Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Khurana B BYour feedback matters!
After delivery My wifes blood pressure is 90/170 And she suffer from fiver, headache Baby is normal Is that any home remedy for this situation.
Hypertension is commonly known as high blood pressure, a condition in which the heart pumps excessive blood which may eventually cause damage to the arteries. Hypertension generally develops over a prolonged period of time. Hypertension is calculated to be a blood pressure count above 140/90 (millimetres of mercury).
Hypertension is of two types:
- Primary hypertension: The cause of primary hypertension is not specific. It happens to develop over a period of time.
- Secondary hypertension: Secondary hypertension occurs due to an underlying health condition. This type of hypertension may develop all of a sudden. There are many causes of secondary hypertension
In some cases high blood pressure can develop during a pregnancy. If high blood pressure persists for over 20 weeks, it can cause severe complications. Untreated hypertension can result in premature delivery.
Signs you have hypertension
Hypertension generally does not have any specific symptom. Thus, it can remain undiagnosed for years. Some of the symptoms of hypertension are:
- Nose bleeding
- Irregular heartbeat
- Tiredness and fatigue
- Breathing difficulty
Risks associated with hypertension
- Heart diseases
- Heart failure
- Vision loss
- Kidney damage
- Memory loss
How can it be treated?
Incorporating certain changes to your diet can help in combating the symptoms of hypertension. In a nutshell, a healthy way of living consisting of a well- balanced diet and regular exercises are the most basic ways of treating this condition. Some of the important lifestyle changes that can treat high blood pressure are:
- Restrict salt in your diet to a maximum limit of 5g a day.
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Lose weight by keeping a check on your diet and exercising regularly
- Manage your stress levels by using relaxation techniques to manage stress levels.
- Medications are also used to lower the blood pressure
- Calcium-channel blockers
- Angiotensin receptor blockers
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult here
How to he rid of chest fat commonly called gyanocomastiya. Is there any exercise or medicine to get rid of this.
I am 43, male, feel extremely exhausted all the time, have smoking habit with bp and diabetis, on medication. What could be wrong?
I have high bp and also want regrow hair and reverse premature greying, So I am taking 3 garlic cloves with 6 curry leaves curry leaves empty stomach. Also I want ask how effective is patanjali Ashwashila capsules for infertility.
Ayurveda is an ancient life science that originated in India. It recognises herbs as medicines and Yogic postures as well as lifestyle changes as the supporting factors in its medicinal field. It is called a life science because the basic mode of treatment is done by tweaking one's lifestyle in order to reach the root cause of the ailment, which will be cleared from one's life gradually. Congestion is recognised as the accumulation of too much mucus and fluid in your lungs and is usually born due to an imbalance of the Vata Dosha, as per Ayurveda. This congestion can happen in the nasal or respiratory passages.
Let us find out what else Ayurveda says about congestion:
- Symptoms: The symptoms of congestion include a tickling sensation at the back of the throat as well as the nasal passages, depending on the exact area of the congestion. Also, severe headaches and wheezing along with laboured breathing and tightening of the chest can point at the presence of congestion. In very severe cases, the patient may also complain of blood discharge while coughing, high fever, rashes on the skin, neck stiffness and other such conditions.
- Causes: There are various causes of congestion. While infection, allergy and cold are some of the most common conditions that may cause congestion, it has also been seen that congestion may arise as a symptom of a more serious ailment. Asthma is one such respiratory ailment that causes swelling in the airways, which can give rise to congestion. Also, inflammation of the bronchial tube lining can cause this condition where a greenish discharge happens due to the viral nature of the condition. Pneumonia and tuberculosis are also ailments, which can cause severe and painful congestion.
- Remedies: As per Ayurveda, there are many remedies that can help in treating this condition. One can drink herbal tea all day as the anti-oxidants will help in flushing out all those toxins that are causing a painful build-up of mucus and fluids inside. Also, one can use essential oils like eucalyptus oil for inhalation, steaming and even massages. One must take care not to let this oil touch the hair as greying might happen. Yoga and aromatherapy can also be practiced so as to do away with congestion. Also, the patient can add a pinch of salt to a glass of warm water in order to do a saline water gargle which will eventually clear the air passages.
Taking care of one's diet is one of the most important parts of any treatment in Ayurveda. Ingesting warm liquids like milk and warm food can help in loosening and removing the mucus build up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.