Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. JotirmaiYour feedback matters!
Actually as per shopkeeper of the opticians, they says that glasses and lens are good for eyes and lasik is a risk for life and if we do lasik after few years again we have to use the glass. So is that true because no one wants to play with their own eyes. If lasik is good so suggest me some good hospital as I am living in Nasik road. Thanks for your guidance
I have red eyes from 10 days. Also etching is there. And also tears falls sometimes from it. What to do?
Hi doc my name is shashi. I worked on pc for ten hours daily since one year. Now a days I am suffering from headache and I can't sleep properly due to pain. Although I m using anti reflecting glass. So please help me to cure that problem.
I am 61 year old man, the place where I was working had a big hospital and all Doctors the doctor for eyes after checking, putting drops in the eyes etc prescribed glasses, but that didn't work I and some of my colleagues found it very difficult, at times used to bang in to each other, so I stopped using those glasses and used ready made glasses which the shopkeeper gave after checking my eyesight with a computer-that worked Fine and still is, only reading of +3, think I need new glasses, what is your advice Doctor? Your earlier suggestion of putting Aquaray Gel, for itching in the eyes was very helpful-Perfect. Regards.
Colour blindness is not a type of blindness at all; it is an insufficiency in the way some people see colour. Once afflicted by this vision problem, people face difficulty in distinguishing specific colours like red, green, blue or yellow. So to call it colour vision deficiency would be much appropriate, and it hits men more often than women. In a report by Prevent Blindness America, it is revealed that about 8% of males and less than 1% of females are affected with colour vision problems. Generally, red and green colour deficiency is the most commonly found. In very rare instances, a person may carry a trait which lessens his ability to distinguish between blue and yellow colours. This blue-yellow hue insufficiency normally is found in men and women equally.
Understanding signs and symptoms: Do you have any difficulty in seeing yellow, green or red colours? Do people often tell you that you are seeing the wrong colour? If so, then these are key signs that you are affected with a colour perception deficiency. Quite opposite to popular belief, hardly a colour blind person is able to see only the shades of gray. Most people who are deemed as colour blind are able to see shades but cannot distinguish between one colour and another and get easily confused with other shades, depending on the kind of colour blindness they are affected with. If you have suddenly developed a colour vision deficiency when you were able to view and distinguish all the shades previously, then you should visit an ophthalmologist without further delay.
Causes behind colour blindness: Colour blindness takes place when the light-sensitive cells within the retina stop responding accurately to variations in wavelengths of light.
Photoreceptors present in the retina are termed as rods and cones. Rods are present abundantly, and about 100 million rod cells are present in human retina and these cells are very sensitive to light, but rods are impervious to sunlight and therefore, are incapable of perceiving colours. The cones, on the other hand, are responsible for our understanding of different colours. There are three types of cones, each of which is responsible for perceiving red, green and blue light. The three cones work together to help us see the whole range of colours. People who are colour blind usually have faults in a particular cone cell, which makes them unable to distinguish that particular shade.
Combatting colour blindness: Gene therapies are reported to cure colour blindness in monkeys, as per the reports of a study conducted by researchers of the University of Washington and Florida in September 2009. While early methods appear promising, gene therapy is not considered effective for human beings unless the treatments are verified to be safe.
Hence there is no effective means of curing colour blindness, but there are some strategies that may aid you to function better. However, if you are into graphic designing or anything that requires handling of different colours, then you will need professional help. The sooner you become aware of your insufficiency, the better you can compensate for it.
Some people also use contact lenses or eyeglasses that act as filters to enhance colour perception. If you are affected by this problem, make sure you visit an eye-care practitioner for detailed advice.
DEAR DOCTOR/S, I GO MY EYE TESTED TODAY, REPORT AS FOLLOWS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE CORRECT LENS TO BE PUT ON. VD=12 SPH CYL AX +1.00 +0.25 107 +1.00 +0.25 105 +1.00 +0.25 107 --------------------------- +1.00 +0.25 107 +0.75 +0.50 61 +0.75 +0.50 60 +0.75 +0.50 60 +0.75 +0.50 64 -------------------------- +0.75 +0.50 60 PD = 67 NPD = 63 (40) KINDLY UPDATE ME THE REPORT ASAP. THANKS DOCTOR
My spectacles no is -4.5 both eyes it is stable from the past two years firstly my no is -3.5 in 9 standard sometimes I witnessed Pain only in left eye I undergone yearly check up at centre for sight meerut in which there is no problem in eyesight but sometimes Pain is there in left eye my age is 20 years how can I reduce my no and get clear eyes.
1. Every 20 minutes of looking at the screen, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Also, try to blink a lot.
2. Adjusting settings: Using a larger font to read helps to reduce eye strain. Adjusting your brightness helps, usually brighter screens are better in brighter rooms, dimmer screens are better in dark rooms.
3. Also, try to make your computer screen lower than your eyes. More of your eye is covered by your eyelid when you look down, so there will be more lubrication and you will subconsciously blink more.
4. Eating: A healthy diet prescribed by a registered dietitian will help you select foods rich in vitamin a and other nutrients for a healthy eye.
Do reply back if you need any help regarding foods to chose for your specific ailment.
According to few Opthals, since my age is 45 +, there may have affect on proper functioning of the lens / eye muscles. Tell me the exact long drawn effects of Laser Surgery esp. After 10 - 15 years when I'll be 55 - 60 +. What is the Success Percentage & probability of having certain degenerative effects on eye.
Hello Dr. I have eyesight problem and my doctor has suggested eyemist drops but using that is of no use sometimes my right eye gets blur pl do suggest me some remedy Dr. thks.
When mi seating font of the computer my left eye starting radius tears what is the reason of this problem.
I have an eye problem I lost my left eye vision almost Doctors say we can not do now Accidentally my eye was damage by a pen when I was 3 4 years Now both eyes are not looking same.
I have been suffering from red eyes since three days. I couldn't even concentrate on my studies. What can I do this for can you give me any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
I have problems in my eyes bcoz of regular work on computer so suggest me some tips for avoiding this problems.
I'm 20 years old and i'm having a left squint eye. Is there any method of correcting it without any surgery?
Dr, am a 61 year old retired professional, was in a Thermal power plant for about 35 years. I have no problem of Dandruff but my eyes do itch for about 3 to 7 days, when I take Alcohol, which is once in a month or 2 months, but I take it at a stretch for 3 to 4 days, without eating properly. I don" t have any chronic illness, just Blood pressure which is controlled-taking Nicardia retard 10 mg Aten 25 in the morning, and one Nicardia, after dinner. Am not an Alcoholic nor like it, just give company to friends. Can you please suggest something, to put in my eyes, if and when it itches--any Drops or Medicine, whatever.
Last five days I am suffering for right side eye allergy. Eye side quite red. Which eye drops are suitable at this time.
I feel slightly pain in my eyes. When I was watched in front of mirror, I noticed there are red muscles appear on the white region of eyeball. Sir what is that, please give me tips do and don't. Sir, I daily wet my eyes when I brush the teeth.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.