Find numerous PMR (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation) Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find PMR (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation) Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best PMR (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation) Specialists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kumar BalramYour feedback matters!
My father is about. 65 years. Old he has knee pain. On morning when started to walk he fell the pain. Then pain is getting reduced. What treatment is need to find to cure this knee pain?
I am a 30 year old male. I have leg pain for 2 months, I have use many ointments and have taken many tablets but I didn't got any relief. Please help me out and tell me some useful remedies for the same. Also tell me useful precautions that I can take.
I am suffering from arthritis since about a decade. I have tried several methods but getting only temporary relief. Suggest a permanent curative regime, if any?
There is a swelling in right knee and Lightly arthritis pain has started. Suggest me how to get relief from pain.
I am suffering from spondylosis with c-3 to c-7 in the x-ray shows gap. What is the remedy? I am undergoing physiotherapy at present. Pain killer tablets give only temporary relief. I am undergoing traction and ultrasound treatment from doctor at present.
I have a lower back pain. And when I got the mri scan it says that there is a minimal bulging of the disc l2 - l3. I work in the deck department on a cruise ship. And my work is heavy duty. As of now I am on treatment. But wud you suggest to go back to the same job. I mean is it ok to do the same heavy work.
My age is 24 and I am having sciatica pain in my lower back to lower leg .basically in left of the body since days I want get rid off this pain asap.
I am 23 years old man. I suffered lower back pain from few month ago, also I used some pain killer and gel, but can not relief. How to over come from this problem.
My engagement is broken because of a fight me and my g. F so I am very depressed because of this situation and my parents told she is not a type for you and girl also told that ki mujhe nahi karne ye shadi but my thinking ki uske ghar per se pressure tha to usne mna kiya hoga I want to meet him but my parents told no. So please give me a better suggestions what I do.
I have knee pain. Doctor suggested me to use GARAM PATTI. But I forgot to know when to use. While sleeping or sitting or walking.
Hi, I'm 20 years old, I have right hand shoulder dislocation on past one and half year above, but now also, it make pain, during work and throwing balls like, so what I do, how many years it will cure. Please tell me.
I got hurt in my head 3 years before but at that time my neck was not paining but its paining intermittently if I give stress to my neck it causes severe neck as well as head ache.
Hai doctor my name is vamshi iam 22 years old iam a under graduate. And my problem is I will get severe pain in the chest just before the heart and at at the same place in back also. This problem will occur in only nights. I got this 4-6 times up to now. In your point of view what would be the problem which is iam facing.
What is meant by mild changes of cerebral atrophy in MRI Brain scan .My dad age is 56 yr.PLease tell.
I have pain in the knee joints. Is it gonna be arthritis or some other minor problems? I hope it's not arthritis. My lower body is thinner as compared to the upper body. Starting from my butt my thighs, calves, all thinner than my upper body. I have a V figure.
Lower back pain is a household condition in today’s times. It has become a concern to reckon with, thanks to all the different job descriptions which require sitting for long stretches in front of desks and computers. This automatically puts a pressure on our lower back, resulting in lower back pain.
Lower back pain is actually a pain perceived in the lumbar region, which is situated below the ribcage. The spinal muscles, tendons, nerves and bones located in the lumbar spine experience severe pain which is referred to as lower back pain. Some of the major sources of lower back pains are:
- The ligaments, joints or bones get damaged
- Degeneration of the inter vertebral disc
- Irritation in the long nerve roots which start from the lower back and extend to the legs can cause pain
- Strain on the lower back muscles
Although with adequate rest lower back pain heals over time, seek advice from a doctor immediately if you have the following indications.
- Sudden fever or a feeling of chill all over your body
- Sudden weight loss
- You experience weakness in legs
- A problem in metabolic activities or improper functioning of bowels. You may feel unable to control your urine or have difficulties in bowel functions
- A persistent and severe pain in the abdomen
Factors that put you at risk
- If you are overweight
- Maintain bad postures while sitting or standing
- Follow unhealthy lifestyle habits such as excessive smoking or drinking coupled with a bad diet
- Lift heavy items/weights in your work
It is advisable to consult a doctor, if the lower back pain persists for a prolonged period. But if you have occasional bouts of pain, there are certain home remedies which you may follow:
- For a temporary pain relief, use a heating pad on the affected area. You may also take a warm bath.
- Do light exercises and yoga. Studies suggest yoga can actually heal the problem of lower back pain permanently, provided you practice it regularly. One thing you must remember is that you must exercise according to your body weight and postures.
- Physiotherapists and chiropractors use treatments such as spinal manipulations for treating the pain. It is actually applying pressures on the tissues around the affected area.
- Undergoing massage therapy is also one of the effective ways to reduce lower back pain.
- Acupuncture which involves tapping of the skin at specific points with the help of needles is the latest invention in the field of lower back pain treatment.
Finally, bring in some change in your lifestyle, if you never want to experience any kind of lower back pain. Make exercises an indispensable part of your daily life, cut down on alcohol and quit smoking immediately. To top it all, try to follow a healthy diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.