Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JyothiYour feedback matters!
My wife is suffering from high BP since last 10 years. Her bp pattern remains in range 170/90 for about one month. We have been monitoring regularly at home. She takes a pill LODOS 2.5. Also she has been taking garlic pills. However it never reduces below this level. She is quite reluctant to visit a doctor. Also she has lost 70%of her teeth still she does nt want to visit dental surgeon for treatment. Is this could be a reason for her high blood pressure. Please help.
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.
In morning after brushing also my mouth become bad breath. If I take coffee or tea my tongue became fungus. And starting bad breath from mouth. Thats way I am having no self confidence to speak to others. Pls help me.
Since last 4 month I am facing problems in teeth. Problem-since 4 month I am suffering from bleeding and gap between teeth increasing.
Hi I was just coming out of a terrible flare up for 2 days. And today I went to the doctors to get some anti depressant pills. I then had to go to the dentist. I thought I would have a coffee in costa. I saw a very small granola bar. I asked if it had sugar in it and they said no. I purchased.
I have a broken teeth on the front upper side. Can it be possible to make an artificial teeth with the support of the broken half?
How to cure the teeth problem when hot or cold water is drunk. Any effective measures for curing this problem.
My teeth are little bit front. I took treatment from doctor he kept clip also after one year he removed that clip. Now am feeling little bit better but also am not satisfied. Now teeth are went inside but am feeling that my gums are little bit front. So what should I do now.
In contrast to traditional braces, which typically involve the use of a network of connected brackets and wires in order to enhance tooth mobility, clear or invisible aligners is a relatively new approach when it comes to aligning teeth and involves the use of a number of custom-made tight-fitting retainers, which can slip over your teeth easily.
Clear orthodontic aligners are generally used for patients who either have minor spacing issues or have mildly crowded teeth. Moreover, since clear aligners are custom made for a tighter fit, they are more suited for adults and late teenagers and not for young children who are still growing and developing their teeth.
Initially, your doctor will try to correct your bite after, which he or she can proceed with fitting you several versions of aligners, which help make slight adjustments to move your teeth during the course of the treatment. Usually made of a clear acrylic or plastic material, clear aligners fit tightly over your teeth, but are removable for eating purposes or for brushing and flossing. Every few weeks, you will probably get a new aligner in order to help move your teeth into the desired location.
Depending upon how much your teeth need to be moved, treatment will generally take around ten to twenty four months to complete. However, if your teeth have but shifted just slightly, then treatment can be completed in just a matter of ten weeks.
Advantages of using clear orthodontic aligners over traditional braces include:
- You won't be having a "metal mouth" as with metal braces
- Can be easily removed before brushing or flossing
- Maintains good long-term oral health
- Helps give a better and brighter smile