Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Rama Krishna
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K Rama KrishnaYour feedback matters!
Iam 49 yrs old having DIABETES for more than 10 years I have tried all medicines with insulin also but my blood glucose is high between 260 to 280 in empty stomach.
Diabetic patients should have a meticulous focus on the kind of food they consume. While too much food can shoot up the blood sugar level, too less food can bring down the blood sugar level. It is necessary to maintain a fine balance. It is also very critical to refrain from certain food items which can give a blow back to diabetes.
Here is a list of 8 such food items to stay away from:
- Candy: Candies contain a high amount of sugar and largely contribute to weight gain and increase in blood sugar. Instead of consuming candies, it makes sense to satisfy the sweet tooth with food items such as berries, fruit salad etc.
- Pastries and cakes: Pastries and cakes are loaded with white flour, sugar, and sodium. They not, only interfere with the proper functioning of insulin in the body but can shoot up blood sugar level in a very short span of time.
- White bread: White bread acts just like sugar. Once the body digests it, the refined starch in the white bread interferes with insulin and disturbs diabetes control. A better option to white bread is a whole bread English muffin.
- French fries: A favorite to many, this can wreak havoc to the blood sugar level of a person suffering from diabetes. It contains tons of oil, carb, and starch. It raises the cholesterol level and invites other diseases as well.
- Syrup and pancakes: It is one of the worst choices in a breakfast. It has loads of white flour and carbs. The butter inside the pancakes makes it worse. Not only does it interfere with the insulin in the body, it majorly disturbs the diabetes control regime.
- Raisins: While raisins may not be as harmful as other food items, it still has a detrimental effect on the body. Owing to its concentrated sugar content, it can raise the blood sugar level.
- Fruit juice: Strange as it may sound, fruit juice, even if they are hundred percent pure is as good as a sugar syrup. It can sharply increase the blood sugar level and be a major roadblock to diabetes control.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!