukewarm, half an hour before going for a shower. You can also apply it before going to bed and shampoo the morning after. This is more effective.
- Black pepper, almond and sugar candy: Take black pepper, and make a paste out of it. To the paste, add 7 ground almonds and mix it with sugar candy. Consume this paste every day for at least a month.
- Amla: It is an effective remedy, especially in children to stop stammering. Also known as Indian Gooseberry, it should be chewed on to slowly every day.
- Cow's Butter: Also called as ghee, it is responsible for brain development and is known to increase memory. Add this ingredient to your food.