Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KrishnaYour feedback matters!
Do you love to eat up the whole fruit? Or, is it the freshly crushed juice that appeals to you more. Both as you know are healthy options. However, is there really a difference between the nutritional value of the two, if it involves the same fruit?
The answer is a big 'Yes'.
While freshly squeezed fruit juice is a healthy addition to your daily diet, it cannot replace eating whole fruits (or vegetables). In the choice between juicing and eating whole fruits, though juicing has its advantages, the latter offers more nutrition. Here's why.
Advantage: Juicing is convenient
The convenience of gulping down a glass of juice versus eating a whole fruit is one of the biggest advantages of juicing. However, this counts as a convenience only if you aren't making the juice and cleaning the juicer yourself. When you have to make your own juice, it probably would be easier to simply cut and eat the fruit.
Advantage: Juicing makes it easier for the body to absorb nutrients
Juicing is said to make absorbing nutrients easier for people with digestive diseases such as inflammatory bowel diseases. This is because the process of juicing removes fibers thus giving the digestive system less work to do. Another advantage is eating a whole fruit fills you up more than drinking a glass of juice. This allows you to take in higher amounts of vitamins, minerals, enzymes etc. However, this theory has not been proved.
Disadvantage: Juicing removes fiber
Though the removal of fiber makes it easier for the body to digest fruit juice, this loss of fiber is actually a disadvantage for people with a healthy digestive system. Since the digestive system does not have to work on digesting fibers in juice, the body uses fewer calories in the process. Lesser calories burnt imply lesser weight loss. Since juices are digested faster than whole fruits, hunger is satisfied for shorter periods of time leading to an increased appetite.
Disadvantage: Juicing removes flavonoids
Along with a loss of fiber, flavonoids found in the skin and fruit pulp are also lost in the process of juicing. Flavonoids have been linked to longevity and are best known for their antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent a number of cardiovascular diseases. In citrus fruits, the whole fruit is said to have five times the flavonoids as a glass of juice made from them.
To fuse the convenience of juice and the healthiness as whole fruit, use a blender instead of a juicer. This way, you don't lose any fruit pulp and can enjoy a tasty glass of juice.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Please provide a better skin care gel .i am using no scars cream for 1 month and once I stop using that my skin goes dark day by day .please help.
Dear sir, I am Male 44 have been suffering with lower back pain, morning weakness, nerves and muscles pains, have no diabetes, but having early ejaculation, ED, tried for Homeo and Ayurvedic no result in Early ejaculation, with in 1 Min, it happens. From last 2 years, 14 kgs weight increased only at abdomen area, AND Recently 4 times attempted for weightless treatment, but no use, Could you give me the best solution, thanks and regards,
How Can I quit my 10 yrs. Habit of taking Alprazolam' in Daily-Basis, when I lost job, I'suffered' from'Depression' and'No sleep condition which made me a'Habitual''Alprazolam-take (10 mg/Day-in stat'Dosage'-,I mean 10tabs of 1 mg each'Tabs' taking as'stat' dosage.)-- then I started'self - belief' of'Taking Alprazolam' in'Reduced''Dosage' by'Tapering' the daily dosage. Though, I had IBS' problem and I knew that'Alprazolam' have the ability of curing IBS, it also led me to'take''Alprazolam' Anyway, Right Now I'm taking Alprazolam 0. 50mgx4tabs=2 mg' in combination with'Melatoin' 3 mg (Brand-stresnil 0.50 mg of' Aristo Pharma.) with full strength of Amitriptyline AND chlordiazepoxide two (2) tabs stat (Brand-Amixide) at night before go to bed. Now I feel stress and Anxiety-sleep sleep at Night (from 11: 30 P to 5: 30 A and have no IBS-problem and getting good amount of'energy' for the next day to'work' with my fullest'Potential' But, I myself tried very much of'quitting' these'Medications' but, once I tried the same for consecutive two to 4 days, I just have the same'No sleep at Night and full day disturbed with'Anxiety' and'Depression' and ultimately could not concentrate in my work-place, that's why I'm still not able to'QUIT' these'Medications' at'Night' only. Please tell me'what' are the way to quit and keep myself'stress-free day with full energy, and'Rest full nights Please also advise me -what are the probable'side-effects and'Adverse reaction in future. P. S:-- I'm married for last 10 yrs. And have a'Happy- Married-life with our 1 (One)'Daughter' of 7 yrs. Aged. And I, myself is running-through 44 yrs. Hope, I'll get a satisfactory answer from your end soon. Thank you very much.
I have been having hard stool problem for 1 month. Some tablets and syrups were recommended by doctor, my condition was good while having those syrups (milk of magnesia and lactulose solution. But after those bottles have completely consumed, the problem of hard stool is again started. I do not know why this happens. I have been suffering very pain at the time of bowel movement though I am taking enough fluid and fiber. Please give me solution.
My testosterone level is 336 @ 8 am. I had been sluggish and tired all throughout my life. Used to trip and fall during my childhood. Absent mindedness ,lack of concentration, poor memory .less strength .Had erection problems few months back. Used to take more time to learn new things. Prolactin is 12.36 and LH and Fsh are 2.36 and 2.1 .My FBS level is 84.
I am 28 years married women and have 2 children. When I drink warm or normal milk, I start feeling unwell like vomiting n heavy. BT not in case of chilled sweet milk. I want to know the reason.
When it comes to losing weight, everyone stresses about eating right and exercising, but there’s one thing we often forget and that is drinking right. So, drinks such as carbonated drinks and alcohol can add to your weight while others can help you get slimmer. Some of the best drinks that can help you burn calories include:
- Water: Water not only keeps you hydrated, but can also help you lose weight. The more water you drink, the more calories you will burn. Additionally, drinking water before meals helps reduce your appetite. Drinking water through the day also reduces the urge to snack between meals and helps control your calories intake. If you want to flavor your water, don’t drink packaged juices but instead infuse your water with freshly cut fruits.
- Green Tea: Green tea is rich in flavonoids that increase a person’s metabolic rate and the rate of fat oxidation. There are many types of green tea available today and one of the best types of green tea is the Matcha green tea as this is the richest source of antioxidants. Do not add milk or sugar to green tea.
- Mint Tea: Tea made from fresh or dried peppermint leaves has a very low calorific value and is a great substitute for soft drinks and processed juices. This type of tea is ideal for the summer and winter months and is also rich in antioxidants. Once again, you can use honey to sweeten your tea.
- Black Coffee: Coffee can keep you awake but it can also help you lose weight. Coffee is rich in chlorogenic acid compounds that act as antioxidants and slow down the body’s production of glucose. Simultaneously, this lowers the production of fat cells. Black coffee can also suppress your appetite and stimulate your metabolism. Plain black coffee has negligible calories as long as there is no sugar added to it.
- Vegetable Juice: Vegetables are a rich source of vitamins, minerals and fiber while being low in calories and fat content. Thus, you can never have too much vegetable content in your diet. Drinking vegetable juice before meals reduce your serving size and your total calorie consumption. When juicing vegetables, using a juicer reduces the fiber content in your juice and hence, it is better to blend the raw vegetables.
- Grapefruit Juice: Grapefruits are low in calories and high in fiber content. It also helps manage insulin levels and energy metabolism. Like other juices, the ideal time to drink a glass o grapefruit juice is 20 minutes before meals.