Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Kamalkumar ChawlaYour feedback matters!
I have throat infection for so many days and it get worst day by day especially during winter. Can you please give me some preventive measures so that it can be cured? And also prescribe some medicines?
My age was 21 I was felling throat infection. Cold from 3 days. Pain of throat was very high. Please suggest a good medicine.
Hello doctor I had a problem with the nose that is I cannot take air inlet and lose I had a lot of headaches during the nights so please can you tell some solutions to those problems.
I was having fever last two days. Now fever gets reduced but my throat is infected. I cant even drink water. Its paining lot. Wat to do? Help me.
Hi My age 24 I've sore throat now, and Slight pain in the throat. I've abrasions on the inside of my foreskin, yesterday, I consulted a doctor and he told me it's hsv-2 by visually diagnosing without any medical tests. And he prescribed valcet along with a cream for my condition. Although I'm sexually active but I doubt his diagnosis as I'm with only 1 partner till now and also she was virgin prior to me. Also, 2 months back my partner and I had unprotected sex when she was having a urine infection (we didn't know then). Later she got prescribed for urine infection and got cured. Now, I've encountered sore throat and it's paining a tiny bit while swallowing since today's morning, I don't know what it is. Please let me know what should I do now.
Otoplasty is a surgical procedure where modifications are made in the shape and size of the ear. This procedure can only be carried put after the ears are fully developed, that is after the age of 5. This surgery can be used to improve the functionality as well as the appearance of the ear.
The reasons why people opt for otoplasty are-
- If the ears are relatively large in comparison to the face
- When the ear sticks out excessively from the head
- Problems caused by any previous surgery
Incisions are either made through the back of the ear or through the inner creases of the ear. Once the incision is made, then the excess skin or cartilage is eliminated. After completion of the surgery, the incisions are closed by stitches. The entire process generally lasts for up to two hours.
After the stitching is done, the ears are covered with bandages. Once the bandages are removed from the ear, a loose headband is worn to provide support to the ears while sleeping.
Risks associated with the surgery
There are certain risks associated with this surgery, like:
- Formation of the scars due to the surgery
- An asymmetric appearance of the ears as the healing process may affect it
- Decreased skin sensitivity in the adjoining area
- The stitches in the ear can cause inflammation in the skin. It may also lead to an abnormal shape where the ears have a pulled back appearance
- Like other surgeries, bleeding and infection may occur
Post procedural care
The following precautions should be taken after completion of otoplasty:
- The headband should be used constantly after the surgery for about two months
- Direct exposure to the sun should be avoided
- If rash forms after the bandages are removed then consult a medical professional.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Hi everytime i blow my nose it bleeeds and i have asthma already .I just hope its not cancer kindly let me know what can i do to stop it
I have a sinus problem for the past 9 or 10 years.. It's become very hard when weather changes.. Mujhe mere local doc. Ne btaya k ye seasonal allergy hai. Toh iske lie knsa treatment sabse best rahega. please tell me asap?
I have nasal septum deviation because of which my right nose is almost always blocked. But I have no problem in breathing with my left nose. Means I never feel any type of difficulty in breathing. Is it important to breath with two of them. Should I need to do Septoplasty. Please help.
I am 20 years old female I have throat infection in a couple of weeks but I used some medicine it is not used.Please tell.
I am 18 years old female I have throat problem since two months I can not speak clearly nasal voice also produces difficulty in swallowing doctor advice me to avoid aminoglycosides gentamycin amikacin n streptomycin ans ciplox norflox and tetracycline why? Ct scan t3 t4 tsh all tests are normal.
Hi my friend 38years old keeps on snoring for all night, can you suggest any medicine or liquid medicine to reduce the noise?
Hearing is an essential process in everyone's life. Be it your social life or professional activities, hearing influences every aspect of your life. You can thus, never ignore the health of your ears to enjoy a healthy life. But there are several hindrances to obstruct effective hearing. One of the problems is the accumulation of a natural substance called cerumen produced by the glands present in the ear canal. The accumulated cerumen is medically referred to as Earwax. Over production of cerumen is mainly triggered by the deficiency of Omega-3 fatty acids, zinc and magnesium.
