Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K P Rama Rao
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K P Rama RaoYour feedback matters!
The most important concern that any expecting parent can think about is the possibility of a baby born with birth defects. Birth defects are common in the era of modern medicine and advanced technology, but some of the birth defects are easily avoidable.
Birth defects are either Structural Birth Defects or Functional Birth Defects. The structural birth defects include the infant showing abnormal symptoms and progress in muscles and organs whereas, functional birth defects include the defects in systems, which make the body function properly, such as the neurological and endocrine systems.
The most common structural birth defects are given below:
- Missing or abnormal limbs
- Heart defects
- Club foot (when you cannot put your foot sole on the floor)
- Cleft palate (splits or openings in the mouth's roof)
Causes of structural birth defects: The causes of structural birth defects are mainly attributed to genetic disorders or environmental factors such as conception and pregnancy. The external factors include smoking or drinking during pregnancy, deficiency in nutrition or exposure to viruses and other harmful chemicals.
The common functional birth defects are given below:
- Sensory disorder: Disorders in sensory system that can cause blindness and other problems, such as the loss of hearing abilities (both partially and fully).
- Spectrum Disorder: Problem in proper functioning of brain and the nervous system leading to intellectual impairment, ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) and disability in speaking and hearing.
- Immunity disorder: It may cause cancer, autoimmune diseases (wherein your body's immune system attacks the healthy tissues) and allergy disorders.
- Degenerative Disorder: In this case, the child grows normally, but later shows problem in functioning and day to day activities. Examples of Degenerative disorder will include Rett syndrome (rare neurological postnatal condition of the brain's grey area) and muscular dystrophy (continuous muscle weakening).
Treatment of Birth defects: Birth defects are recognized by a series of tests conducted during pregnancy. Prenatal ultrasounds can be used to identify birth defects in the uterus. A sample of amniotic fluid (the fluid which surrounds the fetus) can be done along with blood tests to combat birth defects. Some prenatal tests can be done to determine the infections which the mother might have which can cause harm to the infant. There are many medications available to combat birth defects. However, it must be noticed that majority of birth defects can be diagnosed and cured after birth.
Hi I am 24 yrs and I have a 2 years infant. After stopping breast feeding. My breasts hv completely sagged. Massaged 4 3 months. .bt don't find any result. Suggest me .hw 2 enhance my breast.
Hello Dr. My baby girl is going to complete 2 months on 1st November. Today she did potty N her poop was bright green in colour. Yesterday she had mild fever N last month she had vaccines. (And in my diet I have included cow milk otherwise I never used to had cow milk as it causes gas. And I'm noticing my milk is more watery then before .) Is it normal or any matter of concern? Kindly reply. Waiting for response. Thank you.
My baby is 3 years old. She suck her thumb before n after sleep. How can we forget her habit. We already tried many things to remove this habit.
My 6 year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day, but still it pains regularly, what to do?
My baby has thalassemia trait she is 7 months old now my question is in future any Risk of thalassemia disease of my baby.
My Daughter 2 and half month old. She have too much Gas (Colic) problem.Dr. recommend Colicaid and Neopeptine Drops but nothing use. I want to know when dis problem Will Go. After 3 month or 6 month. Please suggest what I should do for colic.
Parents today, are more concerned about their child's healthy diet and hygiene compared to earlier days. They are more inclined towards quality when it comes to providing medical assistance to their children. They are also now well aware of the side effects of conventional drugs and are keen towards trying alternative treatments, which come with no side effects.
Studies prove that conventional drugs suppress diseases and antibiotics hamper digestion. But homeopathy on the other hand, offers natural remedies, which are safe, and has long-lasting effect by boosting your body's immunity.
Below are some of the conditions, in which homeopathy works wonders with the kids:
- Acute conditions such as cold, flu, sore throat and stomach infections, etc. These conditions are self-limiting. Homeopathic remedies not only cure these acute problems, but also prevent their recurrence.
- Chronic diseases like eczema and allergies are cured completely and never reoccur when treated with homeopathy. In both the above cases, homeopathy works miraculously. Alongside the healing process, it boosts the child's self-defense mechanisms to fight against diseases. While antibiotics may be too harsh for the child's body, homeopathy is a safer option, since it does not have any side effects.
Homeopathy is also effective in treating colic, earache and reduces pain and discomforts. Some of the common problems of children where homeopathy works well are fever, teething, vomiting, diarrhea, dysentery, kidney diseases, infant colic, jaundice, eczema, convulsions, ear infection, fungal infections, warts, thyroid problems, and other growth related problems.
Not just physical symptoms, homeopathy also treats mental and emotional disturbances:
- You can take help of homeopathy treatment if the child is cranky or restless, and it is very beneficial even in case of hyperactive children.
- It is also effective in increasing concentration.
- Homeopathy works perfectly for specially challenged children as well.
- One of the plus points with homeopathic medicine is that it is easy to administer given their light doses and consumable taste.
- In addition, injections are not required. Furthermore, homeopathic treatment helps in all stages of childhood.
Homeopathy is a holistic system of medicine. It works on improving immunity rather than only curing the disease. Thus, it is very important to complete courses in homeopathy medication. Even though handy, homeopathy does not allow self-medication.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Possible causes include:
Worn tooth enamel
Exposed tooth root
In healthy teeth, a layer of enamel protects the crowns of your teeth—the part above the gum line. Under the gum line a layer called cementum protects the tooth root. Underneath both the enamel and the cementum is dentin.
Dentin is less dense than enamel and cementum and contains microscopic tubules (small hollow tubes or canals). When dentin loses its protective covering of enamel or cementum these tubules allow heat and cold or acidic or sticky foods to reach the nerves and cells inside the tooth. Dentin may also be exposed when gums recede. The result can be hypersensitivity.
Sensitive teeth can be treated. The type of treatment will depend on what is causing the sensitivity. Your dentist may suggest one of a variety of treatments:
Desensitizing toothpaste. This contains compounds that help block transmission of sensation from the tooth surface to the nerve, and usually requires several applications before the sensitivity is reduced.
Fluoride gel. An in-office technique which strengthens tooth enamel and reduces the transmission of sensations.
A crown, inlay or bonding. These may be used to correct a flaw or decay that results in sensitivity.
Surgical gum graft. If gum tissue has been lost from the root, this will protect the root and reduce sensitivity.
Root canal. If sensitivity is severe and persistent and cannot be treated by other means, your dentist may recommend this treatment to eliminate the problem.