Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. K. VijayalakshmiYour feedback matters!
avoid carbonated drinks (gas), and if consumed atleast avoid it at night times because they acid containing and helps germs to attack tooth more easily. follow this and have a healthy teeth and smile, TAKE CARE.
I am 23 years old, I have pain in my head for about 3 years and I consulted doctors and they told that I have migraine problem. And now my situation is that even in a small tension my left back portion of head stars paining, and the pain is intolerable. I can't able to do anything in this situation and just only sleep. So sir please help me.
I an suffering from teeth pain. Sir I decided that I'll remove teeth. But doctor said that the gap will not fill after that. Is there any serious problem if I will not fill the gap by artificial teeth?
I have a daydreaming problem. That is I will be lost in my dreams for long time. I know that it is not real. But still I can't stop it. It's severely affecting my studies. And this problem I'd pushing me to depression and anxiety. I am losing hope and confidence. Help me!
Hallo sir my age is 23 and my weight is 45 and my problem is backpain. please any medicine detail for me.
I am 21 year old. Mare face par pimples k black spot he. Or eyes ke niche dark circles, is there any medicine to remove black spot and dark circles.
I am 17 year old teenager and I swelling in my knees as I got hurt while playing and I have applied all type of creams and lotions but nothing worked. So suggest me some tips and prescriptions to be fit n fine again and be able to play cricket again. Thank you.
I'm 64kg weight and 5" 6 height. Generally it's normal, but it's look like I'm over weight and have too much fat at hip, how should I become normal, I mean how I'll loose that fat?
My father has a tumor in their food pipe. Which is about 25 to 35 cm. Can you please suggest me what can we do.
I am a motor mechanic, and married man. I am very thin and weak, How l keep my fitness and weight. So please advise me?
My daughter, she is 10 years old she has bed wetting problem, any medicine in d ayurveda? And also I have Hitus Hernia for last 4 years - 4cms.- any med. Without operation? Thanks.
Diagnosis of tuberculosis is based on a combination of clinical features, smear examination of sputum where available, tuberculin skin testing or Mantoux test, chest X-ray and Histopathologic / cytologic examination as appropriate. Common clinical features are weight loss, persistent fever and /or cough of more than 2 weeks duration and history of close contact with another Tuberculosis patient.
Mantoux test also known as Tuberculin skin test is used for the detection of infection by Mycobacterium Tuberculosis bacteria. The test consists of slowly injecting a liquid intradermally (superficially within the layers of the skin) on the forearm, leading to formation of a raised vesicle which should be easily visible to the naked eye. This liquid, used in India, is Tuberculin PPD RT 23 strain. Tuberculin is a glycerol extract of the Tuberculosis bacteria. This is one of the two WHO accepted standard tuberculins, apart from PPD-S. In India, where the prevalence of tuberculosis is high, the recommended dose of this liquid is 0.1 ml of 1 TU (TU stands for tuberculin units) .1 TU is the strength of the liquid mentioned on the vial. This liquid is usually administered by a very tiny syringe, usually of 26 gauge. (Needle diameter).
Please click on the link to watch a video demonstrating how this procedure is performed.
Test principle : The individual who has been infected with Tubercle bacilli responds with a hypersensitivity reaction at the test site in the form of induration. Induration is the palpable raised hardening of the skin, while erythema refers to redness of skin. Only induration is clinically significant and measured after 48 to 72hours following injection. Diameter of the Induration is measured by a scale in millimetres perpendicular to the long axis of the forearm.
Interpretation of the tuberculin test
- Size of induration 15 mm and above : - signifies infection with tubercle bacilli
- Size of induration 10-14 mm : - could be due to infection with tubercle bacilli, BCG induced sensitivity, or due to cross reaction with other environmental mycobacteria.
It is more likely to be attributable to infection with tubercle bacilli in case of history of contact with smear positive case of pulmonary TB, clinically confirmed TB OR X-ray consistent with active TB.
- Size of induration 5 -9 mm: usually non tuberculous in nature generally
- Size of induration <5 mm : indicates absence of any type of mycobacterial infection.
Precautions during this procedure :
- If a raised vesicle does not appear it means that the liquid has been injected too deeply, and the test should be repeated on the other arm. If the same arm is used the injection site should be should be separated at least 5 cm from the first injection site.
- Occasional patients may experience severe allergic reaction to the tuberculin PPD
- Larger the size of the induration, higher the probability of presence of infection with tubercle bacilli.
- Almost all reactions with induration more than 15 mm maybe considered attributable to infection with tubercle bacilli.
- Formation of necrosis (ulcer) at the test site, indicates high degree of tuberculin sensitivity and suggests presence of infection with tubercle bacteria.
- Tuberculin reaction may be suppressed (falsely low) in presence of immunosuppressive states. Like HIV, malnutrition, patient on steroid therapy etc.
- Mantoux test is generally not recommended for infants less than 12 weeks old. If the test turns out to be positive, then it is significant, but if the test is negative, then the test needs to be repeated again.
- The tuberculin test detects only the presence or absence of tuberculosis infection. The presence of infection is not synonymous with disease. It simply means, that even if you have tuberculosis infection in your body, as detected by positive Mantoux test, it does not mean you have active Tuberculosis in your body and require anti tuberculosis drugs in all cases. The clinician will correlate your mantoux test result with other tests ( as mentioned at the top of the blog) to give you a final picture.
- For more such interesting articles please visit my blogsite www.doctors4patients.com
Is supplement or protein powder is dangerous to health or not? Which is more good to building muscle & pumping body.
I lost my love last month and I am feeling very depressed and I am not able to do my work. Please help me.
Lipoma can be clearly understood as that fat tumour – like protrusion on your hands, which disappears when we put a finger on it. This is a very benign tumour that occurs in the body. It is caused due to the accumulation of fat cells. In most cases, these tumours are painless, although, these might be pain causing too.
Furthermore, the most common parts of the body where this growth develops are the hands, shoulders, neck and upper limbs. Lipoma can be treated with the help of homeopathic medicines. In case you find a lipoma growth anywhere in your body, the best option is to seek professional help. Some of the common homeopathic treatments that can cure lipoma are:
Calcarea Carb: This is the best medicine to treat lipoma in those who are overweight. A few symptoms and tests need to be performed on the patient before administering this medicine. The three parameters which are assessed before prescribing this medicine are excessive sweating through the head, sensitivity to cold air and special eating habits like craving for a particular kind of food. Apart from these three parameters, which are the main ones to be checked, it is also seen if the patient suffers from constipation and acidity. If these symptoms match with that of the patient, then Calcarea Carb is prescribed for treating lipomas.
Sulphur: The next in line to treat lipoma would be sulphur. In fact, sulphur and Calcarea Carb are mostly at par with each other. However, it remains to be seen which medicine suits who depending on the constitutional make of the person. Those patients with high intake of sweets in their diet, excessive sweating, sensitivity towards heat and dislike towards bathing are the best candidates for administering Sulphur for treating lipoma.
Belladonna: Though lipoma is usually painless, at times it can be painful too. In such situations, the pain is aggravated on touching the lump. Belladonna not only helps in subsiding the pain but also in dissolving the lump fully.
Thuja: This helps in dissolving any fatty lumps developing anywhere in the body. In case the patient suffers from high cholesterol, then this is the best medicine to be administered.
Lipoma is a very common condition, which develops in people due to the formation of a fatty lump. It is a condition which needs to be treated immediately, but with effective treatments, it can completely disappear.