The basic function of the wax is to protect the ear canal from invasion by foreign particles like bacteria and dust particles. This is necessary for the smooth functioning of the ear and its protection from invaders. However, it becomes an irritating problem when the earwax is produced in excess. The problem aggravates when the ear canal is blocked due to accumulation of earwax. In such cases, we use certain objects such as bobby pins, Q-tips or cotton swabs to clean the accumulated earwax from the ear canal. What we do not realise is that pricking the wax using these objects can sometime cause significant damage to the ear. These objects push the wax deep inside the canal, leading to blockage.
The most common symptoms of excessive earwax are as follows:
- Developing a fullness feeling in the ears
- Loss of hearing on temporary basis
- Noises inside the ear
Here are the preventive measures to remove ear wax blockage:
- In order to prevent blockage of ear wax, try keeping it moist by frequently running water into your ear while taking a bath. This will prevent the ear wax from getting dried up so that it doesn’t get blocked in the ear canal. Make sure, you drain the water from the ear after running it for some time.
- Don’t use any pointed objects inside the ears as it can cause ear infection while pushing the wax deeper.
- Avoid inserting cotton swabs or ear buds into the ear canal. You can use them to remove exposed ear wax at the ear opening, but don’t push them deep inside the ear canal. It can push the excess ear wax inside the ear canal, thereby resulting in to an impact.
- Don’t use candle ear wax remover. Ear candles are another method to remove ear wax, but it can be really dangerous as you need to hold the lighted candle very close to your ear. It can even burn your ear.
- Don’t use cold water or a strong jet to drain out the excess ear wax. Strong jet can lead to the damage of the ear drum while cold water may result into dizziness.
- Avoid using any other method to remove ear wax at home, such as suction.
- Don’t use any type of acidic liquid in order to soften the ear wax.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are good for mitigating the problem of ear wax. So, include walnuts, avocados, salmon, albacore and ground flax seed in your diet.
- Consult a doctor if the problem persists even after using home remedies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Are amoxyllin and azithromycin plays equal role in treating throat infection caused due too cold. How both salt work in this case? Any of the salt is more effective for treating throat infection?
Unbearable pain in ear Water/puss coming out from ear After x-ray came to know that a hole also diagnosed Swelling of ear and around Sometime blood can be seen when I try to rub ear carefully Bad odour Pls suggest me a proper and effective remedy to get rid off and my ENT advised me for surgery but pls you all think about it and find out solutions without operation.
Dizziness is usually described as variety of sensations, which comprise of a feeling of faintness, unsteady, weak, light headed, giddy or woozy. When dizziness causes a false feeling of spinning and the moving surroundings is known as vertigo.
Dizziness can be one of the most common reasons for a visit to the doctor. However, constant feeling of dizziness can affect a person's life drastically, but it is rarely life threatening. The treatment of dizzy sensation and dizziness mostly depends on the symptoms.
Causes of Dizziness
The common causes of dizziness are medication, motion sickness and ear problems, especially disturbances of the inner ear. An injury, infection or poor blood circulation can also lead to dizziness. The triggers of dizziness and the sensations it provides are used to evaluate the cause. Also, the duration of the dizziness and the symptoms lead to a clue towards the cause of the same.
Dizziness Caused by the Inner Ear Problems
The balance of the body depends on the combined effort of many parts of the sensory system. These are:
- Sensory Nerves: These send messages to the brain in regard to the body positions and its movements
- Inner Ear: The inner ear has the organ of corti which are responsible for detecting the motions and thereby help in the balance of the body.
In vertigo a person might feel that the things around them are moving, thus creating a swaying or a spinning motion. Vertigo is usually caused by the problems of the inner ear.
The common causes are:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), this happens when the calcium particles accumulate in the inner ear canals. The inner ear is responsible for the body movements and balance.
- Meniere's disease, a problem of the inner ear mainly caused by the build up of the fluids, thereby leading to a change in pressure. This causes vertigo along with hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Vestibular neuritis is the problem of the inner ear and is largely due to infection. Infection leads to swelling of the nerves of the inner ear which affect the body movements.
Treatment of Vertigo Includes:
- Rehabilitation of the vestibular system by physical therapy in order to strengthen it.
- Canalith repositioning by suggesting some body and head movements basically for BPPV. These movements help to move the calcium deposits from the inner ear canals to one of the chambers, which are further absorbed by the body. When the canaliths (calcium deposits) move, it might give rise to vertigo.
- Medicines are given to relieve symptoms of motion sickness and nausea. Antibiotics can be taken in case of infection and swelling.
- Surgery in some cases.